War for love (Part 1)

War for love (Part 1)

A Story by KoolCid
"

Alex a shy skiddish fox meets his best friend

"
Yes this is a furry romance story -No-Smut- Dont Like Dont Read Blah Blah Blah

I saw Derek for the first time in 1st grade he was a grey wolf never talked to anyone, being new to the school I sat down next to him opening my lunch. 
"What do you want?" He asked his voice rough and demanding even at his young age.
"N-Nothing I-I just saw you si-im sorry" I was always a skiddish fox being taught to run to my family when danger approached being the youngest of 4 brothers years older than me. I started to get up leaving the bench. 
"What's your name?" I asked hoping to at least make a friend or enemy.
I stood there looking at the mysterious wolf for a while finally sitting next to him once again. Starting to eat my lunch offering him some meat from my lunch before he said anything.
"Derek" He said taking a bite. 
"Alex" I said, I don't remember much as we talked him saying to little to no words.
As we grew up he eventually opened up having conversations with me, i think in the third grade he would answer me with sentences. I eventually began to peice together why he was always so quiet. He was heavily abused by his father occaisionally running away only to be returned to get beaten by the people that where supposed to help him. Me not so willing to meeting new people and him saying nothing to anyone but me we grew a unsepratable bond. He lived at my house mostly when we got older just barely going into highschool he moved in with me staying in a guest house we had in the backyard. The memories blur together thinking back on it. We went into high school getting close to the same schedule, my favorite class was science not because of the class but because he sat next to me meaning I usually didn't have to confront as many people when we had group projects because I could do the work alone and get an A+ no surprise since he never paid attention during class. About a week before school ended he didn't come home, figuring he stayed behind I worked on math the only subject I had trouble with. The front door opened my oldest brother who was going into the army came home throwing his stuff on the floor as he came in looking at my homework. Now my oldest brother was always protective to the point of obsession. Him being the oldest my father Chris who was a vetran taught him to protect us (mostly me as my twins both were academically and physically trained to the point of perfection) from everything including our hearts. Dad always said "Hearts lead to corruption, Corruption leads to failure, Failure leads to death." I worked in silent as he gave me a nudge. 
"What use will grades give you in a fight." He said pulling my homework forcefully from my hand.
"What use will muscles do you if you can't think?" I said meeting his stern gaze that became his natural expression. All of my family looked similar red fur black paws that looked like mittens but we had a light blue tint on our underbellies. My brother wearing a T-Shirt his blond hair kept messily under my dads old marine cap.
"Im leaving in a damned month I won't leave you defenseless especially when you can't fight back when threatened!" He shouted quickly getting angery.
"Ill be fine Daten." I said staring at him. He turned away scoffing for a split-second before turning pushing me off my chair and into a fight like he always tried to do. My brother loved to fight but I got to admit he was smart about when to make sure he never got caught he fought when him and the other person was alone and made sure to leave the person in no condition to talk or even remember him if he was pissed. I pushed myself off the ground quickly just as I stood up he tried to hit my stomach. Now he wouldn't do major harm but still didn't hurt anyless as he landed the blow I fell backwards, not going easy he walked up to me attempting to kick me. I got used to him trying to push me on the offensive but he got more pissed when I ran instead of fighting thinking quickly I ducked messily rolling under his foot where I quickly got up and ran into the living room. There was one rule in this house if you end up fighting and a fox leaves successfully escaping you won and it was over. Now my brother while pushing me into fights with him where I always ran, He took this rule to heart as he unballed his fist picking up his stuff and heading to his room. Fighting was not unrare in this house our parents used to it as foxes are territorial and have a hair triggerline. I went into the bathroom washing the blood from my cheek as I hear the front door opening once again. "Prince? John?" I yelled getting no answer. "Derek?" I asked looking at the time 5:43 he probably is walking home.
I walked out seeing Derek on the floor his back slashed with red streaks of blood. 
"DATEN!"I screamed quickly putting his arm around my neck helping/pulling him to the couch. I ran almost instictivly setting him on the couch then running to grab a first-aid kit. Looking at the wounds they would be painful yet he would live through them. A alerted Daten came down grabbing his colt checking to see whoever was threatening his home, finding noone he pushed me aside stitching up Derek in a extremly painful process. After what felt like an eternity watching Daten, even longer for Derek hearing him grunt in extreme pain Daten got up giving Derek pain releivers. Derek fell asleep Daten gaurding the house thinking whoever did this was shortly behind. After deciding the house was safe Daten left going to the police station to file a report saying that he'll be back in a hour.
I stayed there waiting for a few minutes finally seeing Derek stir as he turned his head towards me saddend.
"Who did this to you?!" I demand trying to keep my calm. 
"Im fine I got hit and runned by some prick." He said revealing the tire marks scarring his back.
Now that was the last thing i expected because Derek was a pretty mean guy hell he looked like he could take even my brother without getting a scratch. 
"Well Datens heading to the station to file a report with the cops will talk to you so take a bath and come out and talk to them." I said knowing from the days daton got stitches that its best to keep them clean.
"Yes mother." He said in his sarcastic rough tone that he took when he thinks im being paranoid.

A few years later at the start of our senior year we both got a place at a apartment complex both of us working like crazy to pay the rent and go to school but worth it. The cops said they found the hit&runner who turned out to be a alchoholic who got 86'ed from a bar after having too many. I felt happy as I heard the news knowing that the b*****d wouldn't get away with it. As I waited for Derek to get home I lied down on the couch watching tv. Derek had less free time then me as I went to work at my two jobs and then had a 2 hour class, whereas he would goto his 7 hour medical classes before going to a job as a construction worker. I won't tell him but I missed him everytime he left after that incident i would turn on the tv before picking at my nails him never leaving my mind. I knew how I felt I wasn't stupid nieve and trusting, but not stupid. I knew I was in love but never had the guts to tell him meaning I often settled for talking with him biting my tongue, the only thing I feared more than him finding someone else the thought of him with someone else became comforting knowing that losing him forever was too unbearable. I sat there watching tv when I heard the door open closing with a slam.
I jumped slightly. "Derek" I call out  worried as I get out exiting my room. I walked out seeing him flop onto the couch letting out a frustrated sigh.
"Derek you ok?" I ask worried seeing he was covered in dirt and mud. 
"Y-yea just hard day at work." He said me sitting on the chair next to the couch as I eyeing him suspiciously. He came home dirty a lot but this was wierd dry mud cluttered his fur to a unusual degree like he rolled in it. 
"Bullcrap, you have hard days but you never came in here like this you always shower before you leave work" I say picking a clump of dirt off his paw playfully.
"I-i Fell into some mud we were digging out for a foundation" He said with a hint of anxiety in his voice that used to remain a mystery but now it comis out clear as day. 
"Ill make dinner you wash up." I say blushing slighty, turning into the kitchen starting to make food.
"Fine, mom" He said like a overexagerated teenager.
"I can and will ground you" I say chuckling as i joke.
"You can't" He said picking himself off the couch heading to his room.
"Then I'll literally put you in the ground" I said rolling my eyes. 
He said coming out throwing his clothes into the bathroom, stepping inside. I took out a pizza after eyeing in the fridge determining nothing else was good. I sat on the couch waiting for the pizza to cook, pulling it out as he came out without a shirt.
"I need to wash my shirts soon." He says walking out.
"I'll get them I have to go to work in a hour later anyways." I said taking a piece. I worked at a laundromat mostly maintenece for the machines on the occaision one breaks but mostly making sure noone stole our precious 25 cent soap but hey the pay is alright and gives me time to do homework. I walk around the house finding my uniform aka a T-shirt and toolbelt which I just carry around since my tools are supplied and I have to show up with it when in retrospect Derek does his own laundry more than I use it. So once a month? Anyways I carried it out scrambling for my keys finding them on the counter. Derek was sleeping on the couch when I threw a coin at him stiring him up.
"Where's your laundry I got to be at work in 10 minutes." I said smiling at the idea that I am doing enough work for a army.
"D-door" He said sleepily turning onto his side.
I looked seeing a bag filled with shirts, I pick them up loading them into the trunk. Derek must be exhausted not even the old "Coin game" worked in waking him up. The "Coin Game" is a thing we made up way back in 4th grade when he spent the night we would throw coins at each other during the night until you wake up the catch being you have to pay the person 5x for every coin that hits you and you dont wake up. 
I got home at 12 when the ladromat closes excited that both me and derek have the whole day off, I enter the apartment seeing the tv on Derek watching it lying on his side.
"Welcome home dude can I talk to you real quick?" He said noticing me almost instantly. Don't get me wrong he was probably the smartest people you can meet when he puts his mind to it but if he gets used to something he starts forgeting when they occur aka hes waiting for me. I toss his clothes next to his desk that stands below a window. 
"Sure" I say taking a seat in my chair.
"Well i've been thinking why do you care about me?" He said throwing me off guard as he is usually confident this broke his character entirly.
"B-because your my friend" I say blushing, my heart slowly beating faster.
"N-no you look at me way different from just a friend only one person cares for me like you do and he's still in preschool" He said refering to his brother who idolized him in every way and probably the only person who worried about his brother.
"Your my best friend of course I care." I say anxious to change the subject.
"You know what I mean you looked out for me since we met but why?" He said sitting up patting the couch implying my to sit next to him. I got up and sat next to him. I felt every muscle in my body tell me to run, my heart is pounding out of my chest.
"Why do you care?" He said slowly his muzzle inches from mine.
Call it heat of the moment, call it snapping. But I kissed him, I blushed pretty sure the red fur on my cheeks was darkening because of it. I expected to get pushed back and see him run I was surprised even more when he kissed back, after we stopped we stared at each other like neither one of us knew what to do which we didn't again we never went out nearly at all so we never dated before. We eventually put on a movie me laying on top of him my head pressed on his chest.
"I was afraid you liked me." He said into my ear.
"Why?" I said looking up into his eyes.
"Because im leaving after this year." He said pulling out a letter stamped  by the secretary of defense.

© 2016 KoolCid


Author's Note

KoolCid
My first story ever don't hate for pointless reasons.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on June 25, 2016
Last Updated on June 25, 2016
Tags: Gay, Romance, No Smut, SFW, Furry

Author

KoolCid
KoolCid

Phoenix, AZ



About
Im a Furry who writes Love Stories because I hate 90% of people. more..