Everybody’s got choices

Everybody’s got choices

A Story by Kichu

I opened my laptop on the table, straightened my skirt and sat down before it. A grumble from my belly led me to open the  Starbucks homepage. Too many choices; Lattes, Mochas, Cappuccinos. Choosing a ‘quick’ bite took another 15 minutes.


I tied my hair back, took a deep ‘get-back-to-work’ breath, and surfed the internet for all available Tor browsers. Too many choices; Onion, Zizuke, BrowzEmAll, so and so forth. I might have to call a plumber for my clogged judgement process. I finally downloaded BrowzEmAll, simply cause I like their name; explaining Tor browsing for what it really is; Access to banned sites across the world that make up the hidden 80% of the Internet. From guns to drugs, all varieties of everything is available here.


I opened my handbag and reached for a business card. On that card, was a passcode, which we activate by running it on the browser. I did the same, and opened the website that has, yet a lot of choices. There were french men with 10 years of experience, young swiss men only a few years old into the job but looks young and promising.


My phone buzzed, it was my husband. “Honey, I might have to stay back at work today as well. I am confused what to get myself for dinner: Italian or Chinese, what do you suggest?”

“Just get the one that you know best darling, little would I know of the places near your office. There will always be too many choices. I am stuck with a lot of choices myself.”

I replied as I removed my wedding ring.   



THE END

© 2018 Kichu


Author's Note

Kichu
Please exercise your choice to comment and share :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Huh! Now that's a shock!!
At first, you wrote this story with a point of view of a woman....it's never easy to come up from our being own in the character and to see things from someone else's view....but you did it!
That woman here is indeed a strong one from inside...nor when she has got to learn bout her husband's absurd deeds how come she was consoled and kept it normal!
Where there her husband made another choice over her then she has got choices too....actually you're right....everybody's got....
Thanks for sharing this.....twas indeed an amazing read :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kichu

5 Years Ago

Thank you for the review Tahzin :)
¿

5 Years Ago

How I wish my name was Tahzin instead of Tahsin....would've been more easy to call!😀
You'r.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Huh! Now that's a shock!!
At first, you wrote this story with a point of view of a woman....it's never easy to come up from our being own in the character and to see things from someone else's view....but you did it!
That woman here is indeed a strong one from inside...nor when she has got to learn bout her husband's absurd deeds how come she was consoled and kept it normal!
Where there her husband made another choice over her then she has got choices too....actually you're right....everybody's got....
Thanks for sharing this.....twas indeed an amazing read :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kichu

5 Years Ago

Thank you for the review Tahzin :)
¿

5 Years Ago

How I wish my name was Tahzin instead of Tahsin....would've been more easy to call!😀
You'r.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on August 8, 2018
Last Updated on August 8, 2018
Tags: Dark, Life, Sad, adventure, death, depression, family, fantasy, fiction, hope, love, magic

Author

Kichu
Kichu

Mumbai, Maharastra, India



Writing