Caged Humanity

Caged Humanity

A Poem by Kay Salisu Titilola
"

...

"
Caged Humanity

Men caged in the mystery of life,
running helter-skelter that they might survive.
Single day with sumless strife,
trying all they could to get out of the trap.

The loop holes are hidden from the eyes.
The escape route lies somewhere blank.
Men keep running over and over
often returning to where they started.

Nevertheless, among the rest,
few people are getting out of the net.
People who keeps looking for the best
and could see the light through the darkness.

© 2019 Kay Salisu Titilola


Author's Note

Kay Salisu Titilola
I've been out of here for too long. I'm sorry for not giving a notice.

Here I am with this one.
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Everywhere greedy men run the world. Walmart, richest company for 20 years. Made money in their history off the back of their people.
"The loop holes are hidden from the eyes.
The escape route lies somewhere blank.
Men keep running over and over
often returning to where they started."
Our world, controlled by the 1%. Who is the mouse running in the maze? I believe us. Thank you Kay for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


I think your poem idea is sound Kay. In that some men break the line and walk away. They refuse to be lemmings. Most of the change in order comes from these revolutionaries. Well done.

Posted 4 Years Ago


As you cotrectly say Kay, not all cages are made of metal and those on the periphery looking in would see no such thing, but society itself makes sure there are barriers in place to tether us or grind us down. Just ask any low paid worker, who does the jobs no one else wants, who dreams of working for himself, how easy it would be for a bank loan to be granted, or the woman in a mans world who isn't just there too pretty up the place and make the coffee. Racism, social excusion and the complete lack of a classless society to name but a few.
The few who do make it have to work twice as hard and twice as long, just to even get noticed.
Those are barriers and those are cages, so the sooner more people start treating others as they are just another version of themself, the better for everyone, from top to bottom.
We need less labels to put on people and more asking them what their label (name) is.
Thought provoking write, which leads me to think the only barriers we do needis tokeep those who make the barriers out.

Posted 4 Years Ago


This is so nice, I was just imagining things in my head as I read it. Nice work.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Very intriguing write here, I enjoyed this. got me thinking

Posted 4 Years Ago


The poet here comes across similarly to Plato in his famous allegory "The Cave." The greater part of humanity is bound by its own blindness. A few, however, are, as the poet puts it, "getting out of the net." They are not content to remain limited, but are looking for the best. These are the ones who will eventually "see the light through the darkness."

Posted 4 Years Ago


Very nice penmanship about freedom. I enjoyed it. c: It was lovely. c:

Posted 4 Years Ago


Kay, I see humanity today as an absolute mess. We're caught in the nets of a sad conformity, a laziness and self-consumption many can't seem to escape. We walk through this world head down, eyes drilling into our mobile devices, oblivious to everything off the screen. We're caged in our own minds, it seems, and only the most humble, self-reflective dare escape. A stream of thoughts that flow from reading this well-written poem.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I am reminded of people everywhere in third world countries in particular who feel trapped. Trapped for many reasons. By circumstance, by poverty and because they are unable to express themselves in the way they would wish. That is indeed like living in a cage. I am fortunate to live within a free society, and I sincerely hope it stays that way. My mind wandered to many places reading you Kay.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


hello Kay I'm not sure if you meant this to be gender specific the writing doesn't seem to lend itself to it tho so I'm probably misreading your intent in this... I am left with a feeling that my world is a bit different than yours in this arena what you would paint as strife (I too) often times is a "given" in my society as compared to yours I have befriended some african nationals over the years and know that life can be much harder there as compared to here and I know the doctrines of emotional expression are much more restrained in its environment. Making me want to mention how you are a rare exception in a much harder world but as these things you write of are universal just different in there extremes

Posted 4 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 8, 2019
Last Updated on October 8, 2019
Tags: Life, challenge, step, experience.

Author

Kay Salisu Titilola
Kay Salisu Titilola

Ijebu ode, Ijebu ode, Nigeria



About
Just trying to reveal to the world about my point of view about life. What I think life is and How I think we can overcome. Through my experience and challenges in life, I've been able to figure ou.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heaven Heaven

A Poem by lightsong


April April

A Poem by lightsong