First Mage

First Mage

A Chapter by Khance
"

She's cute... not my fault

"

Travesty bowed his head as a mark of respect as the Princess took her leave. Dalia nodded in return, however as she passed him something sent a shiver down her spine. Continuing her step, she left the room and allowed herself a breath in the hallway once the door behind her closed. Making her way to the courtyard, Dalia started to think, why did she recognise his face?

 

“Next!” Travesty called out as a young man got to his feet and made his way to the door. The interview process was time consuming; each person that took a seat seemed to grow more and more nervous being in the presence of the King. The door opened slowly this time, and a slender girl slid through the gap gracefully before closing it behind her. Travesty raised an eyebrow at the action and tilted his head slightly to the side, but the King just chuckled. Julian consulted the paper in front of him, “I’m sorry Miss, but I called for C. Burl?”

 

The girl jumped slightly at the sound of the voice and tried to speak, yet nervousness caught her throat and only a high pitched squeak came out. Julian groaned and got to his feet, picking up the paper in front of him he walked to the door and opened it. Dozens of men stood outside the door, each one waiting to be interviewed. Julian raised his voice as he looked at the page in front of him, “Is there a C. Burl?”

 

“Here!” a voice sounded. Travesty paused for a moment and apologised to the men waiting outside for the confusion, he then turned to face the girl waiting in the chair who held her hand in the air. Julian sighed and looked at her as he returned to his seat. “So, you’re C. Burl? I’m sorry, but this can’t be right...we’re looking for a Mage, a battle Mage... You’re a girl.”

 

The girl smiled and nodded her head slowly, “Cecie!” King Anthon looked over toward Julian who was just dumbfounded. Travesty took out a quill and started adding up numbers again, “It’s not possible. She’s the highest ranked member of the Mages Guild?!”

 

Cecie smiled at Julian and tilted her head to imitate his previous actions. King Anthon was looking at her closely, “Young lady, are you the mason’s daughter?” Julian turned to look at the King in shock, “You know everyone in this city?” Anthon smiled lightly, “It’s my job to know everyone...and it’s written on the report.”

 

Cecie however frowned at the question; she fumbled with her hands for a moment before she rested them on her knees. She took a small breath, looked at the king and nodded once in affirmation. Julian was frowning, “Even if I make an exception for her gender... she seems unable to communicate with us. There is no way she can be a crew member.” Taking out the quill, Travesty started to write down a few words on the piece of paper, however it began to levitate out of his hand. Anthon shoved his chair backward in an attempt to keep away from the quill. Julian looked at it in confusion, not understanding what was happening. All of a sudden the quill hit the paper and started to write furiously.

 

I’m very sorry for my voice; I’m still not very good at pronouncing this language. I hope you will give me a chance to prove my value. I wish to become a Sky Pirate. Cecie :D

 

Julian looked up from the levitating quill to see the smiling face of the young woman. Just as he was about to speak, he was interrupted by a melodious voice. “P...Please?”

 

Travesty looked towards the King; however the King had turned his head away and avoided eye contact deliberately. Julian threw the piece of paper down in front of him and sighed with a smile, “Accepted!”

 

Turning to make a comment to the King, Julian saw a look of shock on the old man’s face. As he turned to see what caused the surprise, he was barrelled into by the girl as she dove over the table. Before the Sky Pirate knew what was happening, he was caught in a tight embrace. Laughing out loud for the first time in a long while, Julian embraced the girl back and crossed another name off the list in the back of his head.



© 2009 Khance


Author's Note

Khance
She's going to kill me for this protrayal :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I LOVE THIS! (and not only because I'm in it.) The storyline is incredible, the world which you created is very real, and each chapter leaves me even more hungry. I love Julian's character, as well as King Anthon's.

It's such an honor being a character in one of your amazing works. Thank you, and please keep writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


She can move things?! That's beyond cool! Haha now I understand what you meant about making my character just as cool...

Question: Are you Julian? I'm not sure, and I am extremly curious!

Again, another really good chapter!!

Always,
-Aurelia

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2009


Author

Khance
Khance

Dundalk, Ireland



About
People are reassured when they think you know what you're doing... Being honest, I make all of this up as I go along... When somebody complains, then i might stop :D more..

Writing
Altitude Altitude

A Chapter by Khance



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Revenge? Revenge?

A Chapter by Khance


Race to Heaven Race to Heaven

A Story by Khance


Shiroz: Dawning Shiroz: Dawning

A Chapter by Khance