16 & pregnant: My story

16 & pregnant: My story

A Story by Kiani
"

My short story of how I learned I was pregnant and the complications that come with it. If you want to follow me I'll be writing in my blog sometimes.

"

You’ve heard everywhere about teen girls ending up pregnant and choosing abortions, adoption or trying to make it work with the father only to have it end up badly. Then there’s the small percent that stay with the father and get married or just stay with the father in general. I like to think of myself as one of the lucky ones. First I’d like to tell you a little about me. My name is Kiki I’m sixteen years old and I currently live in Poland. I’m a typical teenage girl and I enjoy hanging out with my friends, listening to music, and going to the movies. I’m an avid reader, writer and I sketch a lot. My mom is my life and she always supports me no matter the ridiculous situation I may be in. I also have family that lives in America, my Aunt Hanna lives in Pennsylvania and I visit her and my cousins during the summer. I participate in sports here in Poland and in America. I’m a big fan of American football and baseball. Unfortunately things are about to change tremendously. You can probably tell from the title that I’m pregnant and this is my story. As I said I’m sixteen and I am engaged to my boyfriend of three years Jacek. Jacek and I met when I was just about to turn fourteen and he was sixteen. We had our ups and downs and at many times I thought about just giving up, after all we were only teens and this probably wouldn’t last forever. I’m really glad I never gave up because Jacek has helped me through so many things and I feel a true connection to him. The first year we dated we spent our time getting to know each other and we were basically just really close friends. The second year we got closer and I had my first kiss with him. Sparks flew and at that moment I knew Jacek was the one for me. We spent a lot of the summer at his parent’s lake house (with them). When he turned eighteen in July our parents tried to split us up. My dad wasn’t very fond of Jacek and still isn’t. Since then we snuck around until I got pregnant and his mom found out. February of 2011 Jacek and I had sex for the first time. That’s also when I conceived our son. It wasn’t till the second month that I realized I was actually pregnant. I had so many mixed emotions when I found out. I wanted to just run away and hide. I felt like such an outcast and an embarrassment to my family and friends. I had contemplated abortion but how could I kill a human, especially one living inside me. After a long talk we both decided that keeping the baby is something we want to do. For a while we tried to hide the fact that I was pregnant but Jacek’s mom eventually found out. She freaked out at me calling me a s**t and a worthless piece of s**t. I was so disgusted with myself for letting this happen that I attempted to kill myself that night. Thankfully Jacek had come over and was staying with me that night. My family wasn’t really there for me during that time so I ended up moving into Jacek’s apartment. Everything was so emotional those few weeks. We went to doctor’s appointments almost every day because they thought something was wrong with the baby. All kinds of things were going wrong with me too. They took blood test and found things wrong with my hormone levels making me even more stressed. We would spend nights staying up crying because of everything going wrong. That’s were things catch up. I’m learning to face reality and its hardships. Currently I’m still living with Jacek and the doctor has ruled out any complications with me and the baby. I still have doubts and get depressed sometimes but it only reminds me of the joys that will come along after he’s born. I’ll get to hold my baby close and love him with all my heart. Teach him all kinds of things and watch him reach his milestones. Not to say that getting pregnant at a young age is something you should do but if you happen to become pregnant you can always make the best of it. I feel so blessed to have my loving family, soon to be husband and my baby boy.

© 2011 Kiani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is good

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
1 Review
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 5, 2011

Author

Kiani
Kiani

Zagon, Suwalki, Poland



About
You can call me KiKi. I'm sixteen years old and like to write romance and fiction stories. I live in Poland during winter and fall. I'm outgoing and will talk to anyone. I love to just sit and write o.. more..

Writing
A Life Lost A Life Lost

A Poem by Kiani