Team Player

Team Player

A Story by KioneCookie
"

Kione give's out plaques to lower level employee's, sometimes as a warning, sometimes as a moral boost

"

Patrick was in the middle of setting up his new email account when Kione walked in. He knew the guy was an executive, but that was the extent of his knowledge. Seeing them down here among the grunts was a huge shock, and Patrick was immediately concerned that he was being fired. He had no idea why, but what other reason would a guy wearing a suit that was worth more than he made in a month walk into his office?

“Hey buddy” Kione smiled at him, “How’re things?”

“Uh, just...just setting up my email. Sir.” He flinched. Why had he said sir? He was making a complete a*s of himself and he hadn’t even opened Outlook yet.

Kione nodded and set something on his desk. A plaque. Patrick blinked, confused.

“Oh, I’m not...I just started today.” Patrick laughed. It was a nervous sound, but he felt relieved. “You probably have the wrong guy.”

“Nah.” Kione said, clicked their fingernails on the frame, “You’re the right guy. Keep up the good work, Patrick. Teamwork, man.”

Kione gave him two thumbs and left.

____

Elliot was going over the last edits of an article which served the “good publicity” regarding Pariah’s latest stunt. Something about an Ex-Marine being cured; he didn’t know the details, and honestly, he didn’t want to know. The fewer he knew, the better, that’s what that creep Martin had told him on his first day two months ago.

A knock on the door made him flinch and sit up in panic-at Rosemary, the walls had ears. Elliot wouldn’t put some sort of thought-reading device past the most powerful corporation on the globe.

But no. It was an executive he’d never seen before, a person whose suit seemed to slack around their frame even though if looked custom, with square glasses and overall friendly expression.

A real smile; somehow that more disconcerting than Martin’s obvious threats.

“Heya, buddy. Hope I ain’t interruptin’ something here?”

A snicker that followed revealed how the person had meant anything but work.

“The article’s almost done, Sir” Elliot hastened to say when his look fell upon a picture frame the other man was clutching.

“...may I help you with anything?”

“Nah, man!” Came the cheerful answer and out of their suit pockets the other guy unearthed a hammer and a nail.

“Just to keep your spirit up, pal. Don’t let it get to your head though!” the executive went on, nailing the frame to the wall before disappearing-after a small fist bump.

The exec was gone before Elliot even caught their name, and turning around the publicist saw that he’d just been awarded a “Team Player” plaque...

What the f**k?  He thought; it was not until the next water cooler conversation that he found out about Dr. Kione Barkovsky’s unorthodox, if oddly inspiring methods.

 

© 2014 KioneCookie


Author's Note

KioneCookie
two short stories that i wrote to remember an idea

tell me if there's grammar problems!
reviews and comments are always appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on July 16, 2014
Last Updated on July 16, 2014
Tags: executive, teamwork, Kione, Patrick, Elliot

Author

KioneCookie
KioneCookie

Livny, Russia



About
sup i write things about my ocs it's an AU that take's place in abandoned asylum i guess enjoy more..

Writing