A night to think about

A night to think about

A Chapter by Khyrro
"

.......

"
Dinner was good as usual. Grandpa for some reason had made it especially good. I suppose it was to cheer me up. 
"Grandpa can I camp outside tonight?" I asked hopping he would find pity and say yes.
"Sure, just be careful of those wolves" He said with a slight edge to his voice that made it quiver like a the leaves on the trees. 
"Thanks!" I grinned dashing out of the house with my pocket knife at hand. I was determined to finish that carving.
My small hands searched out the familiar smooth feel of the wood. Worrisome grew onto my face as my fingers touched only the cool air of night. "Oh please be here" I cried in a soft voice. Getting desperate I stuck my whole head in the hollow. Nothing. "No" I cried once more, no one but the call of the whippoorwill answered my cry. 
I kicked the pine tree in anger, I had worked so hard on that carving. It was for my friend Mia that was coming over next month. She had told me that she loved wolves and had always wanted a carving of one. Knowing how to carve my self I wanted to give her a late birthday present.
I fell to the floor in tears. Mia was my only friend, everyone else in the town my age laughs at me saying that I'm to poor to have a house. It started in the winter when i told everyone that grandpa was from Africa and that he had to live in the bush and be like a Indian and fight to survive. I guess everyone thought that he was a wimp and couldn't take the pressure.
The leaves of a nearby bush shook wildly as I heard laughter from behind it. 
"You laughing at me?" I called whipping the tears off my cheeks and stood up. I looked terrible. I was a mess. My short hair was straggly like the savannah grass and twined together from all the big paws of animals passing over it. My shorts were dirty with dirt and dust from sitting too long. Even my shirt was dirty from the wood shavings and the pine needles that fell on it. 
A flurry of colors erupted from the bush as a small boy about my age came tumbling at me. 
"Sorry, didn't see you there" the boy said, obviously he meant to jump on me. You could see his delighted smile from the far edge of the meadow.
"Sure you didn't" I retorted, but helped him get up anyways. "So who are you now?" I gave him a questioning glare with my my dark blue eyes.
"Jason. you?" Jason asked me with his black eyes. 
"Savannah" I replied quickly.


© 2011 Khyrro


Author's Note

Khyrro
tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on June 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011


Author

Khyrro
Khyrro

About
I'm a 13 year old girl who just loves writing. I'm not the best out there, but people say I'm good and so why not share it? Anyway have fun reading my stories. I have written multiple unfinished stori.. more..

Writing