Red Riding Hood

Red Riding Hood

A Chapter by Kevin Dean
"

Some people are not always what they seem.

"
Red lifts herself upon her toes and begins her ballet routine. Her beautiful red dress shines in the sun creating a mist of red through the green leaves of the trees. After a few minutes Red stops to catch her breath and heads over to the small cane picnic basket and pulls out a can of soda water. Her thirst is unquestionable as she finishes the whole can in almost one single gulp. Red uses the small red towel on the ground to wipe the sweat from her forehead and she lays down peering up at the blue sky through the tall trees. A hand is seen behind a tree in the distance and Red has no idea that she is not alone. She gets herself up, cracks her neck and readies herself to dance some more. As she begins her routine again a Man comes dancing out of the woods in front of her. She stops and looks at him. He too is dancing in a ballet routine. Red smiles at him and continues her dance soon the couple become close and the routines join as one. The Man grabs Red and they have a moment of eye to eye contact as if about to kiss but Red cartwheels herself out of his hands and straight back into her dancing. The Man seems impressed and Red begins using the low tree trunks as a balencing beam. The dance routine escalates into a tounge and cheek chase scene where the two seem very friendly with each other. Dancing is still involved as they both dash through the trees of the forest. To her amazement when she turns around the Man has vanished. Red begins searching behind trees for him infact she searches everywhere she can but cannot find him. The he reappears in the small tree above her she still has not noticed him and he quietly drops down behind her. With touch on her shoulder she turns and smiles on sight of him. He smiles back and the dancing and chasing continues. Eventually they come to a dead end in the forest that is surrounded by small bushes. Red turns around to the Man and shrugs before she can start dancing back in the opposite direction he grabs her arm. She turns and looks to him with a grin but this time he is not smiling. Red starts to panic and tries to pull away from his tight grip then to her dispare several other Men all dressed in elegant suits come out of the bushes. Red really begins to struggle now and she screams for help but the forest is so big nobody would ever hear her. She pleas with them and the Man throws her to the ground near the bushes. Red backs away from the group but they just casually walk to her. She is soon circled by them and it becomes clear that Red Riding Hood has nowhere to run. With a final loud scream the Men pounce on her like a pack of wolves and Red's screaming and pleaing echos throughout the empty dense forest.


© 2013 Kevin Dean


Author's Note

Kevin Dean
We look forward to you reading the other exciting chapters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2013
Tags: Surprise, Dark, Horror, Scary


Author

Kevin Dean
Kevin Dean

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia



About
At only 24 years old Kevin has already got four Self-Published Novels in the world wide market. Writing since the age of six has kept him busy for more than twenty years. His signature style is a comb.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kevin Dean


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kevin Dean


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kevin Dean