Building Billy

Building Billy

A Story by KittenCaine

There was once a little building, let's name it Billy.

 

Billy was a quirky little thing, not like the other buildings and it was often teased and bullied because of it. But as it grew older, people teased it less and less, finding it easier to just ignore the freaky thing. So Billy was all alone when it was old enough to start desiring company, and it had to look elsewhere since no one wanted to grant that little wish. The sad little building buried itself in a world of words and pictures until someone finally came along and showed it how to come out.

 

This person was a young lady, Flighty, and she promised to show Billy many, many things if Billy took her in. So it opened the doors and let the young lady inside where she stayed for five years. For the first year, Flighty explored finding some flaws in Billy's foundation of which she made note, and evaluated all little treasures that made Billy so rich and unique.

 

But after that initial fun and adventure had passed, Flighty started visiting and living with other buildings. When Billy discovered this, the hurt little building confronted Flighty and begged her to be a little more loyal, to not betray her supposedly beloved home anymore.

 

That's when Flighty became MEAN. She started threatening to leave. She went back to the foundational flaws she had found and chipped away at them with the hammer of her words. She went through Billy's rooms and destroyed its treasures, claiming they were useless, were flaws, were hindering her happiness. By the time she was finished, Billy was a ruin. Still though, Billy held on, trying its best to keep this terrible tenant so it wouldn't have to be alone. It was Billy's neighbouring buildings that finally chased Flighty off, when the damage was bad enough, when Billy was ready to collapse under the feelings of inadequacy and guilt.

 

Billy wasn't alone long after that. There was a man, Charming, to had come along while Flighty was still there, to try and encourage Billy to say goodbye, to let go of the reason it was in such pain. As soon as he had the opportunity, he turned on his charms for the sad little building.

 

I'll take care of you. He promised.

I'll make you feel better. He whispered.

I'll help you recover, you don't need to do it alone.

But there was a condition. Charming liked to have many buildings to choose from, it was freer he said, and he wouldn't give it up. Billy, so lonely and desperate, accepted. So Charming began to mend everything Flighty had destroyed. Slowly gluing everything back together.

 

When enough fixing had been done, Billy did something selfish. It told Charming how much it loved having him, it asked Charming to settle down with one home now... and the snake accepted. With a slick smile he said yes, I'll only live here~ But Charming was a liar. He continued to sneak off into other buildings whenever Billy said no, not tonight, you can't poke at my secret places tonight.

 

When Billy found out, it kicked him out in a rage, a rage that shook it to the very root of it's foundation. All the flaws Flighty had wrenched open, broke back open, all the things she had shattered broke again and even some of the things she had left untouched blew apart.

 

The next time Billy let someone in, she was just as broken and needed help just as much as she was needed. But there was a major problem. Every time she sunk, she raged and attacked Billy, shaking the already damaged foundation closer and closer to  its breaking point. When Billy couldn't take it, she was told, Billy couldn't be her shelter; her saviour, because Billy was going to die soon if the attacks and the fits didn't stop shaking it.

 

What Billy learned then, was a thing everyone should consider.

 

Victims don't make good heroes.

© 2013 KittenCaine


Author's Note

KittenCaine
Not meant to be serious, just a little reflecting in an odd way.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on May 24, 2013
Last Updated on May 24, 2013
Tags: Metaphor, parable, moral, image, relationships, random

Author

KittenCaine
KittenCaine

Ottawa, Canada



About
Erm... Okay so... Ironically, I have no words XD Going on about me seems kinda pointless, so I guess just: what you can expect here... I'm Shuichi-level overly hyper half the time and self-irritati.. more..

Writing
Hellfire Hellfire

A Story by KittenCaine


Cold Eyes Cold Eyes

A Story by KittenCaine