The Victim

The Victim

A Poem by Kezia
"

Stories are often twisted to make whoever told them an angel. Perhaps you shouldn't believe everything you're told.

"
1am and your mother would call, "where is he?", I never knew because you never told me.
The days started to grow colder and I said, "darling, if you're not going to wear your jacket, can I?", you said yes of course so long as I didn't go through your pockets. I wish I went through your pockets that day. What would I have found?
Often times you were busy but I understood because I had homework to keep up with.
Eventually somewhere along the road you decided I was too "clingy". I understood because I would call and text constantly to make sure you were okay and to see where you were in the event that your mother asked. I promised not to ask any more questions because our relationship needed trust.
You still visited for a nice make out session and whatever else you wanted, however, I didn't give it all. Sexually, I was not enough. You must have grown much more frustrated because sleeping with other girls was your new hobby, luckily, I never asked questions.
Months of being stuck with me was awful for you, it must have been agony. It was so bad for you that I became your silent punching bag and a new excuse arose on each occasion either I fell or I was simply just clumsy; and just like me no one asked questions.
Eventually I was so stressful for you that you chose drugs to zone me out or at least to put up with all the "I love you" texts that you didn't get from me exclusively.
Now me being the b***h that I am decided I needed to leave you. I didn't feel happy or safe. You cried and you told your friends how awful I was how horrific I had been to you. I broke your heart you said. Everyone knew that it was I who broke your heart. You loved me through everything and I just left. What did you do wrong? You told all of your next lovers that you were still head over heals for me because I was an angel.
But I broke your heart.
Sometimes I run into your friends, darling, they don't hesitate to tell me how awful I am. How heartless I am. As if what happened didn't destroy me.
Your new lovers will also text me because I ruined you.
Therapy didn't help. Nothing helped. My best friend stopped speaking to me because you even told her how terrible I was.
I don't know what you said to them but, darling, even I feel bad for you.

© 2015 Kezia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is agony painted in such a way that I am sure many can feel the pain of the victim. What is so amazing is how there is no hesitation for the guilt that is still felt that guilt that haunts a victim that guilt of feeling like it is all your fault they became the way that they are. That haunting guilt that clouds all judgement keeps you from asking questions. I like that the victim got away and I like that its not painted as a happily ever after because a victims life is forever changed after an experience like that so to see that painted here as well is absolutely lovely. Great job on this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kezia

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! It means a lot :)



Reviews

This is a very very deep read, it is full of so much heartbreak and hurt and emotion, so much emotion in this piece. this was a very strong and meaningful poem, that was very powerful I feel.
This was more like a true story to me or more of a vent then a poem, although I still loved it.
The best writing does come from the heart and this was straight from yours.
This guy was obviously a dick and a half, and you deserve way better. Hope you find better.
Sorry to here you went through such hell, and I hope you are doing better.
Great write :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Wow! This is just heartbreakingly brutal!

The collapse of any relationship is a torment on our soul and you have perfectly illustrated that torment in this poem.

A painful cry of anger, love and agony. Keep your head up, my friend. Stay strong. Great work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I liked this. Would love to see it a little longer with a few more details as I found myself wanting to know more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kezia

8 Years Ago

A lot of my writing links up with this story and reveals more of what happened, how it played out, a.. read more
This is agony painted in such a way that I am sure many can feel the pain of the victim. What is so amazing is how there is no hesitation for the guilt that is still felt that guilt that haunts a victim that guilt of feeling like it is all your fault they became the way that they are. That haunting guilt that clouds all judgement keeps you from asking questions. I like that the victim got away and I like that its not painted as a happily ever after because a victims life is forever changed after an experience like that so to see that painted here as well is absolutely lovely. Great job on this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kezia

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! It means a lot :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
4 Reviews
Added on December 13, 2015
Last Updated on December 13, 2015

Author

Kezia
Kezia

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
My writing will leave a lot to your imagination, I like to keep the reader wondering. Love feedback :) more..

Writing
Old Lulluby Old Lulluby

A Story by Kezia


Why? Why?

A Story by Kezia