Chapter Fifteen: The She-Devil

Chapter Fifteen: The She-Devil

A Chapter by Karli
"

Chapter Fifteen of Hold Your Peace

"

    Drama hadn't stirred quite yet. Ryan and I continued seeing each other. He planned to break up with Rachel as soon as she returned from San Diego. She had gone to visit her parents for Thanksgiving.

    One night, Ryan took me to Olive Garden. Instead of reminiscing on our relationship, we built on it. Everything about us was so fresh, as it always had been. We were so comfortable together.

    I decided it was time to tell Kimmy and Laurel. I couldn't believe I hadn't done this earlier, but it was time. Kimmy suggested we all go down to the cafe for breakfast, so I would tell them then.

    "These bagels are absolutely delicious," Laurel spread cream cheese over her raisin bagel.

    "There's something I have to tell you guys." I just went for it.

    "It's about Ryan, isn't it?" Kimmy gave me a knowing look. "Be careful about him Erin."

    "Kimmy, you don't have to tell me to be careful anymore." I sighed. "Just hear me out."

    "Shoot." Laurel permissed.

    "About three weeks ago, we went for a walk in the rain, and we kissed. He told me he loved me. The next day, I wasn't really sick. He was there, and we decided to be together. We've been sneaking around these past few weeks, and he's going to break up with Rachel as soon as she gets back from San Diego." I spat out as quickly as I could.

    "You lied to us?" Kimmy looked hurt.

    "I'm sorry. I didn't think you would understand. You haven't been exactly in favor of my being in love with Ryan, you know." I reminded her.

    "You're right." she admitted. "I haven't, and I know I should've been. Erin, you're my baby sister. I hate seeing you hurt, and that's why I've been so overprotective. I know it's time for you to make your own decisions."

    "It has been for a long time." I laughed.

    "I know. I just didn't want to accept it. I believe in you, Erin." she touched my hand gently.

    "I knew this would happen eventually." Laurel shrugged casually. "You two are soul mates. Nothing in this world can keep you apart."

    "It's like you read my mind." I said.

    "Here comes trouble." Kimmy motioned to the door.

    Rachel?

    For the first time in a long time, I was shocked to see her.

    "Oh, God." I felt sick.

    She spotted me, gave me a dirty look, and turned her head. Thank God, she had the decency to stay away. It didn't take too long before she lost any trace of decency and stalked her way to my table.

    "Look." she placed her elbows on the table. "We obviously don't like each other, but I think we've come to an understanding. As long as you stay away from my fiance, we can be just fine."

    "That's nice." I looked away from her.

    "So stay away from him." she clenched her fists.

    I was so scared.

    Ha. Don't make me laugh. Don't.

    "Whatever." I refused to make conversation with someone who wasn't worth my breath.

    "If I find you near him-" she was cut off by Laurel.

    "Rachel, shut up. You're practically stalking her." Laurel snapped.

    Go, Laurel! She'd never stood up to Rachel before.

    "I don't know who you think you're talking to." Rachel flipped her hair over her shoulders.

    "I'm talking to the immature b***h that's insulting my friend. Grab your stuff and leave." Laurel asserted herself.

    As she and Rachel argued, I grabbed my cell phone to text Ryan. The bickering continued, so I messaged, "the she-devil's back. She's arguing with Laurel".

    Within three minutes, he texted back.

    "Tell her I said to meet me at my house," he had said.

    "Rachel," I stopped her mid-sentence. "Ryan said to meet him at his house."

    "How do you know?" she raised an eyebrow.

     "He just texted me," I showed her the message.

    "You have his number?" she gasped.

    "Sure do." I flaunted.

    "I'm so out of here." she stormed off.

    "Let the door hit you," I uttered angrily.

    "Gosh, she's horrible." Kimmy scoffed.

    I realized something that moment. Rachel wasn't just going to disappear. A real plan had to be put in action. With my partner in crime, Ryan, we could figure out something.

    Couldn't we?

   

   



© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
I'm getting close to the end, and I haven't stopped yet! I'm so excited:)
Once again, feedback keeps me motivated. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Getting close to the end!!!! So afraid that Rachel will do something drastic!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


yes yes I love it!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Omg! I love it

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 6, 2011


Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing