BEYOND FANTASY

BEYOND FANTASY

A Story by Twilight
"

I enjoyed writing this piece. Hopefully, you will enjoy reading it! Make of it, what you will.....

"

     Let me take you, to another place in time and space. Another dimension, perhaps? Here, eveything is perfect, tranquil and free from emotional trauma. Forget about your worries, at least for a little while? Everyday life can be so mundane, don't you find? At least, on occasion?

     There are gardens, woods, rivers and trees. Fountains and fields of yellow corn, which gleam in the gracious sunshine. Even waterfalls, ponds and lakes can be found here. Yet, what is this place of which I write? Eden, heaven or elsewhere? 

     In such a place of peace and harmony, those who walk in this realm, feel able to read and learn without distractions. There are still the sounds of birds singing, a gentle breeze and the flowing streams. The wind, it catches your hair and blows the leaves about. Nature's creatures frolic in abundance, amongst the human souls.

     You smile, as a magpie and kingfisher catch your eye. Just about all, are equally welcome in this kingdom of heaven. Even so, you do appreciate what this sanctuary provides. Indeed, everything which you cannot find in ordinary life. Sometimes, you wonder if such beauty has been forgotten by most of your kith and kin?

     At night, as your lie and dream, there is nothing to disturb that flow of images and thoughts. This haven reminds you of those long forgotten childhood days, when anything seemed possible! Yes, freedom was all around, and you wanted for nothing. Or, was it the case?

     The innocence of youth deprived you of some delights, as you seem to remember. But, the following afternoon, you return, yet again; to contemplate the lovely vision which surrounds. Sunlight seems to give beauty to almost all that you see, except those entitties which lie in the shade.

     It is at this moment, that you have a revelation. You lie back on the grass of a hillock, just beyond an oasis. Unlike those childhood days, you are now free to read and write whatever you please. With wisdom, you remember how neglected some great writers are, in these turbulent times of materialism and cynicism. If only H. P. Lovecraft or Clark Ashton Smith, were alive in this world, today. What would they make of it?

     Well, you know that life is only as good as you make it. And, without further procrastination, you return to your feet. It will soon be getting dark, and you have to return to the real world.  But at least, there are many consolations. And, of course, you are a member of the "Beyond Fantasy" Group, here at WritersCafe.org. 

     In this group (just as with the others), it's easy and interesting to share and read the writing of others. Sometimes, you feel like writing a review. Or commenting on the reviews of others, perhaps? Then, there are the threads, in which you like to discuss all that seems of interest in that fantastic place. Yes, the realm, which is BEYOND FANTASY! 

    

© 2009 Twilight


Author's Note

Twilight
If you like the genres of fantasy or weird fiction, feel free to join the Beyond Fantasy Group!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It has the tone of a t.v. commercial. I'm not really sure why. How ironic since it revolves around a mundane thing such as a writer's cafe group, but still, it gives the group a whole new dimension. It's like describing this wonderful group in a somehow spiritual way. A very unique piece this is. I don't know what I make of it, but I enjoined reading it, with all it's descriptions and persuasive feel to it.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow I love the way this place sounds so beautiful. Good write my friend! Thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

really great story, with many good words and sentens :)
you really gotted my attension in the first road "Let me take you, to another place in time and space."
so amazing work!
thanks for sharing.

Akina.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

811 Views
22 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 1, 2009
Last Updated on November 21, 2009

Author

Twilight
Twilight

Belper, Derbyshire, United Kingdom



About
My first name is Julian. I'm a white male, straight, English, christian, pro-life and 42 years old. Writing is just an interest to me. However, maybe I have the potential to achieve more? My favourite.. more..

Writing
Eden Now Eden Now

A Poem by Twilight



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..