Episode 1 Intro: Life of a Hangman

Episode 1 Intro: Life of a Hangman

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

Logun was a homeless boy who wandered into the city of Acrisius. Proceed to learn more about the city.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Episode 1 Intro: Life of a Hangman.



Episode 1

Life of a Hangman

(Intro)



He was at the age of eleven, wandering aimlessly into unfamiliar territory. His jacket that he had scavenged for clothing, his baggy pants that had open holes and blood stains, and his unkempt hair made him stood out of the crowd. Everything was so ordinary, very blank, and very structured. He never assumed anything about the city he traveled to. In fact learning about the city was not in his interest. He would rather not interact with anything at all. If the city were to turn against him, that would be the least of his worries he thought to himself. Did it really matter considering the scars and fresh cuts that he bares?


The city itself was alive, it had pedestrians, cars, and broadcasts. The people walked casually, the cars drove straight according to traffic rules, the broadcasts played opera. He did not care if anyone paid attention to him but he would rather not talk to anyone at all. It’s been days since he never ate a fresh cooked meal on a plate, instead he was reserved to eating scraps and wildlife. Who cared about such a young boy who was considered scum? Who wanted to take care of a young boy who never had positive attention? Oh there is hope for the boy, but is it really hope?


The city itself was alive, the pedestrians, cars, and broadcasts have all distorted according to his perspective. The vision did raise a mild curiosity of the young boy, but what did it mean? The city turned silent all of a sudden. The pedestrians were gone immediately. The cars no longer drove straight but did awkward angles and bent as if it were crashed. The twisted cars were suspended on the air. The street he walked on distorted which resulted fragments of the cement to shoot out. The music slowed down and eventually crossfaded from a high voice to a slow low and hoarse voice as if it were shutting down.


It was nothing that he had seen before, he was not scared of the violent activity that turned the city twisted. The law of disorder had come to life. Suddenly, the street lamppost curved when the glass broke. Its shards then formed a centrifuge formation. The post’s tip had collapsed which resulted in blood that splattered. He observed the blood onto the ground that was being absorbed by the ground. It left a stain that said

“COME CLOSER”


Why would something have said “Come Closer” he thought. It wasn’t like if he was forbidden to follow the command. He saw the lamp post’s shards that formed a hand which pointed to the right. He made his turn and then saw the roads that shrunk rapidly. The wide path now turned into a narrow lane. The debris that floated on the air made a hastily move to clear the path for the boy. He heard screaming from the background, he saw bloody graffiti paint itself on the walls. The boy was fine with that, he wasn’t scared of hell or anything.


The graffiti itself painted very bizarre quick pictures of skulls, a person being stabbed, and the biggest one it painted was a hangman icon. The blood then disappeared and then came to unify at the road the boy was walking on. A couple of feet ahead, the blood slowly formed into a man as half of the road behind the boy twisted and blocked the path as if there was no turning back. Under the layer of blood was white medieval robes that this man wore. The blood stains were going away from the robes. He had short round glasses, blonde hair, semi layered and medium, with a scruffy beard across his whole jaw. His white grin and his wide open eyes stared at the boy as he held two short knives that came out from the inside of his wrists. His palms were covered by white wraps. The blood violently sprayed from his hands to push the knives out of his own flesh. He held one in each hand dripping blood.


“Who are you young one?” asked the bloody man with a low voice as he smiled so welcomely, not as if he were mean, but with a demented type of intention.


“Logun” answered the boy since he did not care what would happen if he were to reveal his name to a stranger.


“Logun?....What a nice name. Too bad you have just trespassed this city of Acrisius. You stole food from other citizens and have dodged surveillance. Such actions cannot be tolerated by scum like you. Do you have any last words?” said the bloody man whose excitement got the best of him. Then Logun said


Beware of the very thought of your own

The punishment is not very unknown


The peace that you have been in for so long

Will be taken away due to their wrong”


That mild tone he had was no longer mild, but turned louder that the agony of the city.


“Make sure you never break the law

or the Hangman will break you raw


But if you do ever see one

There is nowhere to run.”




The bloody man’s threatening pose backed down. His knives were pulled back inside of his flesh. He was surprised that such a young boy like Logun would ever say what he had said without fear but with anger.


“Aren’t you a hangman? Bloody man” asked Logun who then earned the bloody man’s curiosity.


“What was that?” asked the bloody man who walked closer to Logun.


“It’s a nursery rhyme”


The bloody man smiled at Logun when he got close enough towards him.


“You don’t seem to fear us Logun.....do you even know what a hangman like me is?”


The bloody man pulled out his knife quickly with his left hand and picked up Logun with the right hand within one twentieth of a second. It was clear to Logun that the bloody man’s agility and reflexes were not inferior. Logun struggled, and struggled, and struggled until the bloody man sliced his own right hand off. The blood sprayed furiously leaving Logun on the ground with blood stains that eventually faded out. The bloody man’s then has a growing bone and new tissue entwining to form his hand that he had chopped off. The white wraps also appeared on the regenerated hand as well.


“A hangman like me....are a special group of people” said the Bloody man with excitement. “I am Crimson, the right hand hangman of this city”


Crimson then stared at his hand as he talked, examining it front and back for any blood stains. It was as if it were never cut off.


“A hangman is the fear of any living soul, but a hangman could also be his own fears of himself. We have no fear left because we are simply rendered into monsters. And Monsters do not fear, but only bring fear to those who do not want it so. However, we hangmen have jobs that we must perform. The people are told that this is business, but we say it’s fun. Why did you come here Logun? What else do you know about hangmen?”


“I knew that hangmen could not fear anything because they are fear.” said Logun. “Now I know it’s true that you hangmen exist.” He looked upon Crimson with his fists tight. “I want to know more about the hangmen before you kill me!”


Crimson then laughed at the statement Logun made with bliss. His laugh got consecutively louder and louder. The violent activity of the city grew larger which earned the attention of Crimson. He stopped laughing and grabbed Logun’s hand.


“We must leave or the underworld will be the one to take us.” said Crimson as he held Logun’s hand. “I must take you to my leader.....he would love to talk with you.”


Crimson grabbed Logun’s body and sunk himself into the surface. Logun and Crimson were now liquified into the surface but then they disappeared out of the underworld. Logun then was shot out of the bloody puddle but was not in the underworld when he came out. After recovering from the underworld for a brief moment, Logun found himself at the top of the tower. There were no abstract actions of the city he was in. There were no floating debris or twisted roads, the sky was not filled with agony and screams, but with the peace he was at before the underworld. Logun stared at the great view of the city itself. It was huge for his eyes, so huge that he could not grasp every perspective or highlight of the view.


“Come Logun” commanded Crimson who was seen standing at the door. “Our boss should meet you. We have not heard of the tales and fame we have earned as hangmen.”


Crimson threw himself onto the door. Did it really matter what happened to his body? No it did not because his body that he had made fragile worked on the mighty metal door. The collapsed body instantly liquified into blood and painted the door. The door then opened by the action of the blood. Logun then entered cautiously when Crimson vanished into nowhere.


He walked through the halls filled with grand paintings of ancient times. Logun never went into a house before for a long time, without being welcomed so politely. He wasn’t aware of what lies behind the hallways, he wasn’t aware what the building he was in was for, he just approached it casually. Logun never worried about traps or deception in the hallways, but did he have to? Was he in danger? What lies behind the tower that Logun walked into.


“Little boy, why are you so unhappy?” asked a voice from a far distance. The voice had a very funny accent and a funny way of speaking. It’s voice was male but it was very...very nurturing.  “Come on little boy, I heard about a little nursery rhyme you said to my friend.” said the voice again in a childish tone.


“Would you like a piece of candy?” said the mysterious voice. But that time, it was closer to Logun. He turned around and saw a tall man with a cane and gothic clothes. His face was very childlike, his hair was gray and slick. His black fingerless gloves had layers of leather. His face did not reflect a sadistic intention, not anger, not sadness, not hate, but with a face of innocence and happiness. That face of his was very angel like as if he preserved his baby face. He held a cane that he was leaning on.


“Who are you?” asked Logun when he turned around.


“Little boy, I am Carnegie Spree” he answered with joy. He put out his hand on front of Logun. The hand was open and was not holding anything. Carnegie’s hand made gestures counting from five to one. Once the fingers were done, he opened his hand again that revealed a chocolate bar. Logun was not expecting the candy considering that it was a magic trick.


“You must eat little boy, aren’t you starving?” asked Carnegie to Logun. Logun then grabbed the chocolate bar without a thank you at all. His way of pronouncing each word became muddled. He had a unique cheesy way of speaking.


“Shouldn’t you say thank you before you.....” asked Crimson who was then stopped by Carnegie’s finger pointing up as a gesture of saying silence.


“Oh no no no....no worry about that Crimson. He is very hungry as you can see. There no need to be very rude Crimson.” interrupted Carnegie with broken grammar. “A little boy like him needs to eat so he can tell us more about how we are feared by them peeps.”


Logun’s instincts kicked in since he barely ate anything as a poor child. The chocolate bar was devoured instantly by the time Crimson looked at Logun’s face.


Carnegie then asked “Did you like that little boy?” to Logun.


“Yes I did!” answered Logun, whose face was telling Carnegie that he loved it. The chocolate bar’s taste was something to enjoy, or something to die for. He could not remember the last time he ate something so satisfactory.


“Well, not one of us in this building knows how the hangman nursery rhyme goes, but no one knows its existence. But now we is excited to listen to what other stories you know.” said Carnegie after Logun wiped his face covered by the chocolate.


“No one leaves this city Carnegie, not one single person who ever stepped across the barrier has ever told the life of such a city like this.” stated Crimson who spun his knives around his fingers.


“But the little boy know something is up. In fact, I am curious to know more about where and who he got the nursery rhyme from..” said Carnegie who was leaning against a wall in a feminine pose.


Logun decided to answer Carnegie’s question and then answered “I heard it from my parents.”  


He immediately earned Carnegie’s attention and curiosity again. Carnegie smiled with a passionate laugh.


“Yes, tell me more little boy!”


“They used to sing it to me.” said Logun as he wanted to be reserved.


“Is that all little boy?” asked Carnegie, as he was leaning on his cane towards Logun. Logun did not say a word at all after his statement.


“Let me tell you about Acrisius, the city that you stand in.” said Carnegie who put his hands on front of his body in a feminine style. He walked in a very flamboyant way as his hand was behind Logun’s shoulder. Logun stared at Carnegie’s angel like face. It was as if Carnegie was just happy go lucky. They were both walking as Carnegie spoke.


“Do you know what building my friend Crimson led you too little boy? You know, the one where we at?” asked Carnegie with his endless curiosity about the situation. Logun shook his head “no”.


“Oh you silly little boy, this is the tower that all the hangmen are at. This tower is the central building for this city. People cannot run a peaceful life by themselves, so that’s what we are here for. We give rules, we give security, but we also give their penalties. There are no lawyers, we have no need of them, not even a judge little boy, because we have hangmen. A hangman is just an executioner that kills any subordinate that does not follow the rules at all. We have complete control of our children. They don’t need to be set free, otherwise you would have a bunch of spoiled brats who fight each other. Our fellow subordinates are the people you see down there, but the hangmen, are the people you see up here little boy. So who do you want to be.........them....or us?”


Logun looked up immediately at Carnegie and smiled at him.


“A hangman!” answered Logun as his heartbeat was faster. Carnegie then picked up Logun and swung him around as he laughed. Crimson spectated the happiness that came out of Carnegie when Logun answered Carnegie.


“You see Crimson....it’s a boy, and one that’s going to be strong as us!” screamed Carnegie with joy.   



© 2013 Xerclipse


Author's Note

Xerclipse
Well I've been out from Writer's cafe for a long time. What do you think?

What do you think of Crimson and Carnegie Spree? Are they too odd?



Featured Review

I really like your characters; their names are wonderful :) Also, your description of the city is wonderful! I like how I am able to get a mental picture of the surroundings, as well as the people who live there.

"been a custom of" I wonder if you meant "become accustomed to"?

"could not bare to sleep" did you mean "bear"?

Nothing major, very well written!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Xerclipse

10 Years Ago

hhhmmm that's wierd. I'm still sure bare is right!
Jayde Of Ariston

10 Years Ago

Here's Webster's dictionary :) There are quite a few tricky words like this. http://i.word.com/idict.. read more
Jayde Of Ariston

10 Years Ago

"Bare" would have been used in middle-english i believe, but it is no longer the accepted word.



Reviews

Would this be a apocalypses? Why r the buildings falling? You have great description but u need to better adjust the image of the characters.....meaning describe their physical appearance, and I don't mean the hair, or eyes, which you have clearly clarified he has dirty black hair. For example, "the child is no ordinary child, with clumpy lean black hair that covers his baby face it is very noticeable that he rarely smiles upon his existence since he clearly does not care for his appearance. He is a queer child who is not noticeable among the crowd due to his height, nonetheless who would glance at such dirty filth....." This is one of the examples. Also the setting should be more realistic, such as where are you located? Is this New York? Los Angeles? Are the building graffitied? This would help get a better view of the setting......however great horror story plot. Very organized, and the sound of the story is very realistic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Xerclipse

10 Years Ago

It is in a fictional city. I tried to keep some of those details that you asked for a mystery so it .. read more
This is very different and interesting so far. I'm guessing he will become a hangman now?

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very entertaining chapter. Logan had balls of steel. No fear. I like the reaction of Crimson. Accepting the boy with laughter. Thank you for the outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Xerclipse

10 Years Ago

Thanks ;) but then the story rages on and on for this volume. If you have time... Enjoy the rest of .. read more
Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

I will tonight. I'm babysitting now. Hard to think with kids running wild..
I really like your characters; their names are wonderful :) Also, your description of the city is wonderful! I like how I am able to get a mental picture of the surroundings, as well as the people who live there.

"been a custom of" I wonder if you meant "become accustomed to"?

"could not bare to sleep" did you mean "bear"?

Nothing major, very well written!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Xerclipse

10 Years Ago

hhhmmm that's wierd. I'm still sure bare is right!
Jayde Of Ariston

10 Years Ago

Here's Webster's dictionary :) There are quite a few tricky words like this. http://i.word.com/idict.. read more
Jayde Of Ariston

10 Years Ago

"Bare" would have been used in middle-english i believe, but it is no longer the accepted word.
Great so far, I like your imagination :D
Really descriptive.
Crimson seems like quite the intriguing character too!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thanks Anubis. and yes I would agree Crimson is quite intriguing.
Will be taken away due to their wrong”


Said Logun.


the spacing there isnt right


thats all I saw :) great book so far

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thanks, this means a lot from an old friend. Guess I will have to change the spacing.
Taylor H.

11 Years Ago

just connect it :)
I love the world that you built for this story! It's very intriguing with it's perfect utopia and lone little boy in the streets. Oh, and there's also a bloody man who takes criminals! It's really cool so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

lol you mean crimson? well it gets cool later on in the story. the place is a utopia but as you saw .. read more
I usually don't read stories like this; with so much blood and action -
BUT
this one made me view these stories in a whole new light.
I thought this was really really good!!!
It honestly makes me want to read more,
I can actually visualize everything that is happening
great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thanks so much. Im glad I opened a new light for you. I do hope you read more because it gets intere.. read more
I just head to check it out and since i was in the neighborhood anyway i said lets see what my friend was writing and perhaps he would send some his friends to me. Glad i stopped because once again you intrigue me with a new story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thank you for stopping Shep. Im glad you are at least intriuged by the new story.
I finally have time to read your new story! GREAT!! It's still a draft, though, so there are some errors. These are some things you might want to consider when you edit...again(?):
-Who saw his black, unkempt hair that was so scraggly and dirty.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Writer #00

11 Years Ago

WC isn't letting me post all of my review...
Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

thank you for reading the story. It is still a draft, you're right about that.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 20, 2013
Last Updated on March 22, 2013
Tags: Logun, City, Crimson, Blood, Confront, Hangman, Carnegie, Spree


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


EPIGRAPH EPIGRAPH

A Chapter by Carina Baumert


Intro Intro

A Chapter by Janelle Walden