Chapter 6: Remember Good and Bad

Chapter 6: Remember Good and Bad

A Chapter by Knoxxeh

    Grandmothers house was in the woods of the woods, she liked the thought of seclusion away from all the people of Charleston. As much as she liked it the towns people liked it even better but god forbid she ever figures that out. Everyone was nice to her even though she was always in a bad mood, respect your elders the people would say to me. My grandmother isn't a terrible person she just has a wit about her, a very bad wit. People seem to look at the negative of things they never look at the good things in Charleston. I think on the subject and though I do love my grandmother, she isn't the best example because I cant think of one good thing. Being around her was only in tough times like when my grandfather died or me and my sister needed a place to stay. My grandmother might have been heartless but she never turned her back on my sister and I when we needed it most. Now in my life shes the only person I have, no mother or father and my sister could be dead.
    As I think about all this I listen to the sound of the little snow that had fallen last night to crunch under my feet. I listen to birds sing in the some what frigid air, I can hardly see my breath but it's still visible. I had thought about stuff that Rose had said in the woods about seeing ghosts. The feeling of being followed seemed to haunt me since then, I had slept outside in the cold instead of going back to the inn. Now that I think about it the house I now own would have seemed better, but my feet have yet to want to step foot in there. I have seen it the outside but the thought of actually walking in side made my skin crawl.
    The memories of beating after beating, the cries of me and my sister for help and nothing no one came. The towns people knew about the things inside the walls of the Crippen house, but they turn thier heads to our black eyes and fat lips. They except our excuses of bullshit, even though they see the look of desperation on my face and signs of tears in Emily's eyes. The hate that had boiled in me for them and for my parents I had pushed far away. All the hate seems to resurface and all I can do in the woods still is scream. I yell into the nothing and unknown just so maybe someone can feel the pain I feel. "I HATE YOU." I scream to the world but then take a step back and breath.
    The echo I heard but after was silence and that's what I need, I need some quiet to calm my feeling down. I think back to my sister how much I loved her, how we always stuck with each other and helped each other through stuff. I left her, and just like that my anger turned to sadness and tears fell into the snow melting what they touched. I keep walking still trying to get to my grandmother's.
    Rose, how she always seemed to care for me and Emily and tried her best to help us out when ever she could. Hate grew again inside but not towards anyone else but me, Rose was frightened last night and I turned away and let her face it alone and she never did that to me. She never did that to anyone and no one not even me can give her the same respect. I truly hope that doesn't make me a bad person but the more I think about it the more I decide it does. My foot lands on a step, and as I look up I see my grandmothers house. Its time to see the only other person I have that may know exactly how I feel.



© 2012 Knoxxeh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was really good. I feel bad for him because he really has no one left in a way. i can't wait to meet his grandmother. From the way she's discribed in this chapter i don't think it's going to go that smoothly but i guess i'll have to wait and see. Great job :)

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Julie Beth
.memberID. 014
.name. Julie
.username. polarjulie32
.novels. Unexpected
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 07-15-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great chapter to explore ones self. I felt I was living ny nightmare of my own past. Very, very dark past. So dark no relitives will speak of it, knowing now how ashamed they are to this day. They regret they themselves have done nothing. Yet it has made me stronger without them. Moving on

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the thoughts about his grandmother. Allowing the reader to feel his desire for some kind of understanding. No weakness in the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agreed with Ana.008 completely. You didn't a lot more telling than showing. You also might want to reread this because you got some grammar error. Also I felt like you kind of rush this one. You take your time. Other than that good job I can't wait to read the next chapter, because I really want to meet the grandma.
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .quan.011.
.memberID. 011
.name. Quan
.username. Qmembers
.novels. Imperfect Humans, Imperfect Weapons
.status. Early Reader, noelwrimo Contestant
.noelwrimo. 24,796
.join date. 05-29-11


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i dont know if i liek the transitiion from the last chapter to this one. i feel like it was.... i dont know just the style seems to change a bit.although i would like to meet his grandmother. i feel like this chapter would be better if you in some way tried to show his "messed up" personality more in the way that he talks. this is one of those times you told insted of showed as compared to the last chapter wich was showing :) anyway i really like the story line i think your doing a great job at getting the reader hooked and using great forshadowing! cant wait for the next chapter! put it up soon or ill just die! ok maybe not but ill be sad.
.display. .ana.008.
.memberID. 008
.name. Arianna
.username. nerdypenguin2427
.novels. Right Side Up, The Bigger Sister, Fear
.status. Novelist, Role Model
.join date. 04-03-2011

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was really good. I feel bad for him because he really has no one left in a way. i can't wait to meet his grandmother. From the way she's discribed in this chapter i don't think it's going to go that smoothly but i guess i'll have to wait and see. Great job :)

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Julie Beth
.memberID. 014
.name. Julie
.username. polarjulie32
.novels. Unexpected
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 07-15-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

523 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2012
Last Updated on February 26, 2012


Author

Knoxxeh
Knoxxeh

Farmington, NY



About
Hello my name is Wesley, i am a writer and i will always be a writer its my favorite thing to do because life can be boring at times but i can create a world where i can do anything be anybody that's .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Journal 4: My Parents Journal 4: My Parents

A Chapter by Pax


strange love affair strange love affair

A Chapter by Pax