Perception

Perception

A Poem by Kendallbass
"

I never know what to classify pieces like this. It doesn't rhyme or include rhythm, but I consider it a type of poetry due the the metaphorical sense of it. I hope you enjoy.

"
Open eyes don't always come with an open mind. Dull vision is due to the glazed look caused by the cloudiness that overcomes. Colors are bleak, the world isn't what it used to be. Every face seen is accompanied with turned down eyebrows as they stare back. Is it real? So hard to distinguish the difference anymore. Flashbacks force their way back, filled with brief images of what it used to be. Are they memories or myths created only to keep around the overwhelming sense of failure that never subsides? Change is just around the corner. Every step taken is followed by another stumble backwards. Don't turn around. The fog slowly dissipates and colors seem brighter, but only slightly. Vividness shouldn't be so hard to obtain, isn't it missed? Another unsure step after another. Frustrations seeps through. Reach out a shaky hand, someone is sure to take it. Once fingers are laced, then will the process begin to reverse. A slight twinge of upturned lips, what a familiar feeling. Blink hard, cry out the fog that has taken over. Sunshine radiates from above, and the faces from before are replaced with kind eyes and a gentle smile. Fact or fiction, happiness never felt so good.

© 2013 Kendallbass


Author's Note

Kendallbass
I'm open to all feedback, positive and negative so that I may improve. There may be some sentence fragments to give it an awkward flow so just be prepared.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: Metaphorical, deep, poetry

Author

Kendallbass
Kendallbass

Saco, ME



About
I am an aspiring writer looking to branch out and share my pieces with others who may enjoy what I have to say. I am always looking for feedback and hope to continue to improve my writing so that I mi.. more..

Writing
Storm Storm

A Poem by Kendallbass


Web Web

A Poem by Kendallbass


Finally Finally

A Poem by Kendallbass