The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of the Pursuance of Familial Reparations

The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of the Pursuance of Familial Reparations

A Story by Kemari Blue
"

How do you escape your own fate?

"

 

The twisted thing about vampires is that they are bad roommates.

They are the dark descendants of undead, unfeeling creatures who feed on the belief that taking is more rewarding than giving. They are gluttonous pigs who do only unto themselves and leave the carcasses of possibilities lying at another's doorstep. With hollow minds and shallow hearts, they plow through the offerings of the lively, sucking life and spirit from any and all.

I have stood, with teeth bared, poised on the brink of shredding the jugulars of friends and foes alike. I have tested karma with my narcissistic deviancies. I have lain in the filth of lies, greed, gluttony, sloth; sins that would make Dante blanch.

 

The dark black substance that runs through the veins of demons also runs through my bloodline. It is a thin, inky blood that whispers of secrets with the power to destroy, of betrayals and inhumane acts, of deceit and greedy desires.

 

The thing about vampires is that I come from a long line of them, from flesh-eating barracudas with a thirst for the blood of innocent bystanders. I come from the wombs of women who think nothing more to eating their young, slowly and surely, through the years, until the only thing left are bones sucked clean, lacking the meat and the soul that would make up this generation of creatures I call family.  

 

We are a family seduced by hate, and thread words of malevolence in our sentences, a braided vocality of kindness and malice.

 

We bounce easily from altruism to antipathy, a quiet flutter from empathy to enmity.

 

I have tried to sever the arteries of my heritage, to bleed out the ugliness and replenish my body with clean blood; the blood of kindness and goodness, the blood of happiness and purity. I have tried to cut through the lies, the hate, the maliciousness that boils just beneath the surface of the skin. I have tried because I have two whose veins are filled with my essence, my love, my plasma. I have tried because I do not want to become the ugly, self-loathing woman my mother can be, because I don’t want to be the financial purloiner my father has been. I have been these things once, taken over by the monsters of my genes, possessed by these demons spawned from my forefathers.

 

But as much as I try to purge the evil from my life, it continues to vomit all over my future. The intentions of the damned do not change the outcome of their path, it merely spreads out the karmic regurgitation.

 

The farther away I travel from the swirling tornadoes of my brood, the closer I get. I inadvertently am drawn back in, through the trickery of my own virtuous aspirations. The pursuance of familial reparations only fuels the fires of my own inferno and leaves me stranded in my own karmic wasteland.

© 2008 Kemari Blue


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love vampires. This is very sexy, but dark. Putting it from a vampire's perspective is very interesting.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I like how you wrote it from the vampire´s perspective.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Well written dark gothic fantasy. It's interesting because it's from a vampire's point of view, if I've read the story right.



Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2008

Author

Kemari Blue
Kemari Blue

About
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"- Ray Bradbury I support the makers of plastic cutlery and paper plates, because doing dishes is the pits. I am captivated by the .. more..