Chapter Twenty: Hold Your Peace

Chapter Twenty: Hold Your Peace

A Chapter by Karli
"

Chapter Twenty-The Final Chapter- of Hold Your Peace

"

    Eight Months Later

 

 

    “Knock, knock,” I heard a voice say. I spun around in my make-up chair to see Kimmy and Laurel beaming in my doorway.

    “Congratulations, honey!” Kimmy squealed and embraced me tightly. “I’m so proud of you, Erin. You have no idea.”

    “Thank you, dear.” I was glowing. My wedding day was finally here!

    “I brought you someone,” Laurel went back outside.

    I looked at Laurel to see that she was holding my three month old niece, Elizabeth. She was one of many bright lights that shone on my beautiful life.

    “Hi, Lizzie!” I squeaked and took the baby from Laurel’s arms.

    The day Kimmy had her baby, and we’d found out the doctors were wrong, we were ecstatic. I got my niece, Elizabeth, after all. Mark was perfectly happy, and spoiled the child.

    “Can I join?” I looked back at the doorway to see my beaming mother.

    “Mom!” I jumped up and hugged her tightly.

   “Congratulations, sweetie!” she cooed. “Your father and his wife are downstairs already, helping set up the reception.”

    “Good. I have nothing to worry about.” I spun around to gaze upon my dress.

    “You’re going to have a beautiful wedding.” Laurel sighed. “It’s your biggest dream to marry on the beach of North Carolina, isn’t it?”

    “Correction,” I laughed. “It’s my biggest dream to marry Ryan. Everything else if just details.”

    “Right, my bad.” Laurel unzipped the cover on my dress. “Get in it.”

    “The wedding doesn’t start for another two hours, Laur.” I poked her teasingly. “I can wait a bit.”

    “Are you excited?” Kimmy asked, cradling her daughter.

    “I am,” I felt overwhelmed with joy. “Mostly, I’m excited to see Ryan.”

    “You’re excited to see him?” Kimmy burst into a fit of laughter. “Erin, you see him every day.”

    “I know. I love seeing him.” I explained. “Plus, today is going to be the best day of our lives, and we get to spend it together. What could be better than that?”

    “You are exactly the way I was back on my wedding day.” Kimmy shook out her hair.

   “Kim, you act as if you got married like fifty years ago. It’s barely been two years.” I responded, bursting her bubble.

    “Don’t rain on my parade, sis.” she joked.

    “Where’s the bride?” I heard a voice. I turned to see Mark standing in the doorway, his arms wide open.

    I went over to hug him, and he set a wedding gift on my make-up table.

    My picture of Ryan and I on are first date was sitting on the table. I kept giving it a glance, feeling a boost of happiness every time. Never in my life had I felt this…perfect.

    We all sat down to have breakfast quickly before I put on my dress. It was so beautiful. My sister had helped me chose it. We chose the one in the front window. I admired it’s strapless figure, and how the seams sort of were attracted to each other. When I wore it, I’d never felt more beautiful in my life, and I knew Ryan would feel the same way.

    “It’s time.” Kimmy looked at the clock. “Are you ready to be married?”

    “Of course.” I had never been more sure of anything in my life.

 

    “Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high,” the singer sang, playing his ukelele. Ever since I was younger, I’d wanted that song be the one I walked down the aisle to.

    The scene was perfect. My bare feet sank a bit into the smooth sand as I strolled. The waves attempted to greet our ceremony, but failed. Right in my sight, Ryan stood, in a glistening white suit, with a pearly white smile to match it. He’d never looked better in his life.

    “Some day, I’ll wish upon a star,” the singer went on as I reached the aisle. My father released my arm from his grasp, sending me away. Ryan softly took my hand and gave me a smile as we approached the minister. “Oh, dreams come true.

    “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today,” the minister began. I heard nothing after that. My attention was centered on Ryan, who mouthed the words “I love you” to me. I returned the compliment and squeezed his hand.

    Was my dream really coming true? I knew it was. It didn’t feel like a dream. Dreams were amazing, but they weren’t this perfect. This was my own little piece of Heaven that God had brought me to.

    “Speak now, or forever hold your peace,” the minister brought my attention. I didn’t even need to look for hesitant faces. Everyone here knew we belonged together.

    The rest of the ceremony, I felt as if no one else was truly there. Ryan and I were just spirits, linking together, hearing a voice from the outside world. This was how our love was, completely at peace.

    “Ryan,” the minister winked. “You may kiss your bride.”

    We immediately leaned in, wrapped our arms around each other, and kissed. I never wanted to move, but we knew we had to. After all, we were about to be on a three-week cruise through the South Pacific. We’d have plenty of time later.

    “Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you, Mr. and Mrs. Drake!” the minister cheered. Everyone applauded and cheered along as Ryan and I made our way down the aisle together.

    “I love you.” Ryan was grinning from ear to ear as the photographers got their shots in.

 

 

     The reception was the best time of my life. Our first dance was to my favorite song, Make You Feel My Love. He agreed to dance to every song I asked him to. Our last dance was a tropical song, and we danced together at the edge of the sea.

    “It’s time to go,” Ryan came behind me and wrapped his arm around my waist. “You ready?”

    “I’m ready.” I nodded and kissed him.

    “Come back soon!” Kimmy hugged me, and I kissed Elizabeth.

    “Laurel!” I went to find my friend.

    “I’m so glad to have you as an addition to the family.” Laurel had a tear running down her cheek. She hugged me tightly. “You’re amazing Erin.”

    “I love you, Laurel.” I let a tear fall.

    This journey would’ve been so much more difficult without Kimmy and Laurel by my side.

    “Bye Laurel.” Ryan leaned down, and kissed her cheek. “You’re my favorite cousin.”

    “You’ve always been mine.” she grinned.

    We finished our goodbyes and headed out to our limo. On the back, the words “Just Married” were painted in red and gold, my favorite colors.

    “We did it!” he cheered and we cuddled up next to each other in the limo.

    “I love you, Ryan.” I leaned up to kiss him again.

    “I love you to, Mrs. Drake.” he kissed my forehead.

    I had learned so much these past few years. If love is meant to work out, it will work out for the best. Friendship is crucial in life, even with your partner. I knew that this marriage would work out, and my soul mate, Ryan, would always be there to catch me when I fell.

    As we rode off into the night, everything felt perfect. The world was at peace, and I had everything I needed. I guess some things in life really did work out, even when all hope was gone.

    I was at peace.



© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
So, this was the final chapter. I almost cried finishing it, because I've been trying to write a book for years, and I loved writing this so much. So, feedback is appreciated:) Thanks for reading. I don't want to let go of these characters.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So, I can't say anything because I'm speechless. All I can say is that I love this, and great job! You did it, Karli! You finished a book, and it's amazing! This was a beautiful ending! I have nothing else to say. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aww...they ended up together....I love happy endings :) I loved the story. beautifully written :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a really great book, it held your attention the whole time and you always wanted more!
I really love how she gets married on a beach and walks to Somewhere over the rainbow, it is like really happy and romantic!
a suggestion, I would have some sort of happy thing for rachel to happen somewhere in this chapter.
Loved this book, and sad its over! hope you publish it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ohhhh, NOW I get the title of the book. "Speak now, or forever Hold Your Peace." ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was an amazing book! Great job! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's finished! Woohoo! lol :)

I loved this book! You did a really nice job. I hope you can get it published.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 6, 2011
Tags: love, soul mates, weddings, North Carolina, limos


Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing