Forgotten Family

Forgotten Family

A Chapter by Khance
"

Written in 20 minutes as i was waiting for a bus.

"

Watching the young woman wave as she left the room, Julian smiled, everything was finally coming together. King Anthon smiled lightly as he shuffled with the papers in front of him, waiting for the next person to walk into the room. Travesty looked again towards the door and raised his voice, “Next!”

 

A slender built man walked into the room, he seemed confident enough. That was until he saw that the King was conducting the interview. All of a sudden, the young mage was stammering his name and trying to look everywhere but the two men. “Relax, my friend... we just want to ask you a few questions.” Travesty said as he got to his feet. Suddenly Julian’s hands came back down to slam into the table. Anthon looked around in alarm to see the Sky Pirate leaning heavily against the table, his breathing laboured, but a weak smile still on his face. “What happened?” The King asked as he glanced to the young man sitting in the chair.

 

Travesty slowly raised himself off the table, his smile getting wider as he did so. Looking back to the man they were to interview, he grinned. “Well, I’m very sorry, but I believe your prospective position has just been filled. Thank you for coming in.”

 

King Anthon looked to Travesty as though he were mad, “What’s going on?!” As the young man gladly left, Julian turned to face the King; his face was lit up in excitement. Taking off his shirt, Julian turned around to bear his shoulders. Anthon gasped at what he saw. The scar that had previously stretched from the base of his neck down to the waist was now only a faded line. The main thing that caught the eye was a patch of skin that was normal toned that covered the mid-centre part of the scar. Anthon looked up to see Julian grinning over his shoulder, “I can move without pain!”

 

The King looked confused, “How could this have happened?” Julian however was back to writing little notes on the tiny sheets of paper in front of him. “Is there a point on my back that looks as though it’s healed more than the rest of it?” Julian asked as he started drawing lines on the parchment. Anthon was confused and put a hand to his head before he answered, “Yes... Yes, I think so, near the centre.”

 

“Julian, could you explain to me what is going on here?!” Anthon said in an exasperated tone. Travesty whirled around, “You mean you haven’t realised it yet? That girl, Cecie... she gave me an embrace and unconsciously healed me! Imagine what the girl could do if she tried.” Anthon snorted, “That’s impossible, the white monks have to train for years to acquire such a level of power. She cannot be able to harness such power at her age, regardless of her talent!”

 

Julian looked up for a moment, “All I know is that my back is healed! That’s good enough for me.” King Anthon looked back to the list in front of him, “Do you really intend on recruiting any of these people?” Travesty glanced at the list of jailed prisoners and smirked, “Well, yes in a way. There is a person I know solely by reputation alone that I wish to recruit to our cause. He has some abilities that Sky Pirates such as me would need.” Anthon froze, “You used plural, are you not the only Sky Pirate in existence?”

 

Travesty smiled, “Oh no, I intend to at least have two more Sky Pirates on my ship before we leave!” You’ve probably already met one of them. “That’s preposterous! The only descendants that we know of are the Mirellas and they’re without a son. The Lysanths died out a long time ago; Blaques hung up the mantle of Sky Pirates and retired to a quieter life style.” Travesty thought for a moment, “Firstly, the girl is technically a Sky Pirate by hereditary right. Secondly, you forgot a family.”

 

King Anthon slammed his fist down on the table, causing many of the lists and papers to fall to the floor. “If you dare speak of that other family, you are betraying your history. They have been disgraced of all titles and should be removed completely from any documented histories we possess!”

 

Travesty smiled, “I’ll need to use the family talents if we’re going to survive against Dragons.”

 

Anthon stared at the Sky Pirate, “You’re a dead man if a Khance sets foot on your ship.”

 

Travesty laughed, “Quite the opposite my friend, quite the opposite.”



© 2009 Khance


Author's Note

Khance
Its story content i want bashed, not presentation persay :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again, love this. Wasn't confusing at all. Ooh, I like how powerful Cecie is . . . -laughs- Julian must be happy to be healed. I'm enjoying this so much and I cannot wait for more. GO KHANCE! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Everything was great! Although during the part where the new man comes in and Travesty acts all funny, I was very much confused like the king. I thought at first he was the one who held Travesty but then Travesty says it was the girl, Cecie. So you lost me there...I don't know if that was supposed to happen. If it was then great! If it wasn't, add more detail and I'm sure it'll be fine. :]

Can't wait for the next one!!!

Always,
-Aurelia ♥

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2009


Author

Khance
Khance

Dundalk, Ireland



About
People are reassured when they think you know what you're doing... Being honest, I make all of this up as I go along... When somebody complains, then i might stop :D more..

Writing
Altitude Altitude

A Chapter by Khance



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Race to Heaven Race to Heaven

A Story by Khance


Revenge? Revenge?

A Chapter by Khance


First Mage First Mage

A Chapter by Khance