Cobera of Egypt

Cobera of Egypt

A Story by Kris Hague
"

A really old story I thought of around 2005, this is me re-writing it as the computer I had back then is no longer alive! It's about a Prince of Egypt who wants to be King but has no luck!

"
Marku, a fourteen year old Prince and Cobera, a sixteen year old prince, glared at each other across the Royal dinner table in the Throne Room, ever since they were young there had been hatred and competitiveness. There was no stopping these brothers from loathing each other so much, but tonight they had to be civil as they were celebrating the Pharaoh's safe return.

The youngest brother, Cibro, looked at Marku, then Cobera, he sighed, catching his older brother's attention, the eldest, Cobera, gave Cibro a donk on the head.

"He's only 12!" Marku whispered, to Cobera as he kicked him under the table, "You b*****d."

"Don't kick me." Cobera said sternly with gritted teeth, warning his younger brother.

"Or what?" Marku simply smirked and raised his eyebrows as he kicked Cobera again.

"You know what." Cobera growled under his breath.

They both slammed their hands on the table and stood up, they leaned into each other, looking as if they were about to rip each other to shreds. Marku was the first to retreat, he excused himself from the table and left the Throne Room, while Cobera watched him with hate in his eyes.

"Do you not wish to fight, dear brother?!" Cobera yelled after him, "Real men don't turn away!"

"Cobera," the Queen sighed, "sit down please, our guests wll be arriving soon."

Cobera reluctantly sat down, he knew what everything was about, the fancy decorations, the table and chairs, this was deffinitely not about the safe return of his father, it was about finding the Prince's a wife and heir.

As Cobera closed his eyes, he wished to be elsewhere. For so long he had wanted the power his father had, he hadn't even thought about having a burdened wife or devil child, the thought of it disgusts him. He couldn't bring a child into his life, and he certainly cannot ruin a innocent girl's life.

"Ah, Arogrot," The Pharaoh said happily as he stood up to greet the new arrivals, "these must be your children."

"Yes," the Pharaoh's noble replied as he pointed out his children, "Meglani my oldest and Emmy is my youngest."

"I understood you had an other daughter, am I mistaken?" The Pharaoh asked.

"No, My king, she is outside, she wanted to have a look around before she entered the Palace." The Noble replied.

Cobera opened his purple eyes and pulled on his white, shoulder length, messy hair, he sighed and rested his chin upon his left hand as a skinny girl with a black bob haircut and brown eyes sat opposite him, she smiled at him, he merely glared at her. She was far to plain for Cobera's liking.

As the "party" went on, he found out loads about her, she wouldn't shut up about herself, Cobera was nearly pushed to the edge, he couldn't believe how snobbish she was, he thought he was going to chop off her head, or burn her at stake. As much as he had loved to stay and kill her, he excused himself from the table, and walked slowly to his room.

In his bedroom, he gazed at the night sky, it somehow made the blood thirsty Prince feel at peace, he stood on his balcony, with his arms resting on the ledge. He smiled a little as he forgot about everything. Then, a thirteen year old girl, with long curly blonde hair and blue eyes stood at his doorway, he had caught her eye.

"Which Prince are you?" She smirked.

Cobera turned to see the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, his eyes widened for a second as he folded his arms. He just stood there, staring at her.

"Well?" She giggled.

"Oh!" Cobera smiled as he approached her. "Prince Cobera, and who may you be?"

"Narcissaa," she blushed as Cobera towered over her, "you're the oldest then, have you met my oldest? Meglani?" She asked as politely as she could.

"I have." He nodded as the fresh memories of trying to kill that bobbed haired girl came running back.

"What do you think of her?" Narcissa laughed, "I'd very much like to kill her, she always gets what she wants."

"I know the feeling." Cobera smiled.

Even though it was the Pharaoh's plans that Cobera was to be betrothed to Meglani, Narcissa's sister, he couldn't stop himself from liking Narcissa. As the months flew by, Cobera's feelings for Narcissa grew and grew.

© 2012 Kris Hague


Author's Note

Kris Hague
I did this on notepad, again, no spell checker! So if there are any errors, please notify me and I'll fix them straight away :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012
Tags: egypt, love, death, romance, King, Queen, Prince, Princess

Author

Kris Hague
Kris Hague

Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Hey I'm Kris, I've been writing fanfiction for around six years now, however, I want to try something different and write my own fiction, it will be hard, hopefully I'll get there =] I live in Scot.. more..

Writing
Derreameris Derreameris

A Story by Kris Hague