ACT 15 - HOUSE OF WOLFF

ACT 15 - HOUSE OF WOLFF

A Chapter by Kevin Sheen Tiu
"

LAST CHAPTER

"
--- VERA's THOUGHTS SO FAR ---

Hi! I'm Vera, a professional Russian sniper, and the heiress to my dad's company, the VK Group. 3 years ago, I met this awesome guy in Ketesse, and his name was Kazimir Sankt. I fell in love with him, and he was my first man. However, when I went to Russia to claim my inheritance, I found my long lost older brother, someone I never knew I had, and his name was Edgar. One day I learned that Edgar was just a nickname of his - he was actually Kazimir. After discovering that hideous truth, I knew that time wouldn't stop for us anymore, and my love for him would never disappear.
After having to overcome some circumstances and losing my confidence in beating the hell out of him, Kazimir won the competition, but he shared it with me fifty-fifty.
3 years later, I took over my dad's company, and changed its name to House of Wolff. I'm still working as a soldier, and of course, I am still named the Female King in the world of sniping. I'm satisfied with my job here in the Philippines, it's just that...
3 years ago, Kazimir promised me that he'd come back to me, and yet 3 years later, he still didn't visit the country, not even once.

--- END ---

"Hahh..." I looked out of the window, staring at the city lights shining bright. "No matter what happens, it's always beautiful looking down there from up here."

My office doesn't close until 10 PM, and I still got an appointment with a rich man interested in my sniping skills, and he wants me to teach him some things personally. I got a private firing range in my building, and it's located at the basement, so I guess everything would be okay with that.

I took a sip from my tea, when someone knocked on the door. "Yeah, come in." My secretary appeared and told me that my client has arrived. Another work... I stood from my seat and followed her to the ground floor.


+---000---+


"Vera Wolff, am I right?" Just looking at this guy's face was shocking me to the ribs. He offered his hand and I accepted it for a handshake.

I smiled at him. "And you're my trainee, right? Welcome to the House of Wolff. The range is located at the third basement. Shall we go?" He wrapped his arm around my waist, and then we headed to the elevator. I pressed the number and the doors closed. We became alone. I looked at him behind me and started a conversation to kill the silence. "Why are you suddenly so interested in sniping, if I may ask?" I haven't been accepting offers from anyone to be taught by me, except for this special guy. When I saw his name in my records, I was truly fascinated by how much my company received big time opportunities(of course, it included money) from him.

"It has been a long time since my last visit to the country." He came near me, wearing a grin on his face. "After seeing you in that outfit really turned me on, Vera." He lowered his head and kissed my ear. I groaned. He kissed me afterwards, holding my arms and pushed me to the corner of the elevator.

"What are you-" I tried to break away from him, but he was just too strong. "Stop it..." He was moving his hand lower, until he grabbed my skirt and yanked it.

He was about to do it to me, when the elevator doors suddenly slid open. We swiftly parted, cautioned if someone saw us. We felt like drunk idiots after seeing no one outside. We looked at each other and laughed. My heart was pounding, I thought someone was there! 

We went out of the elevator and into the room of guns. "Choose any gun you want," I said. I chose the one grandma had given me for my birthday.

"Actually, teaching me was just an excuse to meet with you, Vera," he suddenly confessed. "Hope you don't mind." I turned my back to look at him, my face was super red.

"Mind?"He's got some guts to do it. "WHAT?! AND I EVEN EXTENDED MY TIME JUST FOR YOU!" I furiously yelled at him. This was seriously pissing me off!!!

He grabbed me and kisses me again. "I just wanted to see you, Vera. I missed you," he said. And I knew he was smirking.

I pushed him away and walked outside to where the targets were. "I'm still gonna say something, though." I frowned.

He came to me and patted my head. "I'm your older brother, so I'll listen." I pushed him away from me and went out to where the targets were. Tch, pissing me off... Ugh, stop acting so hard-to-get, Vera!

+---000---+



Vera Wolff's sniping tutorial #2:

"Alright," I began to say. "First thing you should know is: Being a sniper comes with a tremendous amount of responsibility. You gotta be a soldier that possesses good decision making and a level head. Snipers need to be able to work on their own. You have to be independent, you know, so when you're not with your unit you need to be able to make sound decisions on your own without having to call up, 'What should I do here?' or 'Should I shoot this guy or what?'" Truly it's a waste if someone's just a good shooter or a natural born killer and doesn't make it to the superior offices, and that's because some people are just hot headed.

"Anyways," I continued, "Our doctrine isn't about anger or recklessness. Instead, it's a crucial combination of observation, invisibility, and controlled violence, got it?"

Kazimir nodded, "It's like being an unconventional soldier, right?"

"We have to be." I fixed the scope. "We're often the first ones to infiltrate enemy territory to collect intelligence. Sniper teams can also clear the area of anything or anyone who may threaten the outcome of the mission." I put in a long bullet inside my gun and continued to explain, "We can establish the initiative - choosing the moment and location for the fight - theoretically striking at the enemy's weakest point." I made a headshot at the farthest target, then I got another bullet and continued to shoot. "A sniper is an expert with a rifle. Surgically precise, capable of hitting a target at exactly the same place over and over again, from a distance of almost three quarters of a mile away. See?" I looked at Kazimir with a grin. He seems so surprised after I made only 5 shots.

"You got that right," he remarked.

"However... A sniper must be more than just a good shot. We must be extremely patient. As you may know, in a real world situation, snipers and their spotters spend hours, days, and weeks lying in weight. We call this stuff 'stalking'. Sometimes it takes us an entire day to move less than a few yards." I started to shoot at another target.

 "90% of a sniper's job is to collect intel; 10% is being a surgeon with bullets. The feeling is like 'everyone is counting on me to make the shot; go exactly where I want it to go everytime.' You gotta control your breathing, 'cuz everyone knows what happens when they get excited - they might start to shake, they breathe heavier, your heart rate goes up - you gotta have control over that, okay?" 

Kazimir nodded. He was just quiet. Maybe he's just scared of the way I teach or something else... 

"Sometimes you find yourself just focusing on one thing: for example the guy you just shot. There's a kind of morbid fascination where you wanna go back and look at him; and you've gotta pull yourself back from those effects of adrenaline so you're not wasting your time staring at someone who's already dead 'cuz he's not a threat anymore. So you're gonna look for a new threat, and neutralize it." I shot the second target straight to the heart, then I made 5 more shots at the same place.

"So, there you go. My work here is finished." I bowed to Kazimir whose eyes were wide open and his face was just blank. I laughed at him. "What are you doing, looking at me like that?"

He shook his head and clapped. "You're just... amazing." He came to me and held my hand and kissed it.

"Thank you," I said. I placed my rifle on the table so the staff could just clean it up later on. 

"Wanna go out for dinner?" He asked, not letting go of my hand.

"Hmm? Yeah sure, but I gotta change first 'cuz it'd be embarrassing to walk around looking like a killer, okay?" I winked, and he laughed.

We went to the elevator and back to my office.

While changing, though, Kazimir kept on interrupting me -  kissing and trying to make love to me. Great thing that I was able to escape from his touches though, hahaha. (^_^) (*u*)


+---000---+



Much to my surprise, Kazimir brought me to the most amazing place in the whole city, the place where we first met, the 35th floor of Ketesse.

"Why here?" I whispered to him as the waiters led us to our table near the window - exactly the same place where I sat years ago. I haven't been coming to this place ever since I went to Russia and came back. It felt nostalgic.

"This is our special place, since this was where we first met," he answered. I blushed.

We then settled down, and the waiters asked for our orders.

"I'd like to have Earl Grey tea, please," I said.

And of course,"Coffee, please," Kazimir followed.

This was definitely like the last time we came here. Everything was calm and quiet, the atmosphere felt like home. This was home anyways.

"I looked through my records," I began to say, "and saw that Sankt was my greatest client." I rest my hands on the table and looked at Kazimir. I have been observing the moves of my company, and everyone working in and making transactions through it.

He smirked at me as the waiter delivered us our drinks. "And so?"

"You've been the number one stockholder of the company ever since I took over, isn't that right?" I smiled, putting my head in my hand.

"Yeah?"

"And I was wondering if you could..." I blushed at the thought of what I was going to say. I stopped talking and took a sip of my tea. I felt him stare at me after not finishing my sentence. I was thinking if you could come more often to me and so and so... but that would be impossible, right?

"If I could what, Vera?"

"Nothing! Nevermind!" This is getting on my nerves! I don't want to say anything anymore! Gwaah!!!   (>_<)

He chuckled - I heard him. "What is it with you and men, Vera? You've been going out for a while."

"What? What do you mean 'with me and men'?! I never did anything!" What the heck is he thinking? He thinks I've been cheating on him just because we didn't see each other for a few years?

"So you're denying me?"

"No!" So does that also mean I cheated on him?! Oh gob, only an amateur brat would ever answer like that!

"Then what is it?"

I calmed down for a second. I breathed in and breathed out, then I began to say, "I was wondering if you could," I just had to say it, "visit me more often in my office and stuff... since there's so much I want to discuss to you about your shares and benefits." I looked at my hands on my knees, gripping my skirt. This was really embarrassing and frustrating at the same time.

"Ahaha," he giggled. What the heck made him giggle?! "If my little sister says so, then I got no choice now, do I?" I looked at him and he smiled at me. 

"Really?" It felt a little bit revitalizing. "You're always welcome to the House of Wolff, ya know," I said.

"Mhm," he nodded. Yes!!! I'm so happy, waah!!! xD "However..." Geh-?! He took my hand and looked straight at me.

 He was serious, and this made me nervous. "In exchange..."

Oh gob, no no no. "What?" I didn't expect something like this to happen.

"I want a kiss from you." 

I suddenly felt hot all over and his "feels" disgusted me to death. "A-a-a k-kiss? Ahaha... At this time of night?" I fiddled with my hair and didn't look straight at him. He was still earnest. I haven't got no choice now, do I?

Ugh I'm so scared!!! This's the first time he's ever done something like this! Gob, he's always so good at getting whatever he wants from me! It's like he's gonna kill me and devour me over and over again! He's like my rifle!

"O-ok... I'll..." I slowly moved from my seat and leaned forward to go near to his face. He closed his eyes and waited for me. My inner soul was going crazy.

*CHU!* I kissed him on the cheek instead of wherever he wanted it to be I forgot. This surprised him as much as it scared me to death. Oh damn... He didn't look satisfied. "Not on the cheek, Vera... Over here." He pointed at his lips. Great, now what am I supposed to do? 

My heart was pounding and I neared his face again. He once again closed his eyes, and waited for me to do it. 

Oh my gothic, please don't let this be the end of me!

"I... I can't..." I uttered as I receded to look at him.

He looked disappointed. Oh come on! It's not my fault! "What's the matter? Are you scared?" Of course I'm not you big bully! 

I waved my hands in front of me in denial. "N-no! That's not it! It's just that..." I had a hard time saying my problem. "The way I might kiss you won't be as good as the way you kiss me... or something like that..." This sure surprised him.

He chuckled and stroked my hair. "I don't mind," he said. "I want to know how you kiss people like me." People like you, you say? You're a badass guy, that's what you are!

I gulped and nodded. I was still filled with fear. But the pressure was exciting at the same time. Kazimir closed his eyes again and anticipated. I couldn't keep myself and inner soul from blushing and going bananas. He's driving me nuts with his charisma.

I went closer to his face; I closed my eyes and hesitated no more. *SMOOCH* I KISSED HIM! WAAH!!! (>_<)

As I slightly moved back to look at him, his expression seems to have changed. I'm glad. He licked his lips (oh my f gob, it was so sexy), and since my face was still so close to him, he also licked mine. I swiftly backed off from him and covered my mouth. "WHAT THE HECK?!" I shrieked. No way does someone lick my lips like that! Hell no! 

"Got ya." He winked and held my hand. "You're nice, Vera." How many times does he have to say that before I destroy myself?

"Hahh," I sighed and sat back to my seat. "Don't make me do this again, okay? You're embarrassing me." I opened my purse and got my Ipod. Dad happened to have texted me. He said that I shouldn't be at home for the night because he arranged a party for someone. And I'm guessing it's my mom. Today's their anniversary, so maybe it'd be better to leave those two lovers alone for a while. Nice one, dad.

The night continued with the two of us being quiet; no socializing at all. We were just enjoying our time together, our company - looking down at the wonderful city and drinking our coffee and tea. We almost had five cups each, without ordering any solid food.

I kind of wondered if he wanted to eat something. "Kazimir, wanna eat something?" He first looked blankly at me, then he nodded; so I called on some waiters and ordered a few sandwiches. When the food came though, Kazimir didn't touch anything, and this made me suspicious. "You're still not eating," I said. He looked at me, and his gaze somehow made me feel astonished. "What is it?"

He put his head in his hand and smirked. "I was wondering if we could go back to your office. I've got some unfinshed business with you." I flushed. The way he looked at me felt like he wanted to eat me instead of the sandwiches I ordered. I knew it. He's a wolf.

He stood up and took me from my seat. I didn't hesitate to go with him back to my headquarters. When he closed the door of my office, he started attacking me, chasing me around and I couldn't help have fun and laugh, until I got tired and fell on my bed in the room. He crept on top of me, touching and kissing me everywhere - it was wild! He was a wolf!

Until he did it to me again.

+---000---+

When I looked at the clock, it was already 3 AM. Ugh, it's morning again, huh?

I peaked inside the blanket, and gosh, I wasn't wearing anything. I was completely naked. I sat up and looked around the room. It was still dark; no lights were switched on. I turned to my right and saw Kazimir sitting at the edge, his back was facing me. Yup, well, he was wearing nothing too, and only the blanket covered his lower half.

"Vera, does it still hurt?" He asked me without looking back. I didn't answer; I was staring at his bold back, the question not processing in my mind. He called me again, and that's when I noticed him.

"Huh? Ah- oh, I'm OK." I went closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder. "Я так сильно скучал, Казимир,"(I missed you so much, Kazimir.) I said to him, but I was pretty sure he didn't get it. He nodded and smiled, though, and this made me a little bit happy.

He looked at me and kissed my forehead, then he said, "Vera, I love you."  I just can't make up my answer whenever he says those words. I'm not really used to saying that to someone, especially to a guy I really like. Well, I did learn how to love someone because of him. He's the first man I've ever fallen in love with. And the way I feel for him, I just couldn't explain it. It was something that felt so deep, and that feeling just wouldn't vanish. Once, when I asked my mother back then, she told me that the way I loved Kazimir was something she never even knew about or felt herself. I was serious about this kind of love. No wonder I couldn't fall for a man back then... It's because someone much more that just a commoner would make a great impact on my life, and my love.

I love my older brother. That's something I can never ever deny.


© 2018 Kevin Sheen Tiu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on May 13, 2018
Last Updated on May 13, 2018
Tags: romance, ending, relationship, LDR, long distance, love, friendship, comedy, drama, action, adventure


Author

Kevin Sheen Tiu
Kevin Sheen Tiu

Philippines



About
I'm Kevin Sheen Tiu - a used-to-be passionate writer who's now stressed about college. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kevin Sheen Tiu