Story Time 001 a tale of love, when we met

Story Time 001 a tale of love, when we met

A Story by kenny

When We Met:
so here I was, at a friends house about to partake in my all time favorite hobby, which is tabletop gaming. And as I enter his house for the three day weekend, we see that his sister has a friend over. Now, I was never a big fan of his sister, or of most of her friends, but this one was different. She was gorgeous. and I'm not the kind of man to express my heart to other men, but I told him the moment me and my friend were out of earshot, I had to let the swelling feeling in my heart out. He of course brushed it off awkwardly as he wasn't the type either. But. I couldn't help it, she was so pretty.
later that night, I hadn't seen much of her, but I held out hope. Then, she came out. And hung out with us, instead of my friends sister. And she didn't like my friend that much, so I came to the only logical conclusion, she liked me. And believe or not, she did. Life was great, for a solid couple of hours. I had just met my favorite person on the planet and I was just discovering my favorite hobby.
Then she went back to hanging out with his sister. So I kinda focused on the game, but at the end of the night, I couldn't have cared less about warhammer, it was Taylor that was on my mind. Everything about her seemed so wonderful. With my friend gone to bed, I wasn't all that tired yet, and I could hear her and his sister still up in the other room. So for the first time in my life, I was determined to overstep my boundaries, and hang out just with two girls. I remember pausing before the door, the thousands of little voices screaming no, this is weird. And I shut them up with one thought, I don't care, I'm in love. so without remembering to knock, I swung open the door. It was all I could do not to run right back out that door, especially with the horrible look my friends sister was giving me. But the smile on Taylor's face reminded me in an instant, why I had done so. So I casually sat on the bed, and well, just was myself. Strangely enough, they ate it up.
After a few nervous hours of talking with them, I thought things couldn't be going better. Then one of the worst feelings I've ever had in my life happened. Taylor had gone for a moment, and ever hungry for more, I asked where she had run off to. To which my friend's sister replied, "she's probably on the phone with her boyfriend." The single worst pit in my stomach I had experienced in years. "well, her ex boyfriend, actually." and with that delayed sentence, all my hopes and dreams came rushing back in to fill that void created but moments before. The next morning, after what was supposed to just be hanging out for a few hours turned into spending the night, which turned into hanging out for a little while longer. But I had to shower, and my friend was particular about bathrooms, so he sent me home to shower and do all what I needed to do. So after a few hours of sitting around my house, I still could not stop thinking about her. There was a guitar at my friends house, and I could play a wee bit. So I took up the task of learning the prettiest song I could think of. And determined to learn it, I sat for a good two hours, just learning that song. I barely got the first riff down, but d****t, I was proud. and before I knew it, I was back at his house, but alas, she was gone. Crushed, but not wanting to seem needy, I said nothing. and we played more warhammer for a bit, and I was happy with that, but then finally she came back, they had just gone out to see a movie or something. I was thrilled. At long last she was back, but how to work the guitar part in? For the life of me I could not work it in! suddenly it didn't matter at all. because she was back to shining that perfect smile at every joke. It was one of those nights where you're simply shining. and soon, hanging out, once again turned into spending the night. So I was happy, so happy, I only spent time with my friend, when it was my turn. But it didn't matter, SHE mattered. So I would run back to her every chance I got. I still remember the incense that was burning, I am not a fan of the stuff, and without thinking I said so aloud, but now I would give anything to smell it one more time, because it reminds me of her. eventually my friend was fed up and he gave up on the game, and went to bed. But I really just did not care. sounds terrible now, but no one in the world compared to her. and eventually we all went to bed, though I got very little sleep, as I could only think of her, which made my heart race with every thought.
alas morning came, and the three day weekend was over, school loomed around the corner the very next day, and I knew I couldn't get the goahead for one more night, and she also had to go. So I manned up, and was determined to announce my love. but I told myself to cool it, and that a better time would come... but one never did.

© 2011 kenny


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on September 10, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011

Author

kenny
kenny

About
I mostly write sad poems, tongue in cheek poems, and poems about rocks :) more..

Writing
Measuring Measuring

A Poem by kenny