Mary’s Gift

Mary’s Gift

A Story by KimberlySeben
"

About a little girl who receives a special gift unexpectedly.

"

Once upon a time, there was a unicorn named Jewel. Jewel was blue with dark blue hair. He loved to play with, teach and heal children. He lives on the blue color of a rainbow. When the rainbow he lives on disappears, he lives on a blue colored cloud in the sky instead.

“I wonder if I can find a child to play with today?” asked Jewel to himself.

Jewel flew around searching for a child to play with. He went to a mountain and saw a little girl playing outside in the wildflowers. He approached her carefully.

”Hello little girl. My name is Jewel. Would you like to play with me?” said Jewel.

”A unicorn! Yes! My name is Mary,” said Mary.

”Would you like to go for a ride on my back Mary? I’d like to show you my cloud home,” said Jewel.

”Yes! Thank you Jewel!” said Mary excitedly.

Jewel and Mary flew right up to Jewels beautiful blue cloud home. A storm appeared. Suddenly, a thunderbolt went by Mary and it touched her but it didn’t shock her. She felt different somehow but didn’t know why.

”Are you alright Mary? I know what that thunderbolt did to you. You can now heal others!” said Jewel excitedly.

”I can heal others? Like when someone’s sick?” asked Mary.

”Yes Mary,” said Jewel flying them back down to her house and letting her get off of his back in her backyard.

”Mary! Come in now! It’s storming outside!” shouted Mary’s sick Mother, Jane.

“Yes Mommy! Good-bye Jewel,” said Mary running out of the wildflowers to her home.

When Mary sat down getting dried off by her Mother with a towel, Mary brought up meeting and being with Jewel. Jane was excited to hear more about him. Jane sat down and listened to her after she dried Mary off.

”Mommy, he said I can heal others because a lightening bolt touched me on my arm!” said Mary.

”Are you alright? I’m going to take you to the hospital to be sure! I’m going to tell your Father to come with us too,” said Jane who was worried about her daughter.

”Yes, I’m ok Mommy,” said Mary now being taken by her Mother to the car while she runs to tell Dave her husband about what happened to Mary.

After the three of them get to the hospital and a doctor examined Mary, he said nothing was wrong with her. Jane and Dave were relieved to know that their daughter was alright. They kept her over night just in case to be sure she was alright.

”Mommy, I can heal you. Jewel was real. Just let me touch your hand. Jewel told me I can heal others just by doing that,” said Mary.

Jane had a bad cold. Jane didn’t really believe that Mary could heal her. Jane went to let Mary touch her hand. All of the sudden, Jane instantly felt better and her cold was gone!

”Wow Mary! My cold’s gone! Thank you! I believe you and Jewel being real too!” said Jane happily.

”That’s wonderful! What a wonderful gift you have!” said Dave while kissing his daughter on her cheek.

”Visiting hours are now over, please go home now,” said a speaker loudly in the hospital.

After Mary’s parents heard that, they kissed Mary good-bye and left. They were happy that she could heal others. They thought that maybe she’d heal someone else while staying at the hospital over night.

Suddenly, a little boy with an pneumonia came in. The doctor placed him in his bed next to Mary. Mary wanted to know why he was there and started to talk to him.

“Hello. I’m Mary. What’s your name?” said Mary curiously.

”I’m Fred,”. said Fred then coughed after he spoke to Mary.

”What’s wrong Fred? Why are you here?” asked Mary sadly.

”I’m here because I have an pneumonia,” said Fred unhappily.

”I can heal you. Can I come and touch your hand?” said Mary.

”Yes, please heal me!” said Fred who coughed again.

Mary got out of bed and went to touch Fred’s hand. Fred felt better right away! He no longer coughed when he spoke too and even his fever was gone.

”Thank you Mary! I’m better!” said Fred excitedly.

”You’re welcome Fred!” said Mary merrily.

Not long after Mary healed Fred, she got back into her bed. When the doctor came in to take Fred’s temperature, he found out that he didn’t have one and was better. The doctor called his parents and told them they could come pick him up and that he was better. They were overwhelmed with happiness.

”You’re doing great using your gift Mary,” said Jewel who went through the hospital window to tell her this.

“Jewel!” said Mary excitedly.

”Shh. Not so loud. I’m going to take you with me from now on to help heal sick children I find. We’ll do this after you get out of the hospital,” said Jewel happily.

“Yes Jewel. I’d love to do this with you,” said Mary.

The next morning Mary’s parents came and got her and brought her home. Her Father was starting to come down with a cold. Mary touched his hand and healed him. He was happy and now believed Mary and about Jewel too.

Mary and Jewel flew in the sky and healed many sick children that summer. Mary told her parents about what she was doing with Jewel and they let her do it. When Mary grew up, she continued doing this with Jewel and everyone lived happily ever after.

© 2020 KimberlySeben


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on March 7, 2020
Last Updated on March 7, 2020
Tags: heal, healer

Author

KimberlySeben
KimberlySeben

AL



About
Love to write short fiction stories, especially for children. more..

Writing