Cookies

Cookies

A Story by Kelly N
"

The history of cookies

"

Cookies

          Cookies are a delightfully tasty treat. Cookies are believed to have existed ever since baking has been around. The actual starting date is sometime in the 7th century. Persia was the first to have such a delicious sweet. America got the cookies from the Dutch in the 17th century. This left us with the name of koekje. Koekje means little cake in Deutschland. Though America changed the name to cooky, then soon was modified to cookie. In Scotland, a cookie would be a plain bun. Places such as South Africa and the United Kingdom, cookies are called biscuits. The word for cupcake in South Africa is cookie.  My favorite kind of cookie is peanut butter blossoms. The all time favorite of most people is chocolate chip, which I have rewarded second place. Cookies are fun and easy to make. And when you finish you have a yummy snack.

         

© 2011 Kelly N


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A delicious story about the history of cookies. Your descriptions leave the reader with the desire to fulfill their hunger with this noble treat and glass of milk as the piece de resistance to your enticing narrative.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on October 21, 2011
Last Updated on October 21, 2011

Author

Kelly N
Kelly N

Smiling faces, beautiful places, SC



About
I really don't like reading but when I get into a book I like I get so interested in it. My fav school subject is writing. I love being outside, and in the country. I love fried chicken!! I really lov.. more..

Writing
Bogus Bogus

A Story by Kelly N