Closing Her Eyes

Closing Her Eyes

A Story by Kezia

A demure girl sits alone in her room while her tears slid gently down her cheeks and she bites her tongue in an attempt to stop her body from gasping for air. Her hands shook and she closed her eyes tightly in an attempt to remember him. She saw in her memory a beautiful sunny day and dark brown eyes. It was as if she could hear the French speaking people in the same room as her and she smell of freshly baked bread filled her nose. The dark brown eyes got closer and she heard an English whisper, "I love you", warmth filled her body. That was the first of many times those words would be said to her by the dark brown eyes.
She opened her eyes and felt reality suffocate her. She begged that if God were real could he please take her back to that little French town. She closed her eyes again. A meadow filled with daisies and daffodils while the sun tanned her exposed shoulders on the summer day. Strong arms pulled her close and she looked into the dark brown eyes, "J'aime toi", the only French he picked up in that town they ventured to. Then she kissed the lips that were warmer than the sun and felt the butterflies in her stomach.
She knew better than to open her eyes again but she's taken to a new memory now. A snowball hit her in the arm and a laugh escaped her throat. She let her body fall into the snow as did he as they made snow angels. "I love you", he laughed as they stuck out their tongues to catch any snowflakes that may fall.
She opened her eyes and the tears continued down her cheeks. Today a new memory had been created, a phone call. She didn't need to close her eyes to recall what had just happened. For a moment she wished that he had died instead of consciously hurt her, but that is not what happened. He gave his love to others and he filled them with warmth, he gave them butterflies, he made them laugh. He said the words to them. He used what little French he knew. "I love you", she whispered but he could not hear her; he was gone.

© 2015 Kezia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for submitting this to the short story contest.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is just downright heartbreaking. The emotions were really well conveyed with this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


How come the best stories are usually the sad ones?
There's this line I came across, "anyone can die, but only few have the courage to live". Terrific write-up as always.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2015
Last Updated on December 29, 2015

Author

Kezia
Kezia

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
My writing will leave a lot to your imagination, I like to keep the reader wondering. Love feedback :) more..

Writing
Old Lulluby Old Lulluby

A Story by Kezia


Why? Why?

A Story by Kezia