Episode 1 Intro: Life of a Hangman

Episode 1 Intro: Life of a Hangman

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

Logun was a homeless boy who wandered into the city of Acrisius. Proceed to learn more about the city.

"

Episode 1

Life of a Hangman

Intro



There once was a lonely little boy who scavenged around the big city. The big city was known as Acrisius. Acrisius was such a fine city and such a peaceful one too. The little boy was at the age of eleven but boy oh boy he was dirty. Who would want to pay attention to a little boy who was covered in dirt, trash, and waste?


No more naughty people, no more danger, no more bad people, and no more trouble. The society had become such a marvelous utopia for what every man had wished for. Acrisius was vastly stunning to the eye of any citizen. It was covered by pedestrians, business, and vast buildings. The roaring cars followed the rules of traffic quite perfectly. They followed the tall signs, the bright lights, and the regulations. But could the visuals and peaceful system of Acrisius cheer him up? Of course not. He had been a custom to the life of waste and trash for several months. Did he not care being in the life of a slum? Of course he did not, it was his way of living. What was the name of this dirty and worthless piece of trash that walked in such a peaceful place? That’s right, his name was Logun.


Look at Logun’s face, was that the face of a happy boy. No, people should be happy, but why was he not happy at all? Everybody was blissfully happy but why him, why was Logun not happy under that trash and heap of junk?


Logun could not bare to sleep under the dark and muddy alley anymore and decided to leave the narrow path for a little bit of fresh air. He covered his delicate eyes under the bright sun with his dirty and dry hands. These hands were dry to the bone but were covered by black gloves with holes. He turned to the left, he saw the ordinary pedestrians of Acrisius walk straight forward. He turned to the right, he saw more pedestrians of Acrisius walk straight forward as well.


No one paid any attention to the little boy. Who saw his black unkempt hair that was so scraggly and dirty? It was short but it wasn’t kept maintained at all. Of course dirty kids don’t care about messy hairs but should there be dirty kids in Acrisius?


No, of course not, what could possibly go wrong with such a dirty little problem? Oh Acrisius itself knows. It knows alright. It knows a grand solution to whatever problems it has. But look at the sun. It disappeared! Oh no, where did the bright sun go which turned into a black eclipse? Someone has to answer that, but there are no pedestrians. There are no mobile cars, and there is no sun. Only the little Logun had to walk all alone.


The only answer to those questions was that Logun was in such a dark place, a place with no hope, and a dangerous one too. It was what was known as the Underworld, a parallel world that represented the other side....of Acrisius.


Crash, Boom, Pow. The buildings itself were twisting so hastily and combusting. The debris levitated and churned violently. The sidewalk became flexible and bent like a snake. The cars flipped upside down and vibrated so violently.


Clank!


The lamp post that was ahead of Logun twisted and fell into pieces. There was blood that sprayed out of the broken shards of the light. Out came more blood that spilled onto the broken sidewalk that Logun stood on. Sure Logun was surprised but he did not freak out, he did not attempt to run away, but he only waited for more.


The blood began to unite into one being. That being looked like a tall man to Logun. He could hear laughing, screaming, and chaos beyond the background of the underworld.


“A ha ha ha ha ha ha!” the bloody man laughed in a low voice. He wore dark green robes, small round glasses, white wraps around his hands, black baggy pants, and leather boots. His red liquid face eventually revealed to look like such a regular human being. He had blonde semi layered hair that was parted and medium. Above that scruffy short beard was a smile. No, that was just a grin. No, that was a grin of evil, and a grin of a murderer.


Under each hand of the bloody man was one knife buried inside of his flesh. Ew who would have a knife inside of a wrist? It was sure nasty but it was not painful for the bloody man himself. His own flesh expelled each knife before he caught each one with his hands. The bloody man was standing with each blood dripping knife in his hand facing Logun. The blood splattered heavily from his open flesh.


“Who are you?” asked the bloody man.


“Logun.” The little boy answered honestly.


“Aw, what a cute name for a little boy like you, covered in trash, waste, and dirt,” The bloody man said. “But do you know what you have committed?”


Logun did not answer to the bloody man who now spun his knives around his fingers. He walked closer to Logun, his grip on those knives grew tighter, and the environment began to close in quickly onto them.


“You have disturbed the peace and committed theft. Do you have any last words?” asked the bloody man. And without thinking, Logun said his “final words.”


Beware of the very thought of your own

The punishment is not very unknown


The peace that you have been in for so long

Will be taken away due to their wrong”


Said Logun. Wait, the bloody man no longer had his knives in his hands. They sunk back into his flesh.


“Make sure you never break the law

or the Hangman will break you raw


But if you do ever see one

There is nowhere to run.”


The bloody man was surprised that such terms came from a young boy as Logun.


“Yes I am. Where did you hear that Logun? Did you make that up?” asked the bloody man. Silly bloody man, doesn’t he know that the boy isn’t silly at all. Logun couldn’t possibly be a new target for the bloody man. He didn’t even answer the bloody man’s questions at all. Instead, he stood back closeting himself under his own darkness.


“I suppose we can save it all for the boss Logun. I am Crimson by the way, and you must.....”


“Aren’t you gonna kill me Crimson?” Logun asked hastily. Once again, he surprised Crimson. This time, he made Crimson laugh louder, louder, and louder. Suddenly the road began to curve toward both Crimson and Logun.


Crash, boom, clank, pow.


The environment quickly turned against Crimson and Logun. The buildings then collapsed and the debris came in closer. It was clear that the underworld was not happy at all.


“Of course not, but we would both be killed if we stood here any longer. Come on, let’s go Logun, you have to meet our boss, Carnegie Spree” said Crimson.



© 2013 Xerclipse


Author's Note

Xerclipse
Well I've been out from Writer's cafe for a long time. What do you think?


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like your characters; their names are wonderful :) Also, your description of the city is wonderful! I like how I am able to get a mental picture of the surroundings, as well as the people who live there.

"been a custom of" I wonder if you meant "become accustomed to"?

"could not bare to sleep" did you mean "bear"?

Nothing major, very well written!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Xerclipse

10 Years Ago

hhhmmm that's wierd. I'm still sure bare is right!
Jayde Of Ariston

10 Years Ago

Here's Webster's dictionary :) There are quite a few tricky words like this. http://i.word.com/idict.. read more
Jayde Of Ariston

10 Years Ago

"Bare" would have been used in middle-english i believe, but it is no longer the accepted word.



Reviews

Would this be a apocalypses? Why r the buildings falling? You have great description but u need to better adjust the image of the characters.....meaning describe their physical appearance, and I don't mean the hair, or eyes, which you have clearly clarified he has dirty black hair. For example, "the child is no ordinary child, with clumpy lean black hair that covers his baby face it is very noticeable that he rarely smiles upon his existence since he clearly does not care for his appearance. He is a queer child who is not noticeable among the crowd due to his height, nonetheless who would glance at such dirty filth....." This is one of the examples. Also the setting should be more realistic, such as where are you located? Is this New York? Los Angeles? Are the building graffitied? This would help get a better view of the setting......however great horror story plot. Very organized, and the sound of the story is very realistic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Xerclipse

10 Years Ago

It is in a fictional city. I tried to keep some of those details that you asked for a mystery so it .. read more
This is very different and interesting so far. I'm guessing he will become a hangman now?

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very entertaining chapter. Logan had balls of steel. No fear. I like the reaction of Crimson. Accepting the boy with laughter. Thank you for the outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Xerclipse

10 Years Ago

Thanks ;) but then the story rages on and on for this volume. If you have time... Enjoy the rest of .. read more
Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I will tonight. I'm babysitting now. Hard to think with kids running wild..
I really like your characters; their names are wonderful :) Also, your description of the city is wonderful! I like how I am able to get a mental picture of the surroundings, as well as the people who live there.

"been a custom of" I wonder if you meant "become accustomed to"?

"could not bare to sleep" did you mean "bear"?

Nothing major, very well written!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Xerclipse

10 Years Ago

hhhmmm that's wierd. I'm still sure bare is right!
Jayde Of Ariston

10 Years Ago

Here's Webster's dictionary :) There are quite a few tricky words like this. http://i.word.com/idict.. read more
Jayde Of Ariston

10 Years Ago

"Bare" would have been used in middle-english i believe, but it is no longer the accepted word.
Great so far, I like your imagination :D
Really descriptive.
Crimson seems like quite the intriguing character too!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thanks Anubis. and yes I would agree Crimson is quite intriguing.
Will be taken away due to their wrong”


Said Logun.


the spacing there isnt right


thats all I saw :) great book so far

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thanks, this means a lot from an old friend. Guess I will have to change the spacing.
Taylor H.

11 Years Ago

just connect it :)
I love the world that you built for this story! It's very intriguing with it's perfect utopia and lone little boy in the streets. Oh, and there's also a bloody man who takes criminals! It's really cool so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

lol you mean crimson? well it gets cool later on in the story. the place is a utopia but as you saw .. read more
I usually don't read stories like this; with so much blood and action -
BUT
this one made me view these stories in a whole new light.
I thought this was really really good!!!
It honestly makes me want to read more,
I can actually visualize everything that is happening
great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thanks so much. Im glad I opened a new light for you. I do hope you read more because it gets intere.. read more
I just head to check it out and since i was in the neighborhood anyway i said lets see what my friend was writing and perhaps he would send some his friends to me. Glad i stopped because once again you intrigue me with a new story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thank you for stopping Shep. Im glad you are at least intriuged by the new story.
I finally have time to read your new story! GREAT!! It's still a draft, though, so there are some errors. These are some things you might want to consider when you edit...again(?):
-Who saw his black, unkempt hair that was so scraggly and dirty.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Writer #00

11 Years Ago

WC isn't letting me post all of my review...
Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thank you for reading the story. It is still a draft, you're right about that.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1158 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 20, 2013
Last Updated on April 14, 2013
Tags: Logun, City, Crimson, Blood, Confront, Hangman, Carnegie, Spree
Previous Versions


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


old fashion romantic old fashion romantic

A Chapter by Pax