Incident At lab 48

Incident At lab 48

A Story by A Watcher In Time
"

Just a quick ditty for you to enjoy.

"

“Are you telling me that you can act like nothing changed? Like nothing went wrong?!”

“No! God no,” He buried his head in his hands and continued slowly. “I just...can’t. Alright? What happened in Lab 48 was an accident. There was a lot of things that can go wrong during those kind of experiments; and we can’t be sure if it was--”

“Oh hell no! You know that he pulled the lever, held us back, and let it happen! He looked at the readings from the scanner, saw that they had spiked to levels that had never been seen before, and continued anyway. Even a f*****g trainee knows that that you kill the whole thing. Right then and there.”

“Don’t you think I know that? Look, what I’m really trying to say is...” Now he could barely choke the words out if he wanted to. It was all so damn wrong. Nothing was supposed to even happen to them! Stupid lab techs just ran the numbers and made sure that computers didn’t get any major bugs. Yet it had, and his sanity felt like it was already beginning to become unraveled. By the time he found the courage his partner had already started laying into him again.

“And another thing! I’ll be damned if that whole project wasn’t a set up. Some kind of, I don’t know, conspiracy!” He stopped his partner there. That was enough.

“Look man, you saw the release right?” Partner slowly nodded, but was still a bit weary of the sudden burst of emotion from the otherwise silent half of the team.

“Then you damn well know that it was marked closed for clearances that I didn’t even know existed. So high up that if you pissed from your office it would build up enough force to snap a guys neck at the bottom. Which is most likely what they’ll do to us if we keep talking about it. Just, f*****g go home and forget that we were ever in that lab.”

At that he walked away from the whole thing. Just a few steps outside, and into the car. Yet by the time he got home the shaking would begin. Flashes of what happened continued well into the evening, and at night he could hardly go without screaming at least once. Fear had set itself deep into his core forever, and there would be no hope for any kind of reform now. Lab 48 had sunk its claws into someone at last.

© 2015 A Watcher In Time


Author's Note

A Watcher In Time
Hey there, if you've gotten this far you've most likely read the story above. Thanks man (or lady) for the read. I like those, and would like to know if this should go anywhere. Does it continue or is it fine like this? You tell me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'd say continue this if you feel like it. It's interesting as it is, being just a creepy little blurb, but if the ball's rolling then by all means keep it rolling. As far as what's here goes, I like how you can tell the characters apart simply by the tone of their voices in this instance. If there's one thing I'd change, I'd say put the phrase "He stopped his partner there. Enough was enough," after "'Look man, you saw the release right?'" since the meaning of that clicks easier after reading that statement. Anyways, good job, keep it up.

Posted 5 Years Ago


It continues.....

and just because....FIRST

:)


Posted 9 Years Ago


A Watcher In Time

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the input, but I have to ask, what? "It continues..."? If you could please explain it .. read more
Ignacious Lamont Crowley

9 Years Ago

"Does it continue or is it fine like this? You tell me. "

:)
A Watcher In Time

9 Years Ago

Oh geez, thank you. Appreciate it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 26, 2015
Tags: science fiction

Author

A Watcher In Time
A Watcher In Time

About
Hello, and welcome to my humble profile. I'm just someone who enjoys writing things for people with as little spelling or grammar errors as possible. Most of my work is based in science fiction or fan.. more..

Writing