Celestial Marriage

Celestial Marriage

A Poem by Anaisa
"

The love story of the sun & the moon in a poem.

"
She sweeps across the sky, golden dress trailing fire,
majestic in her dance, mesmerizing in all her splendor.
Rushing to meet her elusive lover, hoping for a glimpse of
his silver countenance...

He rises from his slumber, mysterious in his many faces, alluring in all his darkness, eagerly making his ascent... Yearning to cover his beloved in his cloak of twinkling moon dust... Replacing her golden dress with one of stars.

And finally they meet.

Face to face, lips to lips. Glorious in their joining, enduring in all their love. A cosmic miracle blessing the world with their wondrous connection. A celestial marriage to last for eternity... Renewing their vows & promises until they meet again.



© 2019 Anaisa


Author's Note

Anaisa
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Usually, the sun is considered male (Apollo), the moon female (Luna) but I like the way you reversed the roles; it works. There's so much passion in this poem, it's almost tangible. Anyone in love will be amazed at the accuracy of the descriptive imagery, thinking, "That's really how I feel." Anyone not in love will wonder whether one day they'll be lucky enough to feel such intense emotions.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Added on March 29, 2019
Last Updated on March 29, 2019
Tags: Love, sun, moon, poetry, lover

Author

Anaisa
Anaisa

PA



About
I love to read. I used to love to write just as much. Trying to get back to that. I welcome any constructive criticism or opinions and will be happy to do the same :) more..

Writing
There I'll Be There I'll Be

A Poem by Anaisa