Mamihlapinatapai

Mamihlapinatapai

A Poem by KevinKevz
"

Did it ever happen to you? The moment you want to scream your feelings but you just blankly stare to each other. You know it's kinda romantic drowning in the eyes of your lover.

"
Oh your beautiful eyes are staring into mine
My heart starts beating fast but I feel just fine.
I look at you as you watch me deeply thinking
The deafening silence is really overwhelming.


There are thoughts in my head that won’t reach my lips
Can’t let this chance to slip through our fingertips.
But I’m so afraid and shy to take the first move
I don’t know what to say, I don’t know how to prove.


We are not speaking, but we have the same thing in mind
Do you feel the butterflies?, I know this love is kind.
So please tell me that you want to be with me
I wish to hug you and scream that I am happy.


Now we are seeing each other eye to eye
We might hide feelings, but they will never lie. 
There are maybe thousands of words left unsaid
Together, we choose to dance in storm instead.

© 2019 KevinKevz


Author's Note

KevinKevz
Please share your thoughts about this. Thanks in advance!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can tell by the title of your poem that you are a lover of words and language- their meanings, their sounds, their melody, their complexity and significance...their importance. I share this love with you. Your description of yourself is a word that hides suffering behind a ‘happy face’. Enigmatic, The romanticism of your dramatic, lyrical verses draws the reader into the scene, into the emotion of two people standing, trembling on the precipice of love. Well done KevinKevz.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KevinKevz

5 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much Ma'am. You are truly observant. All you've mentioned was on point. You tracke.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

5 Years Ago

You are most welcome and most talented!:))



Reviews

So usually, when people use rhyme, I cringe and read with caution. As a lover of pure imagery and free verse, I wasn't exactly excited when I noticed the first few lines were rhyme-- it's really hard to do properly. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. Your words flowed very well, and the rhyme didn't seemed forced in any way. As well, the rhythm of your piece is a little more unique, and I appreciated that as well.

I can relate personally to this poem. The flirtationship that happens between two people who always have a question in their mind "will they or won't they?" You portray these thoughts well and allow the audience to think the very things going through their heads. It's a cute piece, definitely, but not immature. I can see truth to the statements and appreciate the more mature flirtationship that's going on. It's coy, but with meaning.

Finally, the title was...wow. Definitely eye-catching. I was drawn to it immediately. I have a feeling that you're a fellow logophile, and one who truly sees the hidden and many meanings in words. Thank you so much for submitting this piece, I really enjoyed the skillful technicality.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KevinKevz

4 Years Ago

Massive thanks @Nikolean. Will always be grateful to share my literary pieces to inspire others and .. read more
Very nice poem about first love. At least I think it was about falling in love. c:

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KevinKevz

5 Years Ago

Yeah. it's about loving someone. They have the same feelings for each other but no one is trying to .. read more
NotUsinganymore

5 Years Ago

Nice. Some things are left better unsaid too c:
I can tell by the title of your poem that you are a lover of words and language- their meanings, their sounds, their melody, their complexity and significance...their importance. I share this love with you. Your description of yourself is a word that hides suffering behind a ‘happy face’. Enigmatic, The romanticism of your dramatic, lyrical verses draws the reader into the scene, into the emotion of two people standing, trembling on the precipice of love. Well done KevinKevz.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KevinKevz

5 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you so much Ma'am. You are truly observant. All you've mentioned was on point. You tracke.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

5 Years Ago

You are most welcome and most talented!:))
I am dumbstruck at this.
Beautiful as it can ever be.
You are so strong and talented

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2019
Last Updated on January 14, 2019

Author

KevinKevz
KevinKevz

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
Eccedentesiast more..

Writing
In my 20s In my 20s

A Poem by KevinKevz