The Wedding Portrait

The Wedding Portrait

A Story by Kimberly

        She was slow to smile. Though she was not slow to happiness, the physical expression, the smile, was slow to manifest. She was cautious with smiles. She had to make sure that it was alright to smile, if it were permitted, if others were smiling, too. It started with a half-frown, the tips of her lips pressed down, and the center raised as if her cupid’s bow had to lift them. It took a moment for her to feel comfortable and then her smile radiated like sunlight from behind a dark cloud. This was what photographers didn’t know and was the reason she grimaced on her wedding day, the happiest day of her life.

© 2011 Kimberly


Author's Note

Kimberly
This is my first experiment with Flash Fiction. It runs a bit long, it's 117 words, but I can't see how to cut any more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.


Posted 13 Years Ago


this left me thinking.
what was it that made her sad?
"She had to make sure that it was alright to smile, if it were permitted"
did something happen and they were not allowed to be happy?
was there an accident on the wedding?

very nice :D i like it when i wonder about a story :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Smile, it was great!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2011
Last Updated on February 13, 2011

Author

Kimberly
Kimberly

St Petersburg, FL



About
I'm a twenty-six year old writer who hopes to be published by the end of this year. I write mostly fantasy and historical fiction and my work is heavily influenced by Neil Gaiman, Joseph Campbell, JK .. more..

Writing
Cooking Cooking

A Story by Kimberly


Fog Wolf Fog Wolf

A Story by Kimberly