ACT 13 - Our Last Supper

ACT 13 - Our Last Supper

A Chapter by Kevin Sheen Tiu
"

chapter 13

"
"CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING THE CONTEST, KAZIMIR SANKT!" We all gave a round of applause to Kazimir, and the maids delivered us our food.

"I'm happy for you, my son!" Kazimir's mom said.

"You deserved it, big bro." I smiled at my brother sitting beside me.

"And also, Vera, my dear, I've got something for you." Grandma brought out a huge box covered in pink foil. It looked really interesting, like maybe a machine gun was in there or something.

"What's in it?" I asked. She just gave the box to me and and told me to open it to see what was inside.

 She winked at me. Out of excitement, I started tearing the foil away and opened the box, and OH MY GOSH!!! WHAT THE HELL?! THIS IS HEAVEN!!! "Are you serious, man?! This is the Dragunov SVD, WAAH!!!" I screamed from the bottom of my lungs with joy and hugged my new rifle; together with it was a bipod. "I'm so happy, grandma!" This Dragunov SVD originated in Russia, and is one of the best sniper rifles in the world (for me, that is). I've always wanted to get something like this.

"Do you like it?" 

"Like it? I LOVE IT! Thanks a lot!" I didn't let go of the gun. This was too good to be true! I'm so happy, finally, a new rifle appears and it's just for me FOR FREEEE!!!

"It's a birthday present from me to you, dear," she said. I stopped and thought about what she just said. 

"Huh? Pardon me?" What? My birthday? Oh yeah... Now that I recall... My birthday is in two days - April 20.

"I also customized it for you, Vera. Take a look at the handle."

"Huh?" I looked at the handle and found an engraved Russian writing and beside it was a cross. It's my name! "Woah, how did you do this, grandma?" I asked.

"Hmm, that's classified, dearest. But that cross is for faith, as in your name, right?" She winked at me.

 I blushed. I thanked her once again. This grandma is the best! I'm so happy! (>w<)

"Vera, you better take care of that, alright? If you drop any more of your guns you're not gonna get any anymore, understand?" Dad smiled at me from across. Ugh, he doesn't even know the reason why I dropped my guns in the first place!

I answered him, "Of course red horse! You know that guns are my passion! I'm all about it!" I showed my tongue and winked at dad.

"And that's why you deserve it, Vera. It's very cute how you react towards guns, especially with the ones you often use, ohohoho!" Grandma giggled. Oh shucks, I feel ashamed. I'm a Queen who acts CUTE whenever guns are involved. Yeah, sure... (-__-)

"But she's still scary as she is, though," my dad laughed. Whatever, dad! Say whatever you want, I'm not listening! Won't hear you in the balcony!

"Take care of the gun now, alright?" Grandma said. I raised my hand and promised her that I would, and I told her I loved her and said thanks again. This grandma's got some sense. Anyways, I will never let go of this gun, that's until I get a new one, alright?

After a while, we began to eat.

+---000---+


--- VERA's THOUGHTS SO FAR ---

Well, this is our last supper together as a complete family in this house. I think I might miss it, being together with my grandmother and all. Ever since the day I arrived in this huge mansion, nothing but ecstasy ever occured to me, making me feel all complicated. The front porch, the path of statues, and that mystery cottage - it all made me feel so weird, but at the same time happy. It's been a long time since I felt this way. Being together with my dad and my grandmother really changed my view of the world, and my view of myself. When I lost all of my guns during that crossing-the-rope course, I thought I was gonna go crazy. But then, grandma gave me a new set! It was truly a pleasure!

After losing the contest, I felt the pain and anguish in my heart, not being able to crush my weak enemy. The only purpose I came back to Russia was because of my grandmother's inheritance. I was too confident about winning, since I knew no one could ever beat me. I was really excited in learning who my brother was(to be honest), but after finding out that it was actually Kazimir, my first love, I never ever thought of beating the hell out of him. It felt disgusting, the way we knew we were really siblings. But the fact is, I couldn't care anymore. If only I knew from the start that he was my brother, or the fact that I had a brother and his name was Kazimir, I wouldn't have gone with him to the hotel and I never would've let him touch me. I think I hated my family for that - such an eerie tale about my dad's past. But maybe that's called returning to destiny. I can't change it.

Now that there's a winner, I hope that Kazimir would decide to just keep it all for himself. I don't think I want to get involved with this any longer, since I lost, and as everyone usually says: "The winner takes it all." Kazimir has all the rights and obligations to decide whether he  takes it all or shares a percentage with me. Honestly, I don't think I'm gonna need any of those percentages. I'm already rich, very rich. I've got people I hold dear and they love me too. 

It's a shame to have someone take your virginity and learn some time in the future that the guy was actually your brother. It feels horrible. Kazimir and I are in this incestuous relationship, and I bet all of them would freak out if they found out. I guess that situation is inevitable. I'm gonna have to entrust everything to fate. All I want is to be with Kazimir, my older brother. That is all.

"Kazimir... Please... I just want to stay with you."

--- END ---



"Okay then," grandma said as she placed her silver fork on the small bowl filled with water beside her plate, and raised her wine glass. We all waited for her announcement. We stopped eating and watched grandma at the head of the table. "The name of all my richness in Russia is entitled to you now, Kazimir." She titled her glass to Kazimir's direction. " You are to decide whether to take it all or share with Vera. Come, stand beside me, dear," she ordered.

Kazimir stood from his seat and went to grandma. The mood changed all of a sudden. Grandma stared at him, while he looked at me, and the three of us stared at the two of them. Whatever's gonna happen, let Kazimir do his thing. It's all in his hands.

"I entrust you with everything now, Kazimir, dear." Grandma patted Kazimir's shoulder, and he nodded. It's time for his decision to be brought out.

The atmosphere turned serious, and we all had to wait for Kazimir's say. He's taking time. The clock was loudly ticking, and I felt that in every tick of it my heart beated simultaneously with it. I became nervous. I was so anxious about his decision. The room was too silent, and it was filled with fear. I felt like I had to do something, like I had to say something. If this goes on any longer, I might break myself.

"K-kazimir," I stood from my seat, obviously shaking. I clenched my fists and built up the courage to say whatever I wanted to say next. "Just take it all... Kazimir. It's really for you." I tried to smile. I looked down at my feet, trembling. I think I came undone. Dad called my name, but I ignored him.

 Grandma also told me that it was Kazimir's decision, and that I didn't have to butt-in. But I just had to, so I said, "W-well, that's all I wanted to say.. He can really just have it, ya know..." I tried to stay calm.

"Hmph," I heard Kazimir chuckle. I looked up at him approaching me. He smiled at me, and I tried my best not to look at him directly to the eyes, or else they’d all suspect the way I looked at him - something filled with secrecy and desire. He took my hand and kissed it, then he pulled me towards him, bringing me to his side in front of grandma. He wrapped his arm around my waist.

"What do you think you're doing?" I whispered to him. If the family suspects something, I'm gonna put all the blame on him. 

"Grandmother, I've decided." He raised our holding hands. I looked at him, feeling panicked at all of their stares of suspicion. “Since it’s all now passed on to me...” Kazimir, don’t do this... Why the heck does there have to be a romantic scene before this big thing, huh?!

And before my eyes, he declared in front of everyone, “Vera and I shall share everything, fifty-fifty." I looked at grandma, who was not quite shocked, while my dad and his mom were quite shocked.

“I’m so proud of you! And I congratulate the two of you, dears!” Grandma clapped her hands, and the others followed.

“K-kazimir?!” I panicked when he suddenly pulled me closer to him, in front of everyone! I closed my eyes in fear and embarrassment. I swear my face was feeling hot. 

It became cold though, when Kazimir whispered to me, “Were you happy, little sis?” My eyes flew open and looked at him smirking at me. 

“What?” I questioned. I felt horrible at the sight of him laughing at my face.

He came close to my ear and whispered, “You are mine, too.”

I blushed so much that I had to pace away from him! "Good grief!" I covered my mouth.

“Alright everyone! Time for dessert,” grandma said. We went back to our seats, and the maid delivered colorful cups filled with chocolate pudding and strawberries; and jars containing strawberry smoothies. I was so amazed. I’m so glad grandma no longer used the traditional recipes, and instead used modern food recipes. 

“A toast to Kazimir and Vera!” My dad raised his jar. We also raised our jars. “CHEERS!” And we toasted.

This is the supper I may never forget in my entire life. Everything cleared up; the fog, the smog - broken threads are ones tied again, and this time, they are the red threads of destiny.

There is only one more thing to do, though...

I have to confess my relationship with Kazimir Sankt to my grandmother.


© 2018 Kevin Sheen Tiu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on May 13, 2018
Last Updated on May 13, 2018
Tags: romance, action, comedy, adventure, confession, tragedy, story, friendship, relationship, new relationship, moving on, disease, love, love story, enemy


Author

Kevin Sheen Tiu
Kevin Sheen Tiu

Philippines



About
I'm Kevin Sheen Tiu - a used-to-be passionate writer who's now stressed about college. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kevin Sheen Tiu