Getting to Know Your Kidnapper

Getting to Know Your Kidnapper

A Chapter by KiyaMichelle
"

(If you read the first chapter, you can see that I changed the writing from present-tense to past-tense)

"

CHAPTER TWO - GETTING TO KNOW YOUR KIDNAPPER


AFTER JONAS BROUGHT BACK their meal of a chicken sandwich, Naomi ate in silence, never looking up at Jonas.  She thought that he didn't deserve her attention.  Which he didn't.  They finished eating, leaving Naomi nothing to do but sit there and not look at her kidnapper.  Jonas didn't say anything, just sat there and gazed at her. Eventually, he spoke.

"I like you here," he said.  Naomi slowly lifted her head up and had a barely detectable look of disgust.

"You don't deserve me here," she said, sharply.  Jonas had the slightest look of pain in his eyes after she said that, but quickly abandoned it in a second.  He ignored her comment, speaking again.

"I have a mattress that I can bring in here when we sleep.  That way, you won't have to sleep on the floor," he told her.

"Where are you sleeping?", she asked him.  Jonas smiled.

"With you.  Where else?", he told her.  Naomi was taken by surprise, shaking her head.

"No.  No! You can't sleep in the same bed as me!", she told him.

"Naomi, yes I can.  Don't worry, it's going to be fine.  You're fine here," he tried to reassure her.

"Don't say my name.  How do you know my name?  Tell me," she commanded.  Jonas sighed.

"I'm not telling you.  I just know, and that's all that's important," he said.  Naomi asked another question.

"What time is is?". 

"That doesn't matter.  Just tell me when you need something," Jonas told her.  This made Naomi think.

"Where will I use the bathroom?", she asked, quickly.

"Well, I'll take you to a bathroom, of course," Jonas answered.

"Okay," she accepted.  Silence filled the room for a few moments.  Finally, Jonas spoke again.

"Let's get to know each other," he proposed.  "What's your favorite hobby?"

"My favorite hobby?", Naomi looked at Jonas.  "I'm a model," she told him, reluctantly.  Jonas' eyes lit up at the statement.

"A model?  Wow. . .what kind of modeling?", he asked her.  At first, she didn't answer.

"I. . .I model clothes," she eventually said.  Jonas looked to the side and smiled once more.

"What do you do in your free time, when you're alone at home?", he asked, revealing that he knew even more about her.  Naomi frowned.

"I just live my life like any normal person.  I listen to music, I watch TV, I eat.  But what I don't do is kidnap grown adults and lock them in my creepy, dirty, filthy, secret room and chain them up!", she answered.

"Stop being upset, please," Jonas asked her.

"Stop being upset?!", she yelled, outraged.  "How can I 'stop being upset'? I've been kidnapped.  You took me from my home and my jobs and my life, and you expect me to. . .what? Be happy? Be excited? Because you've taken me for yourself?  No! I'm locked up in this gross place with barely any light, it's wet, and the only thing here is a  filthy blanket on the floor.  But, wait, I get a mattress soon!  A mattress that I have to sleep on with a man who I don't know, who won't tell me anything useful.  I'm not going to stop being upset, as long as you keep me here!", Naomi exclaimed.  Jonas did not say anything.  He paused.

"Naomi. . .", Jonas said, not knowing how to respond.  "What. . .What's your favorite color?", he asked.  This caused Naomi to open her mouth in shock that he would actually continue the conversation like he did.  She decided to participate, realizing that she could go nowhere else.  She closed her eyes and spoke.

"Orange.  Like the sunset," she said.

"Orange. . .", Jonas repeated.  "Mine is blue.  Because it's the color of the sky.  Whenever I feel like the world is too much to handle, or it's too much for me, I look up at the blue sky and see how nice and simple it is.  And that reminds me that I can handle anything down here on Earth", Jonas told her.  Naomi paused, thinking about what Jonas had just revealed to her.

"That's. . .interesting," she said.

"What's your favorite time of day?" Jonas asked her.

"Um. . .I don't know.  I've never thought of that," Naomi admitted.  "I guess it's noon," she told him.

"Noon? Noon," he said, first questioning and then stating her answer.  "I like early morning," he said.  Naomi hesitated, but then decided to ask him about it.

". . .Why?", she asked.  Jonas looked surprised that she reacted to his answer like that.

"Well. . .because it's something new," he said.  Naomi waited for a longer answer, but then realized that there wasn't one.

"Oh," she said.  Naomi yawned.

"Are you tired?", Jonas asked.

"I guess so," she answered.  She thought of replying with a snide comment, but then decided against it.  Jonas, jumping at the opportunity, stood up quickly to go fill her needs.

"I'll go get the mattress," he said.  He left the room, leaving Naomi to sit and think about how she just spent the past hour eating a bad sandwich, staring at the ground, and getting to know her kidnapper.

Jonas returned, dragging in a mildly worn down queen-sized mattress.  As he was bringing it into the room, she looked out of the doorway, hoping to see somewhere she could escape in the event that  she got out of the room.  All she saw was a pitch black hallway, and then the heavy door was closed.  Jonas dropped the mattress in one of the corners of the room.

"There you go," he said.  Naomi stared at the mattress.

"Blankets?", she asked.

"Oh," Jonas said.  He reached into a hole in the side of the mattress, pulling out a large blanket and tossing it onto the makeshift bed.  Jonas looked at Naomi, waiting for a positive response.  She just nodded.

"Are you going to get in?", Jonas asked her.  Naomi looked down at her clothes, guessing that she wasn't going to get to change.  She slowly stood up, but didn't move from her spot.  She stared at the mattress, then started to walk toward it as the damp, cold floor touched her bare feet.  She hesitantly began to get on top of it while laying the blanket on top of her.  The thought crossed her mind that this blanket was probably not very clean.  Then, unexpectedly, Jonas got in the bed with her.

Naomi stayed completely still, laying to face the grimy wall.  She got as close as she could without actually touching it in order to avoid any contact with Jonas. She then felt the weight of his body settle closely next to her.



© 2012 KiyaMichelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012
Tags: kinapping, kidnapper, horror, crime


Author

KiyaMichelle
KiyaMichelle

Alexandria, VA



About
I'm 13, and very mature for my age (Physically & Mentally.) I love to sing and act. I love to write scenes and monologues, etc., because of the fact that I'm an actress. Also, because I know that anyt.. more..

Writing
Unexpected Yes Unexpected Yes

A Stage Play by KiyaMichelle