Cycles

Cycles

A Poem by Kendallbass
"

A piece about the struggle between logic and desire.

"
Normality turns to fading glimpses of the unachievable, always taunting just out of reach. Stretching too far to grasp the comfort of what has already dissolved into a fading ghost of what once seemed so solid. The decay slowly creeps in, so swift and subtle that change seems so distant. The rot courses through, slow but persistent. The more it's ignored the more it manifests, feeding on vulnerability. Cracks make their way to the surface and it's time for re-building, but even the strongest walls can't prevent the ineveitable flood threatening to pour over like a waterfall. The heart and mind are back at their constant struggle. Impassiveness is laced with guilt while affliction is intertwined with unwanted emotion. Every direction has its own path, all looking just like the other. Is it time for a leap of faith? Each step forward is a risk and each step backwards is a disappointment. Everything is just beyond reach. Desire evolves into aquirement which then evolves into disinterest. Can the cycle be broken?

© 2013 Kendallbass


Author's Note

Kendallbass
Can this be considered poetry?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this. So descriptive and honest. Excellent

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is interesting poetry, in addition it is
philosophical, musical , inciting and inspiring.
No need to branch out, you have arrived.
----- John

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

922 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: Poem, deep, metaphorical

Author

Kendallbass
Kendallbass

Saco, ME



About
I am an aspiring writer looking to branch out and share my pieces with others who may enjoy what I have to say. I am always looking for feedback and hope to continue to improve my writing so that I mi.. more..

Writing
Storm Storm

A Poem by Kendallbass


Web Web

A Poem by Kendallbass


Finally Finally

A Poem by Kendallbass