All In Vain

All In Vain

A Poem by Kris
"

Just a poem that was spawned from the vengeful side of myself. I shall dedicate it to the ones who created this feeling within me.

"

You will never catch the light,

for you never dare to step into it.

It shall reveal your evil.


Your misdeed shall be your everlasting chain,

wrapped around your body, your prison;

tightened around your throat,

as you try to gasp lies of your innocence.


You can’t escape.


Your body and mind, immersed in the bottomless pool of vanity.

You will have no need for air,

you will choke on your pride.


Struggle as you might, it will be all in vain.


You will never escape.









Image: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=chains#/d6iohz

All content belongs to their rightful owners

© 2012 Kris


Author's Note

Kris
Let me know what you think. Constructive criticism welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

love this....thank you for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


I understand exactly what you mean. One thing I really like about this poem is that I can really see what you are describing, especially the chains, as I use chains and ropes as a symbol of figurative and literal bondage. I really loved "you try to gasp lies of your innocence." That really struck me as an extremely powerful line. You did really well with this poem.

Emma :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Some are covered in darkness. They are afraid of what they may see. I was once there so I speak from experience. The rape I endure is my offender's everlasting chain and ma he live on with it. This poem was just what I needed and I give you HUGE kudo's for being so poetic in your writing skills. Great write and keep prevailing!!!!!!!!! Write on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I liked it to a point. I'm not too sure what kind of image you were trying to create. Here is what I saw. I saw a person drowning in the views and judgements of the world. I may be incorrect but this is what I saw. Good job. Keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fantastic and to the point. People like this are everywhere yet they will lead themselves to their own demise. Excellent write, really enjoyed this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is... Interesting.. I really like this. Awesomeness. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is... wow. Makes me wanna start writing poetry again! You've inspired me :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


i understand this poem, Kris, but all you have to do is move into the light and face it- I had to and I survived and leant from it.

I particularly like the imagery of the chain, hard, cold and weighing down.



Posted 11 Years Ago


wow.. this is amazing bt i gt one question.... escape it... what????

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kris

11 Years Ago

Escape the consequences and the wrath.
This is absolutely a solid punch in the face....An overhand right to the jaw!!! Amazingly and astoundingly well written...I know soooo many fake people that I just cannot stand in life...Jersey Shore....LoL I think this should be read to all of them...Kris, this is brilliance, absolute brilliance!! And when those fake people were to read this they would have nothing to say but just want to go cry in a corner...So powerful, so mind blowing, so intense, and just oh so right...I love every single word of this write...Well done Kris, absolutely well done :o)

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

942 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012
Tags: poem, Kris, All In Vain, revenge, dark

Author

Kris
Kris

The Glorious Land Eldrant



About
Hi there! My name is Kris. Any reviews that I get I always read and take into consideration even if I don't reply. If you have any constructive criticism, please do so. I am open to sugges.. more..

Writing
Time Ticked By Time Ticked By

A Poem by Kris


No Matter No Matter

A Poem by Kris



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..