The Road

The Road

A Poem by Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

Looking out of his eyes, it rained whilst snowing.
Faded memories stream as the North wind keeps blowing.
Drowning in glasses filled with sweet nothingness and pain.
Surrounded by chatter and falsity of mammals.
He opened up another 20 pack of camels,
Filling his heart with the fire and brimstone of Cain.

Travelling head bowed down in yesterday's gravel.
Silently changing around him, the world unravels.
The lowest form of conversation is "remember when"
And he swears by his gods, the old and the new
When I look for absolution, I'm not coming to you.
Forgiveness is a virtue, I'll embrace when I am dead.

They asks of his woman with pretty eyelashes,
He remembers curly hair and a life of broken hearted lashes.
He replies with silence in the corner of a deathly grin.
They probe of his future and the company for his bed.
He runs up a temper, turning his eyes bloody red.
Yelling, Forgive them, oh Lord for they don't live in sin.

When I look at them now, I see my reflection,
From years long ago, with one purpose and affection.
As all things in life, this too must have its end.
Will they ever see this life, only fit for the living.
Alone in the dark, well, who am I kidding.
But enjoy this flight at every phase and at every bend.

By and by on the road, all loners will be ladened,
With choices of mates for troubles or of havens.
For all false cares, uncared with whisky and bread.
In patience of years that falls off your pages.
Stay your heart firm yet stay out of cages-
That you held so dearly, leaving eternal, a stain in your head.

Ever should I get out of this whirlwind without favour,
A self made man that worships no creator.
All of this time will be credited as a well wasted hell.
I'll hold your hand fast and walk you through this vigil.
Blending our souls in a cauldron of rituals.
Once we get going, we're gone for no one to tell.

So don't worry, my friend, my love I have started.
I'm on my way out, from the past, I'm departed.
I'll stick my thumb out for a ride to do this again.
And she can take me with the arms of a lover,
I'll be like I did, for her and no other.
With a smoke and song, breathing out of my soul in vain.
 
 

© 2014 Kenneth Nicholas Lowe


Author's Note

Kenneth Nicholas Lowe
Please review critically....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

And interesting journey here, mostly introspective and to that extent full of images which should evoke, but ultimately you are the only one that knows what the images belong to. It seems some are bounded by geographical locations as much as the need to relate to the environment and the people that surround you. Others are evocative of a healthy dose of darkness of questioning the sincerity of what comes towards you and what is the use of it all. The questioning leads you all the way to question the relationship with the Architect of it all so it seems that the questioning icreases exponentially. As the ending appears the revelation that maybe some of those images should be put to rest as this would favour and create a new window towards the future. It is a fluid writing with no stomping places and at times I felt the rhyme but it didi not dissolve the substance at hand.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Rene, your words bring out so much, that I have to admit I have not seen in this p.. read more
Rene Salinas

9 Years Ago

No wories mate! Is your writing thatdoes it not my review....



Reviews

I can see the musician influence in this prose. A road filled with may moments of experience and reflection. Difficult things to express, but you've captured an essence here that touches the heart and mind of the reader. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

9 Years Ago

Thank you Roarke... I did get inspired by a song to write this one... "Life's for the Living"
.. read more
Reading this was a great journey. I had to read it 2 times to write a review worth this.

"Drowning in glasses filled with sweet nothingness and pain.
Surrounded by chatter and falsity of mammals."
These lines are so full of honesty. The whole poem shows your talent. Life's full of so many sad events.
We all drink up the pain and act as if we are happy. The worlds words are no more important.
You explained life so smoothly. This is going into my library, definitely ! Great work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

9 Years Ago

Thank you Isha, Those are my favourite lines in the poem as well, I was insipired by a song of Towne.. read more
The imagery is vivid, the beauty of words has been engraved with thoughts! This is a sort of a prose poetry! A ballad even maybe!!!
Lovely and beautiful!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

9 Years Ago

Thank you Ivory....I did attempt it to be a ballad, Thank you for your kind words...
Very interesting, your poetry conjured images in my imagination so vividly. Excellent poem *claps*

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

9 Years Ago

Thank you Revisionist....*taking a bow* :)
I absolutely love this line: "Travelling head bowed down in yesterday's gravel." It is such a beautiful poem and unique that I sit here stunned. Well done! Flawless! A great write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

9 Years Ago

Tricia, you honour me with your words, that ironically, left me lost for words... Thank you so much
And interesting journey here, mostly introspective and to that extent full of images which should evoke, but ultimately you are the only one that knows what the images belong to. It seems some are bounded by geographical locations as much as the need to relate to the environment and the people that surround you. Others are evocative of a healthy dose of darkness of questioning the sincerity of what comes towards you and what is the use of it all. The questioning leads you all the way to question the relationship with the Architect of it all so it seems that the questioning icreases exponentially. As the ending appears the revelation that maybe some of those images should be put to rest as this would favour and create a new window towards the future. It is a fluid writing with no stomping places and at times I felt the rhyme but it didi not dissolve the substance at hand.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Rene, your words bring out so much, that I have to admit I have not seen in this p.. read more
Rene Salinas

9 Years Ago

No wories mate! Is your writing thatdoes it not my review....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

478 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 16, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014
Tags: hell, girls, love, hate, roads, fate, absolution, trails, pain, hurt, moving on

Author

Kenneth Nicholas Lowe
Kenneth Nicholas Lowe

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
Born to the Human Race, I live in the land of India for the time being with a major ancestral inclinations to the Anglican and Celtic anthropological denominations. With that being said, My day job.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Orbit Orbit

A Poem by Samuel Dickens