Fishing

Fishing

A Story by Kelly N
"

The history of fishing

"

Fishing

          Fishing is an ancient activity that goes back 14,000 years ago. Egyptians had drawings of kinds of fish in the Nile river on the walls of their caves. There has been experimental results that fishing started in the 1st century B.C. In that time they did not go to the store and buy fish hooks, they had to carve them out of stone or fish bones. It seems odd to catch a fish with a fish bone. One fish that came in handy was cod. Cod trading became big in the industry between Italy, Greece, Norway, Portugal, and Europe. This started in the time of Vikings, therefore they were a big part of the trading business. That was over 1,000 years ago and it is still important. Most of the time today we do recreational fishing, or fly fishing. Though nets are not allowed in most parks, most people and I are happy with a rod, reel, hook, and line.

© 2011 Kelly N


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this, because no one knows the history of fishing. Heck fish was food back in the day!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Added on September 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 19, 2011

Author

Kelly N
Kelly N

Smiling faces, beautiful places, SC



About
I really don't like reading but when I get into a book I like I get so interested in it. My fav school subject is writing. I love being outside, and in the country. I love fried chicken!! I really lov.. more..

Writing
Bogus Bogus

A Story by Kelly N