Waterfall

Waterfall

A Poem by Kendallbass
"

A piece about buried emotions finally surfacing.

"
Through the hazy mist of inevitable uncertainty shows tumbling crystal waves of rising tension and falling sadness. The sound of rushing water petetrates my eardrums, a steady pulse with a threatening whisper. The faltering stone wall holds back these screaming waves from spilling down into the ambiguity of what lies below. I feel the faint cracks that begin to occupy the wall I have built up over the years. It used to be so strong, as if the stone was laced with impenetrable steel, weaving through the structure with unbreakable confidence. The waves were silent and serene, their presence barely known in the depths of my mind. Now I feel the insubstantial foreshadowing of a waterfall dully beating against the barrier that echoes in my head. As the waves thrash along the edge of the wall and seep through subtle cracks, the image mirrors in my eyes. A wave catches in the air, topples over the wall, and silently runs down my cheek. The wall is crumbling, and so am I.

© 2013 Kendallbass


Author's Note

Kendallbass
Another older piece, hopefully it can relate to someone. Feedback, positive or negative is always appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

you have such a beautiful way with words! very good

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: Metaphorical, deep, poem, emotional

Author

Kendallbass
Kendallbass

Saco, ME



About
I am an aspiring writer looking to branch out and share my pieces with others who may enjoy what I have to say. I am always looking for feedback and hope to continue to improve my writing so that I mi.. more..

Writing
Storm Storm

A Poem by Kendallbass


Web Web

A Poem by Kendallbass


Finally Finally

A Poem by Kendallbass