The Third Part of the Second Part.

The Third Part of the Second Part.

A Story by Ken Simm.
"

The third part of the second part of the seventies story.

"

The Third Part of the Second Part.

I didn’t know I was expected to dress for dinner. So we went out to eat.

I had clothes but apparently not the correct kind.

I didn’t know what a bidet was. So I didn’t do anything with it. I used everything else in the bathroom however.

As evening approached an atmosphere arrived to tap me quite hard on the shoulder and grin knowingly.

Helen knew and was reserved with me. I recognised this and did the only thing I was capable of at the time. I was distressingly and cringe makingly loud.

She invited me into her room. It seemed very much bigger than mine. She had unpacked. I had not.

Underwear was on show. Although she wasn’t. At least the underwear she was wearing wasn’t. Although when she came out of the bathroom her hair was tied up and arranged. I’d never seen her like that before and I stared hard at her neck and the small hairs curling there.

She smelled beautiful.

Things happened inside and around me. The top of my head tickled and one knee began trembling and seemed not to want to stop.

Then the questions…

“How do I look in this?”

“UH”.

“I don’t think this is right”

“Mmmm”.

“Turn around, I need to change”

I swear this happened. It was not my fault. I couldn’t help it. There was a mirror. I know you will say quite reasonably that I shouldn’t have looked. But think for a moment. Do you really believe that?

Sometime later she pointed out that she had a top like that looking at a woman in the restaurant. The b***h.

“Yeah, you also have some knickers in the same material as well.”

A violent reaction was the inevitable and direct result. I mean how dim can you be? There are times when lack of any experience at all is simply not enough of an excuse.

We walked slowly back to the hotel through the bright shining streets. We looked in shop windows. Helen looked at what was in there. I looked at her reflection.

The atmosphere was almost shouting in the dark. So was I, but making less sense.

Helen was whispering. She moved into the reflected shadow behind me. And then she placed her chin on my shoulder.

Gurble.

 

 

© 2017 Ken Simm.


Author's Note

Ken Simm.
The image is mine and is another part of the bedroom series contemorary with the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like this. Very interesting intrigued want to read more where do I start is it a chapter of a book or a short story

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and liking. Start at the piece entitled The First Part of the Seventies Story .. read more
"Gurbles" and innocence blushingly abound! The protagonists inch a little closer- he suffering with a forbidden mirror, she playing a game perhaps? Chin on shoulder....Hmmm. Amusing, real and touches the heart. Love these stories!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

Can I ask, did you read the second part Annette? I only ask because it is important for what comes l.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

I did Ken, and the 4th part of the 2nd as well.
Of course you looked in the mirror....you were young and so was she and she knew you would look anyway! :) Ah, young love....you seemed to gurble a lot! The honesty of youth...the vibrancy of it all....it comes alive in your write. Wonderful. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

I know. I was really, embaressingly dim in those days. so what has changed I hear you say. Thank you.. read more
Lydia Shutter

6 Years Ago

No way am I saying that. We were all innocent and in many ways naive.
I did like this chapter. I miss the days of respect and slow and easy. I like the thoughts and the walk into the city of London. A nice ending to a amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

All started to go downhill from here. Thanks so much John for the great review.
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.
Image: G-rated Bedroom Series.
At least, you didn't take the bidet for a drinking fountain.
Chin-on-your-shoulder was the last of many signs; women often say the exact opposite of what they're thinking--except when you go by that, then, of course, they mean exactly what they say.
No means no!--except...
A generally nostalgic, deeply perceptive and thoroughly entertaining Third Part of Whatever!


Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

I say I didn't use the bidet for..... but who knows. I might lie.
first rule of womanhood...... read more
Jimmy Yetts

6 Years Ago

"Bedroom Series" are often not G-rated--usually rated, at least, R. Was merely indicating that your .. read more
Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

Ah we have a different rating system over here. Thank you once more.
I have to warn you, I'm forgetful, so I cannot always connect the flow from one part to another part of your long, ongoing documentary here. I tend to read each one more as a discrete short story. Enjoyable for me, but maybe not as connected as you would like for my reading & commentary to be!?!?!

All in all, I love the way you write with an uninhibited zaniness, so that your depiction of a "typical" encounter ends up feeling like no other! I forgot to mention earlier in these ongoing reviews, that I am following the over-arching idea that you are a babe in the woods here & I'm loving the way you humbly admit to your cluelessness while also readying yourself to dive right in! This aspect is also nicely done here.

I haven't really assembled an impression of you or your writing yet, but I'm starting to get the idea that your mind is crammed full of details from your life that would make it pretty hard to write (I would think) with all these things competing with your attention span as you spill these multi-layered recollections. Fortunately, I'm too forgetful to remember most of my own details, which is why my nostalgic anecdotes are more streamlined, I think.

The ultimate indication that your mind is overflowing is this whole "third part of the second part" business of titling your stuff. I sure hope you're leading me down the right path with your read requests, becuz I won't be able to remember how this thing goes or what order to read stuff or where I am in the succession of the revelations!!! *wink! wink!* (((HUGS)))

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

This was always an experiment in writing. I too became disallusioned with writing that became too pr.. read more
barleygirl

6 Years Ago

Perfect . . . I put these links in my reading library!

I dislike writing (or movies o.. read more
Sets the atmosphere for what will happen next...I look forward to reading more Ken...the "gurble" intrigues me :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

I tend to say that a lot even now. Thank you so much for reading and liking this bit of memory nonse.. read more
Engagingly sweet and entertaining, Ken, especially how you introduced a younger you - loved the implication of the gurble, too!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

Did you read the second part where we went to that there London Kelly? I'm glad you liked this, than.. read more
I had to google what a bidet is ;) but finding that out just made the situation funny :p
I liked the nervous tension in this one. Already anticipating for the next chapter :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

Many, many thanks Yumna. I, glad you liked the humour.
Dr. YumnaKay

6 Years Ago

You're welcome, Ken :)
A lovely story Ken with an atmosphere of possible sexual chemistry and what if! These moments are delightful, innocent, and teasing all in one. a scenario of does he get the girl!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ken Simm.

6 Years Ago

You are going to have to wait Andrew for the next part. Thank you so much for the great review.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

564 Views
14 Reviews
Added on May 26, 2017
Last Updated on May 27, 2017
Tags: Story, seventies, students, art, life, memories, humour.

Author

Ken Simm.
Ken Simm.

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
'I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well. Unfortunately, I am confined to this theme by the narrowness of my experience' Thoreau. For all those who .. more..

Writing