Chapter Twelve: Confrontation

Chapter Twelve: Confrontation

A Chapter by Karli
"

Chapter Twelve of Hold Your Peace

"

    My phone rang within two hours of me being awake the next morning. It was Laurel, of course. She'd known about my plot to get Ryan back. I couldn't speak of last night with her, because Kimmy could very well be listening.

    "Meet me at the cafe down the street." I whispered quickly into the phone. I grabbed my sweater and snuck past Kimmy without delay.

    "Tell me everything." Laurel leaned across the table.

    "There's not much to tell," I gazed out the window. Something in me hoped that Ryan would show up at the cafe, come inside, sweep me off my feet, and carry me off into the sunset. That was impossible, since it was barely noon yet. "We kissed."

    "You what?" she shouted over the music playing in the cafe. Everyone in the place turned to give her a look as I shushed her.

    "Keep quiet!" I begged her. "It just sort of happened. We walked, and barely talked, but we held hands. When I was walking away, he pulled me back, and we kissed."

    "How long?" she lowered her neck a bit.

    "I don't know, I stopped keeping track after two minutes." I confessed, biting my lip with shame. "It was amazing."

    "I can't believe you kissed him!" she grinned widely. "You two could be together, and I wouldn't have to deal with Rachel anymore!"

    "I sure hope so." I sighed with joy, trying not to get my hopes up. "Let's go down to the beach. I need to relax a little."

 

 

    This beach was becoming like medicine. Every time I felt sick to my stomach from Rachel, Ryan, or even Kimmy or Laurel, I just came down here. The rush of the waves soothed me, nearly sending me to sleep.

    "It's not as nice out here today." Laurel groaned as we set up our towels. "There's a ton of clouds."

    "It's still beautiful out." I disagreed. The air was cooler today, but it made it easier to stay out here. The sweltering heat sent you inside.

    The sun was directly on me. I felt as if I'd burst into flames any second. Suddenly, a shadow shielded me from the sun. I opened my eyes to see Rachel standing over me.

    "You're blocking my sun." I rolled my eyes.

    This girl seemed to appear in ever scene of my life. I was no longer shocked to see her, just annoyed, at this point.

    She didn't leave. No, what she did was kick sand right in my face. That was it, I wasn't taking it anymore. This had to come to and end.

    I stood up to face her, as her hand met my face.

    "Stay away from Ryan, w***e!" she shouted, her foul breath irriating my nose.

    "What are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes.

    How could she have known.

    "I saw you two last night. You kissed. If you ever even think about pulling that s**t again, I swear I'll throw you in that ocean." she gave me her ultimatum. "You don't even want Ryan! The only reason you want him is because I have him!"

    I kept calm as she shouted with anger. When she was finished, I did what I always wanted to do. That's right, I punched her so hard, she fell back onto her a*s.

    "Don't ever come at me like that," I put my finger in her face.

    "Erin, don't stoop to her level. You're a grown woman." Laurel stood up next to me.

     Rachel stood back up, and we entered an all-out brawl.

    "Stop!" Laurel pleaded, forcing her way between us. "Erin, let's go."

    She grabbed my arm and pulled me away before things could get any worse.

 

 

    I called Ryan to inform him on what had happened. He sounded shocked, and ashamed of his dear fiancee's little mishap. Within fifteen minutes, he arrived at my house. I snuck him past Kimmy, and up to my room.

    "Looks like she didn't do a lot of damage," he examined my skin for bruises.

    "I bruised her face," I smiled proudly.

    "Well, you do have a little scratch." he squinted at my face.

    "Where?"

    He gently touched my cheek, gazing into my eyes.

    "Right here."

    I didn't care what would happen, and neither did he. We leaned in slowly, our lips nearing each other. I felt his warm, coffee-scented breath on my cheek.

    "Erin!" Kimmy called up.

    We snapped back as quickly as possible, and I darted out of my room.

    "Laurel's here, get your sweater, we're going shopping!" she shouted.

    "Kimmy, can you go find my cell phone? I think it's in your room." I stalled. She came up the stairs and entered her room, closing the door.

    "Come on," I grabbed his hand and lead him down the stairs.

    "Ryan?" Laurel questioned, standing in the doorway.

    "I'll explain later." I moved past Laurel to allow Ryan to exit. "Bye, Ryan."

    "I'll talk to you later." he smiled and winked.

    God, he was adorable.

    "Explain now!" Laurel hissed.

    "I called him to snitch on Rachel, and he came over. No big deal." I huffed in annoyance. "Kimmy, I found my phone!"

    Ryan made me feel so happy. I didn't care what happened now. We shared a bond that nothing and no one could ever break. Rachel was wrong. I wasn't just out for revenge on her. I was doing what was right for me.

 



© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
feedback is seriously appreciated. I need motivation to keep writing. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think I better stop before I lose all my time today! Lol. But I'm really hooked, and I just LOVE Ryan! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


:O Wow!! This is really exciting, keep going!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2011
Last Updated on February 5, 2011


Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing