Elixir of a Ghost

Elixir of a Ghost

A Poem by KeeD

Here I go i'll tell you what you already know 
the snow melts away when summers near
I'm tired of letting you go but i'm okay 
Just a satellite that can't help revolve your way

You're a star in my universe 
One so freaking far away
But i'm okay, i'm okay
The past spends everyday shining your light my way 

If you look real closely 
you might understand 
I'm not looking for a chance worth living 
on a ground that's done giving

So enjoy existing on that planet of lies
while I continue gazing at the skies 
some nights are colder than most
but every star in reality is a ghost 

© 2014 KeeD


Author's Note

KeeD
So this ones about a girl named Kaylee about her poem I'm okay. I don't know Kaylee but it seems like she's hurting so hurt no more even though you might not read this. Random poems about random people.. connecting humanity.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Elixir of a Ghost"
KeeD,
In the process and changes within the celestial environment is a good palette for human changes and interaction. It is always changing.
So many people and relationships are in process and fade with time and of course some do not.
First stanza:"the snow melts away when summer is near."
Fourth stanza: "I'm not looking for a chance worth living.
On a ground that's done giving."
Last stanza:
"some nights are colder than most.
but every star in reality is a ghost."
Psychology and learning within life. Good poem to ponder.
blessings,
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


This poem has the Wow factor for me. Your space imagery is brilliant. The satellite with no control over its direction depicts the unrequited/lost love misery well; once you're in that space, your journey of suffering or grief is charted and you just have to endure it. The star metaphor is so cleverly used- 'the past sends every day shining your light my way' - brilliant; the love is dead but the feelings live on, pointlessly, for her. The loneliness of this image is very powerful for me. 'every star in reality is a ghost'

Posted 9 Years Ago


KeeD

9 Years Ago

I love how you just get it, you feel it.. that makes writing this so worthwhile for me.. thank you s.. read more
I guess it should be "While i continue gazing at the skies".. inspite of that is is really a heartfelt poem.. I wish it could have been my poem.. it feels like my feelings are put to words. Touchy.


~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


even though you say it is about her, you make it sound so real...as if the speaker of the poem is you and you are missing that person you lost...the grief is evident...the loss is felt hard...

i like how you put yourself in her shoes....often readers don't take into consideration that we may actually not be writing from our own perspective...that the poems aren't really diary entries and about us personally...we play parts like actors sometimes...put ourselves in others' shoes.

an ex of mine spent time in Charleston, south carolina....wrote me letters about what she saw and felt...i transferred what she told me into poems...i called them the "lily" poems...and wrote all of them from her perspective...

i really like this piece...and get it...i think.

Posted 9 Years Ago


KeeD

9 Years Ago

Lily poems, I'd love to read some if you've shared them on here or plan to do so.
You always .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2014
Last Updated on June 26, 2014

Author

KeeD
KeeD

Mumbai, India, India



About
Hey I'm Kee, I'm 32 and work as a journalist in Mumbai, India. I dabble in writing poetry and do it purely to pump out the creative juices in my being. Thank you for stopping by, live, laugh and love .. more..

Writing
The Glory The Glory

A Poem by KeeD


Calamities Will Calamities Will

A Poem by KeeD