Lost Time

Lost Time

A Story by Aeris
"

This is a story about a girl named Alice who lives in a world where the time of how long you will live is engraved into you're wrist and you have animal ears.

"
The date is December 13, 2040. I still have no reason as to why my "Clock" in my wrist is always at 0. I have cat ears and a tail and i'm pretty much normal so why don't I get to know my time like everyone else does? I will ask my mother about it later for now I should worry about my studies. End log! 
My name is Alice Cartelat and I am a secluded 16 year old girl. I live in the world called Isola where the people have animal ears and we are born with a "Clock" in our wrists. The "Clock" is a device that is implanted into our mothers stomach's as we are being born. It attaches to our wrists and determines how long we have to live and our "Clock" counts down to our very last second. Once we die we vanish completely with no trace left behind. Except for one special case; me. I should have been born with a time but I do not have one my "Clock" does not move it is always at 0.

Knowing that my "Clock" doesn't move I often feel left out and hated when people look at me with those eyes! They're eyes as they look at me is as if they're dead and they stare at me with them quietly suffocating me from the anxiety. I don't want to be hated....But I know that not everybody will like me. 

As I walk through the town to school the people glance at me as if they are surveying me. Unable to stand the looks I run down the street into an alleyway taking shortcuts to school. Stopping halfway there I spot a pure white cat with majestic ruby red eyes. The cat stared at me but not in the way that the others do. It was as if the cat was really looking at me and not my "Clock" so I stared back at the cat and said "You're eyes. You're looking at me without hate or pity. Thank you. You are a wonderful albino cat." As to which the cat replied "I look at you because you are you nobody else not even one with such pity needed." I look at the cat smiling and walked past him onwards toward school.

The lunch bell rang and I went into the courtyard to find a quiet spot to eat. During school when it's lunchtime the others leave quickly or ignore me so I find quiet places to eat with no people so that they can eat they're lunches without having to scout around the room to find me.

© 2013 Aeris


Author's Note

Aeris
I had a dream about this once and put it into a story. How is it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the concept of this story with the 'clocks', I also like the added idea of the animal parts of the body it makes it very unique :). A nicely written story, well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 9, 2013
Last Updated on August 9, 2013
Tags: Animal, Ears, Story, Fantasy, Romance, Slice-of-Life, Time

Author

Aeris
Aeris

About
I love to write and come up with new stories. more..