WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

A Story by Khyati

‘I believe in miracles, and God is the best one happened to me ever.’
“Go, clean  the  small  temple in  our house.”  My dad said,  and I was  off  at once!  First I took out all the idols of the Almighty and kept them on a glass table. They had gathered a bit of dust on them, but that didn't decrease  their   purity even  by a single  fraction.  Then, I started brushing off that dirt from  the sculptures  with a clean  cloth,  one by one. I took up the smiling  diminutive  statue of Lord   Shiva  and started wiping it,  while I was lost in  my thoughts.  Not a single good occurrence had taken place that  day. I  felt like   I had  been given the gift of life which magnetized to it the curse of  suffering  and  agony like a magnet attracted iron.  The negativity of the curse had grown  so  powerful  that  the  gratefulness   and desire of life had lost before  it.
 A tear spun down my cheek and landed on Lord Shiva’s statue. I was   unconscious of it’s happening and so I continued to rub the cloth against  it. The swampy tear was enough to polish the  statue further and give a  better sparkle to it. Lord Shiva saw my tears, felt them but  didn't vanish   the smile on his face. He was smiling, looking at me cry. I worked my way  through  the rest of the  sculptures and soon, all the idols were dirt-free.   I placed them back and arranged to get them somewhat in the same  positions as they  were before.

‘Why me? What wrong had I committed? Or was my true commitment  the wrong? Why do I need to suffer? My God, The Father of the World,  don't you love me? If you did, why are you making me suffer the unbearable  helplessness with life!  This way  I would  turn  insensitive  forever!’ thought  I.
 I wanted  to  be near  the spiritual  patch  devoted  to the Gods.  I felt like some  energies  which exists at that place, would come to me and  fill me with everlasting  strength!  So, I took my  book and went to the temple to read it in the  presence of the Almighty. The name of the book was      ‘101 quotes to  live life with happiness.'  Happiness, the word itself made me elated. I   wanted  my every  cell  to  absorb  the  meaning  of  the  word  and  trap  it  in my heart so  that  it  can  never  let  go  of  me.  After all, I had been soaked in distress for  quite  a  while  now.   I tried to read but I could not as I was  worried about  the  fuss  in  my  life.  I conversed with God, that day.“Why! Why  Lord?  Why do  I  see  everyone  smiling  but  myself,  feel  sad?”  I looked at all  the statues  hoping  that  at least  one out  of  them  would come  to life  and  convey the  much needed  love and understanding.  None did what I  wished for.
 I  stared them with wet eyes and all of them smiled back at me. I knew I  would not  get any  respond,  so to distract  myself,  I continued reading.  The next quote I read was ‘Smile is not always  happiness.'
 It took me less  than a second to  turn my  head towards  the idols.    For a moment, I felt like they were answering  my question.  But then, I thought it might be a coincident and   wanted to  try it once  again.  ‘Was  God really talking to me?’ I wondered

“Why only I have to suffer?”
The next quote said ‘Everyone suffers. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let  them take that from you.’

My eyes were trapped in tears again.

“I know you are talking to me Lord.” I whispered.

I started asking God various questions, and reading the quotes. It appeared as if we were weaving a conversation, which helped answer my questions  well.

“Why do i have to suffer at all?”

‘Suffering is a teacher. It unites one with oneself. ’

“But, these sufferings are too much for me!”

‘The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.’

“How do i overcome the sufferings?”

‘Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming any  misfortune.’

“ Just acceptance? Is nothing else needed?”

‘Overcoming can be achieved by seeing the bigger picture and living for a  brighter day. ’

“ I am losing my strength because of these problems. I can’t concentrate  on the achievements that I need to conquer”

‘Being aware of your problem is smart. Overcoming it is itself the mark of a great achievement and a  successful person.’

“ I feel lonely. No one helps me to vanquish all this!” ‘When no one is with you, God is with you.’

I had got all the answers to my questions, I didn't pursue the conversation anymore. I stood up. Inside of me was born a stronger person. The me  who was bolder, better and clearer towards life and it’s ways.

“God, today, you have given me a new outlook to life. Nothing can be  greater than your presence. You exist in this world, my Lord. I know.  You created me and now, you fulfill my desire of  support. What does a  human need  but  you,  my  Lord!  You  are  Eternity.  You are  strength.   You are everything! I will practice what you preached to me today.” 

And with this statement, I read the last quote which said - 
“Life is like a  game of chess.  To win you have to really make a move.
Knowing which  move to make,  comes with the in sight  and knowledge , and by learning the  lessons  that  are  accumulated  along  the  way. And, you have a long way to go.”   

© 2014 Khyati


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review


“Life is like a game of chess. To win you have to really make a move.
Knowing which move to make, comes with the in sight and knowledge , and by learning the lessons that are accumulated along the way. And, you have a long way to go.”
beautifully written .......

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much. You have given me the first ever comment on WritersCafe, therefore, a bigger and a m.. read more



Reviews


“Life is like a game of chess. To win you have to really make a move.
Knowing which move to make, comes with the in sight and knowledge , and by learning the lessons that are accumulated along the way. And, you have a long way to go.”
beautifully written .......

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much. You have given me the first ever comment on WritersCafe, therefore, a bigger and a m.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
1 Review
Added on June 25, 2014
Last Updated on June 25, 2014

Author

Khyati
Khyati

India



About
An aspiring writer. more..

Writing