Lameria: Decision of Fate

Lameria: Decision of Fate

A Chapter by Khance
"

I really need to think of better titles and apologies for shortened chapters.

"

Sligg jumped from his horse before it skidded to a halt on the dry cobbles. Drawing both swords he screamed into the crowd. “Where is he?!”
Nobody in the crowd volunteered to answer, so the bleeding man pulled a small girl by the hair and dragged her out to the rubble left by the inn. The girl’s father ran forward but the blade against his neck stopped him from acting. Sligg turned his attention towards the restrained father and repeated himself, “Where is he?!”
The man looked towards his daughter before he replied, “He ran back inside the Inn! Let my daughter go!”
The bandits looked towards the Inn uneasily, expecting their leader to send them in.
Sligg turned his eyes away from the burning building to stare at the man, “Do you honestly expect me to believe that? You want us all to charge in there and get ourselves killed? … I honestly thought you would value your daughters life more than that!”
Sligg drew a hunting blade from his side pocket and held it against the young girl’s neck. He smiled as she whimpered against his grip. “Are you going to re-consider your answer, or is the girl going to have to learn how to live without her head?”
The man was openly crying and struggling against the bandits restraint as he looked at his daughter. “I’m telling you, he ran back inside the Inn… please don’t harm her, kill me instead!”
Sligg turned the blade of his knife as he looked at the Inn one more time in confusion. The bandits stood at each side of the streets, keeping watch for anyone that made an attempt to attack. The Mage enforcers would be arriving soon, and none of the bandits wanted to be there for that.



© 2008 Khance


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on August 21, 2008
Last Updated on August 21, 2008


Author

Khance
Khance

Dundalk, Ireland



About
People are reassured when they think you know what you're doing... Being honest, I make all of this up as I go along... When somebody complains, then i might stop :D more..

Writing
Altitude Altitude

A Chapter by Khance