My encounter with The Goddess of English

My encounter with The Goddess of English

A Story by Khyati
"

Writing PERSONIFIED ;)

"

"I'm leaving you!" I told Writing. He just stared at me with his innocent eyes and expressionless tiny face. "I'm leaving you, I said!" I screamed and Writing just softly blinked while looking at me with his tilted head, and the same second, I could feel a hand on my shoulder. "Why are you doing that?" asked a lady with a glittery sparkle in her voice; a sparkle picked freshly from the top waters of the ocean; a sparkle that brought along with itself the calmness of the seas. The voice soon showed me it's face as I saw The Goddess of English coming before my eyes.

"You ask me why! Oh, look at him!" I harshly spoke and we both glanced upon the tiny figure in front of us. "Look at the effort I've dressed him up with. I have decorated him with everything I had! However, no one seems to like him! He gives me no returns!" I ranted. The Goddess of English gave a silent smile as if she had overlooked all his flaws and had become the beholder of the beauty lost in him. "It's like a parent expecting too much from her child." Goddess said "Observe him. He is over decorated and so has lost his charm." Her voice had the brilliance to enlighten; a light so Supreme resided between her words that it had the only task to guide the one off track. "You provide it with the best of your words but you forget to feel, care or love him anymore. See his superficially shinning face and now have a look at his eyes; the eyes which reflect his soul and those which have no glow left in themselves." I looked at Writing for verification. He was just standing there blinking at me. He was itchy with all the designs that ran over his face and arms. He was suffocated with the heavy outfit and accessories put over him with the intention of beautifying him. However, he stood there motionless, watching his owner with hopeful eyes.

"This is not even the real him. He's hidden under all the decorative stuff. Maybe, that's why no one likes him." I unconsciously spoke. Goddess grinned at me "You are not the only one who desires to own Writing and to become a writer." she said and with an elegant movement of her fore-finger she made me view some visions of the people who wanted to grab Writing. They had surrounded him and were trying to catch him but their hands were still a few centimeters away. They were just like a thirsty dessert resident walking from one mirage to another, who knows that he won't be able to drink water this time even but will try just once more. "And Writing still doesn't run away from you." The chiming voice of Goddess spoke.

I stood there with my worry evident as my expressions. "My child!" I screamed my lungs out and ran towards Writing before it would be too late. Another mystic spell chanted by Goddess stilled me. "But, do you deserve him?" Goddess questioned.

I was stuck. My body wasn't obeying me. I wanted to move and wished to sprint towards Writing before someone could take him. Even the greatest amount of my will couldn't help me move. I just couldn't bear it! Writing was my only reason to survive and I had been so ruthless with him. I thought I could lose him any time! "Don't worry! You still deserve him as you loved him once." Goddess said. She broke the dreadful visions with her finger as she completed. I was a bit relieved but my child was still not with me. He was still looking at his parent with hopeful eyes. He still bore those harmful designs over himself for me. My longing for him was so powerful that even the mighty powers of Goddess couldn't stop my tears. They dropped off my eyes speaking for me what I couldn't "I still do love him!"

Goddess was astonished as she saw my teardrops break her spell. Not before long, she gave me an endearing smile. I felt an electric push in all my muscles and now I could move. I ran to Writing and hugged him as hard as I would have if we would have been apart for a million decades. I was revived! I rubbed off the paint on his face with my sleeves and directed towards him  an abundance of care he had been deprived of all this while."My child!" I softly whispered, with wet eyes and I wrapped him in my arms again. He lifted his hands to hug me back and for the first time his inexpressive lips had curved into a smile. Goddess watched us while her task was done, she believed.

"Blessings for you." I heard her say. She turned into glowing specks of glitter as Writing saw her. The glow that Goddess had mentioned about earlier could now be seen in his eyes as they reflected the glitter Goddess had turned into. She got dissolved into the air slowly while Writing remained in my protective cover.

I knew now that I would never harm him again and would always seek for forgiveness for what I had made him go through, and my heart said that Goddess would always be present in the air around me, giving me life as I let her go and live in me.

She had made everything tight and I could have never been more thankful.

© 2014 Khyati


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, I think that it should be 'The Lady of English' as you have chosen to make her a 'she'.
The Queen will have your head. hehe

The story is so good but again, you have to work on the formatting. I envy you because I did not think of this first. Something I would have loved to write. The simplicity of this piece is serene. Although, I think with a few serious revisions you can refine it even more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Khyati

9 Years Ago

lol Okay! ^_^ But I am sorry I still don't know how to recheck it., Please do it for me? Just for on.. read more
Khyati

9 Years Ago

The Lord part I understand ^_^ Thanks :)
Stonz P.

9 Years Ago

Ok. Inbox.
Great job, I really enjoyed this one the best! You write with a lot of passion and meaning, which is always nice to see and your stories are more real literature, dripping with meanings outside a regular story! Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much! ^_^ You encouraged me a lot.
nice ending, kept me hooked. keep writing, my friend!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thnaks! ^_^ Do I need to shorten it?
Surya pradha

9 Years Ago

nah, it's fine...
Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thank you.
This was different and interesting I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

thank you ^_^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 19, 2014

Author

Khyati
Khyati

India



About
An aspiring writer. more..

Writing