A new challenge

A new challenge

A Chapter by Khyrro
"

....

"
"Take care of this gem, its very special, some say it holds magic. My daughter Ellie gave it to me, she says an old college friend gave it to her after they went to Egypt. It was found in one of the tombs, at least thats what I heard" the old man said to me as I gave my hard earned money to him. Taking a good look at the gem it shined with a beautiful amber glow and in the center was golden diamond looking shape. -I'll take good care of this!- I promised silently as I set off through the hard packed snow and back to Grandpa's house.
I stuffed the wolf carving back in my pocket before it decided to grow again and this time stay big. 
"S...Savannah" Jason stuttered next to me like he still couldn't believe what happened was real. I didn't reply as my brain was still trying to realize what happened too, but I was beyond shock and on to wondering how.
The gem.
That single thought set off a hoard of thoughts like: What should I do with it. Should I give it back, should I hide it, but if I did someone else could find it. Can I break it, or is it too hard to break?
In the end only one good answer stood, it was crazy, unrealistic, but I had to get rid of the gem, who's to know what else the gem could do. 
------And thats how I spent most of the day, wondering what to do while Jason next to me was scared half to death, and I thought boys were supposed to be tough and all-------
The sky filled with red light as the sun began to sink under the horizon, we still were in the tent. Was Grandpa worried? Scared for us? Did the wolves get him? The thoughts raced around my mind as I stared out, not at anything in particular. 
I don't know what came over me, but I was determined to the one goal, the only goal, the only option. 
"We have to leave." I finally broke the silence making Jason jump and hit his head.
"Leave to where, your grandpa's house?" he asked, though his voice seemed well enough his eyes told only fear and hope that I would say yes.
"No, were going to Egypt" I said and with that Jason's face became pale. 
"What have you gone mad!" he yelled. "Your birthday is tomorrow and even being eight doesn't mean that you can go anywhere that you want." he added with worry.
"I have to bring this gem back" I showed his the amber gem.
"I suppose your right" he admitted with a shrug. "Onward to Egypt I suppose" he gave a cautious laugh.


© 2011 Khyrro


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 2, 2011


Author

Khyrro
Khyrro

About
I'm a 13 year old girl who just loves writing. I'm not the best out there, but people say I'm good and so why not share it? Anyway have fun reading my stories. I have written multiple unfinished stori.. more..

Writing