Chapter 4-Opposites Go Their Own Ways

Chapter 4-Opposites Go Their Own Ways

A Chapter by Kingnerduli

"A heroic plan! We charge to the village, head-on!"
An uproar from the males; excitement! Joy! LazLow was a genius and a hero for his plan. The uproar of agreement was overwhelming. His white smile gleams as the sun sets behind a line of assorted trees laying upon the horizon. "There's no time to lose. We should go immediately. It should only be a hour of walking. We can make it tonight if we really push; camp out the night and attack at dawn!"
Their feet trample down the plants ahead as they run downhill, uphill, between and around trees. The run lasted for what seemed the longest time in their lives. The adrenaline was pumping in their blood as excitement grew. An hour passes. Then another. Then about another half an hour passes before the males reach the outer edge of their village, sheltered by trees and bushes. They stayed back several yards to keep safe from their nemesis.
"Keep your voices to a minimum. We awake at dawn and charge."
A quick shelter made out of branches and leaves stood the night. A snap, a light, a flicker of fire. An orange glow deepens the forest slightly. It warms the surrounding area, quite noticeably. The light fades sometime after dark, but before the sun can climb full circle.

**********

Nearly a mile away, the females had reached the burning rubble of what used to be their air defense field. The orange and red and yellow flames scattered across stone and grass raged into the night as the only light in the sky dimmed. The girls look around, searching for the males. Worry had flooded over them. The guys could be hurt, or worse, dead due to their stupidity and boldness. One glance around, finding one standing building on the end of the runway and they head that way. A close inspection of the interior revealed no one and nothing. "A perfect place to stay the night."
"Time to start a fire."
"Be careful. Someone'll need to stay awake to monitor the fire."
A shy, but not as shy as before, familiar voice speaks out. "I can do that..." Everyone turns to see short, little Teli, smiling. "However, we need someone who can start a fire." A new voice calls out, confident she could do anything. "Of course. Me!" An orange fox starts in the middle, rasing her hand in the air. Her blonde hair covers her left eye. A yellow stripe goes across her white muzzle. She was nearly dressed in a dark grey overcoat with a light blue dress shirt, and a white dress shirt under that, and finally a pair of dark grey dress pants. "Yeah, yeah, get your opinions out now before I have to break a chair over your head." She gets on her knees, grabbing rubble from the floor that came from the roof. A couple strikes and a spark and a flame. It lit up the inside of the partially-collapsed building. Everyone was giving her looks, but soon settles down, turning dirt into beds. Teli looks at her and whispers, "Who are you? I haven't seen you yet."
The fox gets off her knees, dusting off her dress pants. She speaks as she blows off the dust on her nails. "Yma Cuddlesworth, used-to-be Channel Six at Six reporter. As it seems to be the end of our village for a while, I suppose I'm on vacation. Mind if I watch over you? As a guard?" Teli shrugs. "Sure." They sit by the fire, Yma staring aimlessly into the flames. "Please cover for me, Yma."
"I'm used to it. And you can call me Y, dear."
Teli looks around and slides back to Cloud. "Mind if I... Uh, stay with you? For the night?" Cloud flutters her eyes as she wakes up, looking at Teli. "S-sure." She says, going back to sleep. Teli cuddles up against her, falling quickly into sleep.


© 2016 Kingnerduli


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on September 5, 2016
Last Updated on November 15, 2016
Tags: Furry


Author

Kingnerduli
Kingnerduli

PA



About
There isn't much: Gamer Builder Furry Artist Author Student A combination of above more..

Writing
Credits Credits

A Chapter by Kingnerduli