Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Kin

"Hurry up, Levi!" Aidan called over her shoulder. It was a beautifully near-empty day, and Levi's dawdling had been negotiated to happen after practice.

"If you pick all those dandelions now, there'll be none left on the walk home."

"I know", Levi sighed. "but just look at the things and tell me you don't want to take them all with you!"

Aidan most certainly did not want to, but there was no time to crush Levi's heart. She turned from her friend with his armful of bright yellow weeds and sprinted down the street. The cracks and litter blurred beneath her feet, and her spine tingled at the cold air that brushed past her. The anticipation of winter's second wave had plagued her all March, but it was finally starting to show itself. The dandelions that Levi was fussing over would soon disappear until May.

If only the snow had come sooner. Maybe we could have made it at a decent time today. Aidan thought, dodging a tipped over garbage bin. Setting it back up could wait until after practice.

Levi had attempted to keep up with Aidan at first, but she could hear the scuffle-y sounds of him stumbling and cursing after her, and when he went silent she knew she had lost him again. Fortunately, the school was now within their view. Aidan slowed to a walk as Levi flopped up beside her, puffing in a mixture of exhaustion and exaggerated annoyance. He forced various scoffs and eye rolls as Aidan wheezed in laughter.

"I cannot believe you abandoned me like that." Levi said, flipping his hair so that it swatted Aidan's face.

"You are so dramatic." she giggled.

"Hey, you're the one who wants me to be that way. "Levi retorted, sticking his tongue out.

That was true. Levi hadn't needed as much training as the other players in his club, but she had been turning every moment with him onto an acting lesson since the start of the school year. Aidan was grateful that Levi was there to help her be the bridge between their groups.

But, regardless of how much she valued her friend, it didn't stop her from bickering with him all the way into the school and down to the auditorium. Levi caught the door with his foot to hold it for Aidan, so he didn't see what was wrong when she yelled,

"What the hell is going on here?!"

When he was finally able to step in after her, the unfolding scene caused him to drop his dandelions. Seven people were standing on the stage, surrounding a pile of crushed set pieces.



© 2023 Kin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on April 1, 2023
Last Updated on April 1, 2023
Tags: Fantasy, LGBT, WIP, Adventure


Author

Kin
Kin

Canada



About
My name is Kinsey (or Kin)! I'm 18, and Quotev isn't giving me a lot of readers so I'm putting my writing here as well. I just want to share my words and maybe make some friends. Any pronouns are fi.. more..

Writing
O! Zinaida! O! Zinaida!

A Poem by Kin