Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Kristy Grissom

My god I still cant believe how beautiful she was. She was still sitting on my lap just staring into my eyes. Her face was flushed from the marking. I still couldn't believe she didn't run when I bit her, she seemed to welcome and embrace it. I could see her birthmark that was somehow intertwined in my mark which made me even more curious as to what her "birthmark" technically was but just seeing my mark on her made Zeus howl to see our wolf and name marked on her body for everyone to see. I knew I needed to wrap up our outing for today and either take her back to her apartment or to my house because it was getting dark but I knew I would never spend another night without her.


Her eyes were starting to become focused again and she still had a smile on her lips so I decided now was as good as it was going to get to find out if I had totally freaked her out. So I tilted her head up so I could look fully info her eyes.


"Are you ok?" I murmured softly stroking her cheek I was so afraid of her answer. "I am so sorry if I hurt you in any way. I know for you it must have seemed like a crazy and cruel thing for me to bite you but I had to Ivey, I swear I will never hurt you again." I told her with such sincerity I even surprised myself with how much emotions I was feeling.


I was also feeling some tugs on my link so I wondered if I had actually managed to block out the whole experience or did I let some leak out. That thought had my wolf growling he wanted what just happened to be completely private between my mate and I. He was already becoming so possessive and protective over her it amazed me. MINE!! He kept repeating, but I knew Ivey was what was most important right now so I ignored and continued to block out the tugs. She still hadn't said anything so I was beginning to worry I might have scared or hurt her.


I was searching her eyes when I noticed a tear starting to form. My heart sank, what have I done I cringed within my head. I reached up to brush away the tear. "Ivey, angel please talk to me, I am so sorry." I frantically asked her as I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close nuzzling my nose in her neck right on my mark inhaling her scent that was now mingled with mine, to trying to calm my frantic and pacing wolf. I wanted to tell her I loved her but if I had already scared her and she rejected me now telling her I loved her would only hurt that much more.


She pulled back from me and took my face in her hands and leaned in and softly placed her lips onto mine. In that one act my wolf went still and I found myself not breathing, did this mean it was ok?



"Do I now bear your mark Max?" she whispered as she tried to search my eyes for something. "I think I understand now what you meant by I only was feeling a fraction earlier." she started to calmly say as tears began to fall. Seeing her tears just about broke me I didn't know if they were happy or sad ones this was so new for me also. "Just tell me that what I feel right now is real and that I'm not dreaming because if it is a dream I don't want to wake up" she whispered so softly the only reason I heard her was because of my enhanced hearing. I knew then they were happy tears.

 

With that I crushed my lips to hers pulling her as tight and as close to me as I could and kissed her with everything I had and when I pulled back and she opened her eyes staring back at me bright with tears yet shed and I said" Yes, you have my Mark. You are mine. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and no," I smiled "This is not a dream this is real and Ivey, I love you!" I had never spoken those words to another soul before and I knew I never would again.

She smiled the biggest smile I'd ever seen and jumped up. I was confused and couldn't help the growl that escaped that time but she didn't scold me this time though by her eyes I could tell she thought about it but instead she reached down and grabbed my hand and pulled me up. 


I was still not recovered from my hard on so moving was a tad bit tricky."Well come on then."  she exclaimed "I want to see it and I can't sitting here in the forest now can I?" she smiled with a smirk her eyes and her mouth laughing. She knew I didn't give her enough credit. She had told me earlier she would accept me and everything that came with it I just couldn't believe she did. Well so far I still had to tell her about her heat and mating but at least for tonight we'd be ok. 


As we walked back toward her apartment arm in arm because me and my wolf couldn't stand much distance between us right now, I decided I better check in at home because I was going to be staying with her for right now. I thought mom and the whole pack thing might just push her over plus I needed it to be just the two of us while our bond strengthened. With her being human we weren't sure how fast it would happen. She needed some time to adjust to our bond and realize that nothing could ever break it.


So as we walked I opened up my link."Dad" 


"Yes son, are you ok?"  I could tell in his voice he was worried so I smiled


"Yes we are both ok. I told her and she was amazing dad, I marked her and she took it without even batting an eye."  I filled him in with such love I couldn't help but let it spill through. The pride I felt coming from him was amazing


" I am so happy for you son and so is your mom. Whenever she is ready we would love to meet her. Please bring her to the house. I can probably keep your mom at bay for a little while longer. "  he laughed


"Ok dad I will and thanks and Dad, you know that research we talked about, I may have some information on where to start. It's just a hunch but I'Il tell you about it in person."  and I closed that link.


 I then opened up a link for both Jared and Damien who I could tell were anxious to hear from me but I knew they were also probably having fun at the pack party right about now.


"Hey guys are you there?"  I waited for both of them and they began talking at the same time. Oh hell by there macho man tones I could tell I hadn't completely blocked them out during our "Marking" episode so I know I turned red.


Ivey was looking at me funny but she only nodded her head, I guess she realized what I was doing and just leaned her head against my shoulder so I could continue my conversation.


"Congratulations, man I'm so happy for you!"  Jared said I knew he was thrilled because he actually did know what this felt like. Him and his mate were always trying to explain it to me.


"Man I guess now all the ladies are just going to be only for me."  That of course was Damien. He was one of the few wolves that really liked the single life and didn't want a mate. 


"Max, ummm"  Jared started to but Damien tried to cut him off but Jared was to fast. "Man, umm I hate to do this to you now but we might have a little bit of a problem around here."  I immediately stopped walking. 

Ivey just looked at me. I knew my face must have changed because her brows furrowed as she watched me closely apparently our bond was already growing strong because she immediately sensed something had changed. and turned and wrapped her arms around my waist to try to comfort me. That did make me smile for a second.


"Well during your ummm....claiming, your uhh... block kinda came down a little, not a lot of people felt it but some did and unfortunately one of the girls told Lila, and she's furious!"  Jared said and I groaned. 


Tonight's party was in Lila's honor it was her birthday, she was also my dads Beta's daughter. Her father and Lila always assumed that when I took over as Alpha it naturally made sense for Lila to become my Luna. That had never been my intention nor my fathers, but Lila had it in her head that was what was going to happen. Her father and her hinted to this on a regular basis to both my dad and I. 


This could cause some problems if this situation isn't handled carefully. Especially with Ivey being human.

I growled low in my throat. "Thanks guys for telling me, don't tell Lila or her father anything about Ivey. I'm going to be staying with her for right now. Dad knows so when I come back I'll handle the situation. You guys go have some fun tonight and I'll talk you tomorrow."  I quickly closed the link.


I still can't believe Lila actually thought I would settle for someone other then my mate and honestly Lila was one of our pack s***s, she just thought because her dad was Beta she was entitled, I thought to myself. Well this is not going to be fun.


"What's wrong Max" Ivey asked as we started walking again I hadn't realized just how quickly our bond would allow her to sense my feelings and moods. I knew it would be immediate for me but I was surprised at how fast it was happening for her. We couldn't mind link until we were fully mated.


"It's nothing" I tried to assure her "Just a little problem with the pack but it's nothing to worry about tonight." I tried to sound convincing. She didn't seem to buy it but she didn't press the situation.


Just as she could sense my moods I could sense she was starting to feel insecure and I couldn't have that. Nothing was going to come between us.


Before I could say anything else her stomach growled really loudly. Oops I had forgotten we hadn't eaten at all today and our trip in the forest took us hours so I turned to her and held her chin. I kissed her briefly and said "Why don't we get some takeout and go back to your place. There is still some things I need to tell you and one more tradition I want us to do tonight."  The tradition I would complete tonight was The feeding of my mate. I was looking forward to that 

######

I was enjoying just walking with him knowing he was actually mine and I now bore his Mark. I absolutely couldn't wait to see it. I was trying to occupy myself because I knew he was mind linking with his pack but I kept getting these weird pulses. They weren't feeling very good it was like I was extremely tense and kinda pissed I didn't know why because I was actually extremely happy so when Max stopped walking and I saw his face I immediately knew those feelings weren't mine but his. Was this part of the bond he was talking about I knew I would ask him later.


All of a sudden my stomach growled. How embarrassing. I remembered I hadn't eaten since last night and I was getting really hungry. He must have heard my stomach because he stopped and turned toward me. He leaned in and kissed me. I don't think I will ever get tired of those. It took all my willpower not to wrap my arms around his neck and jump up to wrap my legs around his waist and either walk or stay that way kissing. Damn I have it bad.


He said "Why don't we get some takeout and go back to your place. There is still some things I need to tell you and one more fun tradition we can do tonight." he wiggled his eyebrows, his eyes were glinting and his smile reached his eyes. He radiated happiness.

Crap not my place, I didn't want him to see where I lived it was a crap hole and I was so embarrassed. He could sense my discomfort so once again he took my chin and kissed me and said "Ivey, angel there is nothing to be ashamed of. The apartment is only temporary now. I just want you to get use to all this before you move into my house with me."


That shocked me I hadn't even thought about us living together but then again I didn't understand fully yet this whole mate thing. But even now the thought of him being away from me for a second almost brought me to my knees so I could see why he would say that. He had told me he loved me even though I hadn't repeated it. I knew I did I just wasn't ready to say it yet so If he loved me then my apartment shouldn't scare him off. So I shrugged and said "Ok let's go." besides I really did want to see my mark.


We decided on the ever so favorite of the takeout choices Chinese. It was fun to try and decide together what to get though in the end we seemed to almost get one of everything. It seemed werewolves ate A LOT! During the walk we had been laughing and just talking. Talking about our favorite colors, music, movies, t.v., him and the boys trouble in 2nd grade and some of the silly stuff happening in his pack. To outsiders we'd have looked like every other couple out for a stroll bringing home dinner.


So as we finally made it to my apartment building with our food my nerves began to swing into a full blown panic attack. I couldn't believe I was going to let him in my crap hole apartment. I had kept myself hidden from people for so long it was really scary to think I was finally letting someone in, but that someone was Max so why was I freaking out? I wondered. Just walking down the hallway to my door his clothes would get so dirty he'd have to toss them. What was I thinking. He had money and I didn't we were complete opposites. I knew I was just making excuses, I was honestly really scared. It was strange because I knew I love Max, and he had marked me so according to what he said I was it for him, but I had never opened up to anyone and I was so scared when I finally did he would think I was just to damaged and he needed someone undamaged to be his Luna and his mate.


I could feel Max watching me. He didn't speak as he rubbed circles with his hand along the small of my back, he was going to let me work this out my own. Though he seemed to know just what to do to calm some of my nerves. It's was crazy how already we seemed to know just what the other wanted, felt or needed. I stood there staring at the door to the building but I just couldn't force my legs to move. 


Max was sensing what I was doing to myself so he grabbed both of my arms and turned my to face him as he leaned down and moved one hand so he could tilt my head up. He was smiling at me. He took my chin and lifted my head so I was staring into his eyes when he softly spoke "Ivey, angel, why are you scared? It's just your apartment, I promise I'm not going to force myself on you. This is just dinner, talking and sleep. Being here is temporary." he said with finality then he smirked  "Besides, I want you all to myself before I feed you to the wolves!" his eyes were twinkling as he let out a throaty laugh. 


That did it, I had to laugh; he's right this defiantly couldn't be as scary as going to meet his parents or pack so if I couldn't do this then we were in big trouble. So I nodded my head and took out my keys. He took the keys from me and took my hand to lead me into my building to my apartment. I hoped he knew what he was asking for.  


We made it into my apartment no problem but as soon as we got inside my heart began to beat really fast and I couldn't catch my breath. This was my bubble, I had never let anyone see it. I didn't have a lot and nothing was fancy, everything was second hand It had been all I could afford but I was proud of that fact that everything in here I had gotten on my own. Deep down I knew Max would think of it like that and be proud. For some reason I knew he would never look down on me for having less than he because the apartment was an extension of me. That still didn't keep the fear out. 

I led him into my living room/bedroom (I lived in a studio so it was technically one big room, but I had gotten some screens and broken up the space into a kitchen, dinning room and then living/bed room) we sat down on my couch (this folded out into my bed). I had spent hours to reupholstering it when I had gotten it from goodwill. I loved the result. It was a cheery rose color and it was really fluffy you just sank into it when you sat down. It was perfect for watching t.v. which is what I usually spent my time doing when I wasn't working. 


We started laying out all our food on the cocktail table. When it was all laid out I couldn't believe the amount of food we'd gotten. This could have fed me for a month I thought and shook my head. Damn, we were so different. Well let me go get us some drinks and get this over with I surmised to myself.


The faster we ate the sooner we talked and then I could figured out what I was going to do with the situation I had gotten myself into. Part of me hoped this dream really did work out. But most of me knew eventually he was going to leave me everyone left I would just have to accept that going in and hoped when it happened I would survive.

######

As soon as we walked in the door I was hit by the overwhelming scent that permeated the whole room. Ivey's scent. My wolf was purring, he was totally in heaven being in her domain. As I shut the front door behind us I noticed there were 4 major locks on her door. I wondered why she needed all them. It only took about ten minutes before her neighbors started fighting. Oh my god this is what my angels been living in. I felt myself cringe. I wanted to cry for her. I'll never let her go through anything like this again, she would never want for anything ever again she would only have the best. I proclaimed to myself and Zeus readily agreed.


After getting over the initial shock my wolf had been taking in our surroundings and he was furious he wanted out to protect our mate. I had to fight him very hard that Ivey wasn't ready to meet him yet and we didn't want her more scared. He like to keep reminding me that she'd already met him durng her dream. to me that wasn't the same thing, she was dreaming. i did not need her to walk away before things even truly begun. Zeus snarled at my reasoning, he understood but that didn't mean he liked it.

I was still watching Ivey as we sat down on her couch and began putting out the food. My chest swelled with pride as I started to really take in my surroundings. Even though you could tell nothing was new she had worked really hard and had actually turned this crap hole into a sanctuary. I was so proud of her, my wolf was proud but he wasn't settled enough to really appreciate what it took to accomplish making this a home.  


As I continued to lay out our food Ivey went to get our drinks. I could see she was talking to herself. I didn't need our bond for that. Her facial expressions were changing every few seconds, but I did have our bond so even though we couldn't mind link yet I could feel every feeling she had and it broke my heart. She was still doubting our bond. She actually expected me to leave her. I needed her to tell me what happened to her for her to have such a lack of faith that she was worth anything. But I knew I couldn't push her into that but I would push her into acknowledging our bond and showing her how much I loved her. 

I was going to start by first sharing our feeding tradition. This was one of the most romantic I thought. In the werewolf culture it was one of the traditions the she-wolf looked forward to the most. It was utterly romantic and I couldn't wait. Now how to get Ms. Independent over there to let me feed her I chuckled to myself.

######

I had a lot going on in my head, my thoughts flickered to Max as I sat down on the couch and set our drinks on the table. I had been watching Max and for one his eyes kept flickering from blue to onyx so I knew his wolf and him were having some kind of argument. But this weird bond thing was allowing me to feel all these strange emotions I knew weren't mine. It was kinda neat in a feeling kinda possessed way but I was learning to accept and enjoy being able to know what Max was feeling. It was almost as good as knowing what he was thinking. I didn't think that was possible since I'm human so I didn't ask.


Well I wonder if we were ever going to eat or did we just get this food to stare at. I guess with everything that had been happening I had completely forgotten about my mark the thought popped into my head.. "Oh S**t" I shouted and jumped up and ran to the bathroom.


From the bathroom I heard Max laughing I guess he figured out what I was doing. So I ignored him and began yanking my shirt off, I hopped up on the counter putting my feet into the sink and tilting my head in different directions so I could get the best view. I was so focused I didn't even sense Max come up until I heard him say. "It's so beautiful" I was only in my bra so his abrubt entry caused me to jump. I was still self conscious. He'd scared the crap out of me so I screamed out loud as I tried to cover my chest with my hands turning bright red in the process. Max just chuckled at modesty. He was smiling and his eyes looked mischievous as he stalked toward me, like the true preditor he was.


"Ivey, angel, there's no need to be embarrassed about not having a shirt on, I happen to like this view." I turned an even brighter red, this was so not the reason for being in here. He didn't give me a chance to retort before he put his arms around me placing his huge hands across my stomach and put his chin in the crook of my neck and placed a kiss in the curve where my mark was. God his hands and arms felt so good, that warmth and tingling was back only stronger than before. As soon as his lips touch me I moaned. I couldn't help it. His lips just felt that good. So he took the opportunity to gently suck and tickle my mark with his tongue. I felt my insides turn to jelly and my inner hussy tried to come out to play. God he can drive me crazy just by kissing me. He abruptly stopped and looked up straight into the mirror he was smirking like he knew what I was just thinking. Oh this could get really embarrassing I thought to myself. He gently tilted my head into a direction where I could see my mark in the mirror. 


"Oh my god" I thought I was speechless. Somehow intertwined in my crescent moon birthmark was a shape of a midnight black wolf and underneath was the lettering Maddox Coleman and underneath it said Silver Lake I smiled so big my cheeks hurt and I felt my eyes fill with tears, as I continued to stare at the mark. Maddox I loved the way that sounded even more then Max. My mark was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and it was on my body and it was never going to come off. Everyone would know I was Maddox's. Take that Lila, I surprised myself with that thought. 


I completely forgot about modesty and turned myself around and flung my arms around Max's neck and wrapped my legs around his waist. I felt his hands reach around and cup my a*s. At this moment though I didn't care about the inappropriate touch. I just stared at Max's eyes for a minute before I crushed myself to him seeking his lips with mine. I wanted him to feel how happy I was. I guess I thought if my body was pressed against his maybe he could feel what I was feeling better. Yeah it was a pretty lame excuse but I didn't care. I felt Max walk us back into the living room and sat us down on the couch this causing me to straddle him. Oh my I liked the way this felt way to much I was not ready for this as I began to panic. What happened earlier was not me and I could not let it happen again. Max must have sensed my change so he pulled back from my lips and then kissed his mark one last time.


"Go! grab your shirt so we can eat, if not I can't promise to be a good boy for long, you look to tempting like that, angel." he laughed huskily his voice was filled with lust and smacked my butt. "Hurry up though because I'm starved." 


I giggled and threw him a glare with a raised eyebrow but I jumped off him and ran to the bathroom stealing another peak at my mark. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at it.


"Ivey" Max yelled 


Oops! I thought, guess I was being slow. So I ran to the couch so Max and I could finally eat I was starved.

######

I was so happy at her reaction to my MARK. It was one of those ego things men have like haha mines bigger then yours type thing. Well MY MARK was on Ivey and no one else's could be. Yeah childish I know but I didn't care I was just so happy I couldn't wipe this goofy grin off my face. Though it was kinda funny Ivey was wearing the same goofy grin also so it couldn't be a bad thing.


Ok enough messing around I scolded myself. It's time to feed your mate, now... How to get her to let me. Well maybe I should just come out and ask her and then tell her why. It worked well before. So that's what I did.

"Ivey, angel, can I ask you to let me do something even though it will sound childish?" I asked sounding like a kid myself. But damn I could stop these goofy feeling.

"Um..sure I guess." 


"Well, can I feed you?" I asked and sat silently waiting not looking at her for her reply. I almost couldn't stand it. I was like a kid on christmas morning who was waiting for their parents so they could see what Santa had brought.


"Umm... Why I am an adult and I do know how to feed myself." she laughed with a look that made me laugh to. Almost like she thought I didn't know that.


"No angel" I chuckled and shook my head." It's a tradition we have called Feeding of the Mate. This is where the male wolf actually feeds the female. It symbolizes that the male will provide for his mate." I had so much pride flowing in me knowing I was going to be able to share this with Ivey.


She sat there for a moment her eyes big and round as she digested what I asked I think she was still having problems believing I still wasn't going to walk out on her. After a few tense minutes she finally squeaked out a yes.


I didn't waste any time filling up a plate with the items she chose and then I turned and faced her on the couch. My heart was beating so fast. This was going to solidify the caretaker role in the mating process.

She nodded that she was ready so I began to slowly feed her and when she was thirsty I gave her a drink. Repeating this until the entire meal was finished. The tradition extends from the first to the last bite.


When she was finished I'm sure I looked like a fool, my cheeks were sore from smiling so wide. I grabbed her and pulled her across the couch into my lap so I could wrap my arms around her and nuzzled into her neck and kiss her mark while I was taking in her scent. Zeus was howling loudly; filled with pride and happiness at completing the ritual.


"Thank you Ivey for sharing that with me. I love you." I murmured into her neck. She sighed and nodded and curled herself down into my chest more wrapping her arms around my waist. 


 I'm not sure how long we sat there enjoying the peace with one another before I noticed Ivey starting to yawn. So I picked her up and placed her onto the couch so I could clean up. She started pouting and tried to grab my arm to pull me back down.


I finally got the trash and our leftovers put up while Ivey got the bed ready. We were both extremely tired. I knew we had much more to talk about but ruby now I just wanted to hold my angel and fall asleep. As soon as she was in bed I made sure all the locks were flipped and lights were off before I stripped out of my clothes down to my boxers. I slipped into the bed and pulled Ivey back into my chest. I felt her sigh deeply as I kissed the back of her neck. Soon I heard her breathing even out and I knew she was asleep. I kissed her once more before I settled into the pillows and let sleep take me over.



© 2016 Kristy Grissom


Author's Note

Kristy Grissom
If I miss any grammarical errors please don't hesitate to point it out. I will try to update regularly. this is Book 1 of a trilogy so I really want honest opinions and any ideas you think could make the story better. all critism is definitely appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on August 8, 2016
Last Updated on August 8, 2016
Tags: supernatural, werewolves, vampire, mates, war, death, power, alpha goddess