Dear Broken Heart

Dear Broken Heart

A Poem by KeeD

A magazine told me
It's okay to feel lonely
She feels for you in phases
Put yourself in her shoes and switch places

I feel like a violent sky
Where dreams float up, expunge and die
Like an abandoned shoe on railroad tracks
You know there's a story there, but no ones coming back

My heart bleeds like a tree barks gum
Searching for air, drying up in the sun
Like the river below my tears will flow
and the heavens laugh at my fate foreshow

A magazine told me 
It's okay to feel lonely
She feels for you in phases
Time to take that magazine and blaze it

© 2023 KeeD


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

yes, advice for the lovelorn...It's okay to feel lonely...then move on....but those pages are just paper, and those words just filler.
Because we can no longer fill our heart when we are left alone.
And the past is always not far behind us no matter how many years pass.
My laces are untied, and the train is coming.
excellent write, Kee...
great to see you around again.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KeeD

3 Years Ago

Hi Jacob, glad to see you're doing well, hope all is good at your end during this pandemic.
.. read more



Reviews

A broken heart takes it own time to mend and no two hearts mend the same way. I feel the pain of the abandoned shoe and the heart hollering like an African drum. Yes, burn the magazine, this pain is like no other!

Great to read you after so long, dear KeeD...who doesn't remember "Bonfires"?
... and I hope we get to read more of your amazing poetry. I hope all is very well with you.

Posted 1 Year Ago


A bright and breezy poem! I know the subject matter could be construed as sad, but it made me smile because of the imagery and some of the interesting word choices. I enjoyed the read!

Posted 1 Year Ago


I really love your last stanza, this is a wonderful write

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KeeD

2 Years Ago

Thanks for the humble review.
amazing writings, Kee, well structured, lovely rhymes in so sincere and good own style. thanks so much for sharing ur experience, and for this right on time delivery. truly honest, Amber.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Dear KeeD, so good to see you back on the board. It's been a while. Those agony aunts, does anyone listen to them? Seems someone is smitten as well as broken hearted, while the lady comes and goes. Violent skies and drum beats. She's got you in a whirl. Felt the turmoil here and the heart's agony. Great poetry. Keep safe and well.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


yes, advice for the lovelorn...It's okay to feel lonely...then move on....but those pages are just paper, and those words just filler.
Because we can no longer fill our heart when we are left alone.
And the past is always not far behind us no matter how many years pass.
My laces are untied, and the train is coming.
excellent write, Kee...
great to see you around again.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KeeD

3 Years Ago

Hi Jacob, glad to see you're doing well, hope all is good at your end during this pandemic.
.. read more
I agree my friend.
"A magazine told me
It's okay to feel lonely
She feels for you in phases
Time to take that magazine and blaze it"
Nice to be alone sometimes but we need human contact and human voice. Thank you KeeD for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2021
Last Updated on November 9, 2023

Author

KeeD
KeeD

Mumbai, India, India



About
Hey I'm Kee, I'm 32 and work as a journalist in Mumbai, India. I dabble in writing poetry and do it purely to pump out the creative juices in my being. Thank you for stopping by, live, laugh and love .. more..

Writing
The Glory The Glory

A Poem by KeeD


Calamities Will Calamities Will

A Poem by KeeD



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memories Memories

A Poem by wordman