Kiss Me In the Pouring Rain<3

Kiss Me In the Pouring Rain<3

A Story by Karli

    "Wait, don't leave," James gently took hold of my arm, trapping his eyes on mine.

    Oh, how I hated the fact that I loved him so much.

    "Let go of me," I yanked my arm away from him and threw on my thin blue sweater.

    "Please don't leave me," he pleaded gently, his eyes warm with love.

    "It's your fault." I forced myself to say. I hated trying to leave, because I knew I'd only end up right back in his strong, comforting arms.

    Why did we always argue? We loved each other so much, but we couldn't seem to get along for more than a short period of two days. It was usually over something stupid, like forgetting to take the trash out, or cook dinner. It would escalate, and feelings would be hurt. It hurt more after four years of being together, because our love was so much stronger than any amount of pain.

    "Beth," he gently took my hand. "Don't leave now. It's raining so hard, you won't even be able to see out your car window. Just wait until the morning, that way you'll have some time to think about whether you really want to leave."

    Maybe he was right?

    No. I wasn't giving in this time. I knew that he'd never intentionally hurt me, physically or emtionally. I knew usually, it was my fault. I knew he loved me so much, and I loved him. I was just so scared of staying, in fear of harming my love-weakened heart.

    "I'll walk if I have to," I didn't bother grabbing my purse, but just opened the door and stormed out. He followed behind me, and I had to fight back the tears forming in my eyes. The rain outside was smashing down like a ton of bricks, and it resembled my feelings.

    "Beth," he whispered. "I'm sorry."

    "You know what, James?" I spoke loud enough to be heard over the rain. He stood there patiently, looking hurt and passionate. "I'm so fed up with this. I always come back, and we always end up arguing. There's no way I'm letting myself through this again."

    "Through what?" his voice raised to match mine. "Do you know how much I do for you? When you had nowhere else to go, I was the first person to take you in. Back when you felt completely alone, I gave you all the love in the universe. I do everything in my power to keep you happy because you mean the world to me. So, if you want to just leave all of this behind, by all means, go ahead."

    I couldn't even tell if he knew I was crying. The rain was tumbling all around us, so I probably just resembled the storm. He was completely right. Love is about give and take, really. If one person only gives, and the other one only takes, where would that leave anyone? Heart broken.

    "James." I was at a complete loss for words. "You're right. I'm scared to let myself just feel how I want, because I'm scared I'll end up alone again. Without you, I'd be nowhere. I simply can't go on if you're not with me." I admitted. I felt that my voice wasn't being heard. The rain seemed to be raising its volume with every word I let escape my mouth.

    "Then stop trying to run from this," he begged. "Our relationship can work, Beth."

    "James," I let myself cry again. "I love you."

    With that, he quickly took a step towards me, swooped me up, and kissed me. His kiss was full of love, and passion. The rain was merely a backdrop. I'd never felt so loved in my life. With his warm arms around me, I was no longer shivering. Nothing else mattered. Never in my life did I truly feel this could happen, but he saved my life.

    After a long, loving moment, James carried me back inside, and we warmed ourselves in front of the fire. I knew right then and there, I'd truly found the right person, and it was safe enough to be in love.

© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
I really wanted to write this. My life is so short of romance, it's not even funny. I personally think rain is one of the most romantic things ever, so I decided to write this. Any good?:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww. . So sweet. I love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think this was good! So you were saying that she was alone and he took her in, but she was scared to love anyone again because she didn't want to be alone like she was? this was heart warming, good work :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohkay so i must honestly say that I've been having a really bad day and this was just what i needed. I'm not really a fan for mushy things but this was different. It had a very realistic touch to it and at the same time it felt as if it were written so sincerely. I really really liked it =]
Now, it had a few grammar mistakes but nothing a good proof read wont fix.
Anyway, thank you for writing this. It really made my day =]
And, great work =]

Posted 13 Years Ago


aw omg this story made me so happy! This is really well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

845 Views
4 Reviews
Added on January 25, 2011
Last Updated on January 25, 2011

Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing