Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Kinau
"

Here is your orientation, fellow traveler.

"

Welcome.

My name is Kathleen J. Sullivan, and I will be your guide. I'll try and help you out at any turns that might be confusing, and don't feel shy to ask me directly if something seems is difficult to understand.

This section here will explain how to navigate this story and read it to its fullest potential. Thank you for joining me on this adventure, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you hear, smell, see, taste and feel along the way.

Now that the basic introduction has reached its end, we'll go right ahead and begin.

 

     All right. So the first thing you want to know is that this story is interactive at certain places; you can make choices that choose how the story progresses. Choices you make can determine minor or major impact to the protagonist, the world around her and the story as a whole. These choices will be highlighted at the end of a chapter where a choice is possible. It will look something like this:

Example:

Make a choice:

Choose the voyage to Phretes: [Link to chapter corresponding.]

Choose the voyage to Pythleos: [Link to chapter corresponding.]

     You might note the [Link to chapter corresponding.] space. This is where a link to the chapter which follows your choice is placed. It's a rather simple system which should allow you to continue on without impediment once you've made a decision, and will likely be easy to navigate. If you find any problems with it or ways it should be improved, feel free to tell me about it.

     As to the usage of these:

Example.

     These are used when narrative asks for a flash-back; a portion of the story where the past is reflected upon (and in this story's case) in third person.

     Fonts will also serve a function. For example, Verdana will be used strictly as my own input (which will likely not happen too often, so don't you worry.) and Georgia for regular narrative.

    

     Thank you for bearing with me for this short explanation. I hope you enjoy your ventures in these lands, and I wish you the best of luck. I am always open to criticism or suggestion, so please don't be afraid to jump in and message or review me at any time.

 

"We'll go, then?" 

 

Continue to first chapter:

 



© 2014 Kinau


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on May 8, 2014
Last Updated on May 8, 2014
Tags: Saphima, Saraphine, Lysanith, Haeriven, Rise, of, kings, Iva, roleplay, interactive, choose, your, adventure, choice


Author

Kinau
Kinau

None, MI



About
Hello! My name is Kathleen J. Sullivan, I am 16 and I live in the US, and in the state of Michigan. I enjoy writing a little bit here and there. Thanks for coming by. Feel free to message me. more..

Writing
Palmont Plains Palmont Plains

A Poem by Kinau